Brooks Brothers Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Brooks Brothers Interview Questions

Updated Sep 18, 2018

2.4

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Brooks Brothers.

Interview

I interviewed for a new store that had not yet opened. Approximately two months after submitting my resume I was contacted for an interview. The interview process itself took about a month. I was initially contacted by the Talent Acquisition Manager for a phone interview. After this I took an online skill and personality assessment which was around 100 questions, approximately 1/3 of which were mathematical story problems. After passing that I moved to a phone interview with the District Manager, then another phone interview with the Regional HR Supervisor. At this point I was invited to take a standard drug screening, and met with the DM for an informal face to face interview. I then met with the candidate they had offered the Store Manager position to for another informal chat to ensure we would function well as a team. After this meeting I was officially offered the position. Throughout the entire process everyone was incredibly polite and professional. I was told exactly what the process would be during my first interview, and that was reiterated to me at each subsequent interview. They were very accommodating of my schedule and transparent throughout the entire process, answering all my questions with extreme detail. I was very impressed by their attention to detail, thoroughness, professionalism, and respect.

Interview Questions

• All the questions are behavior based, ie: tell me about a time your team let you down, tell me about the most difficult feedback you've received on a performance review, tell me how you drive business in your store, etc.   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bridgewater, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Brooks Brothers (Bridgewater, NJ) in September 2012.

Interview

The former store manager had his own style of interviewing that did not reflect the brand's expectations at all. Due to this, my experience may not be helpful to others.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever watched Columbo?   1 Answer

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Brooks Brothers in April 2016.

Interview

I met with upper management over lunch for a 2 1/2 hour interview. We dealt with the current and future personnel. Planned for the future growth of our location. This conversational interview was very comfortable and not a list of questions. The interviewer took notes if all that we discussed.

Interview Questions

• What are my observations of our current team for our future?   1 Answer
    • What can we change in the store to improve sales?   1 Answer

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Brooks Brothers in January 2015.

Interview

Very relaxed interview with store manager. Manager was very interested in having me cover the position. I had previously worked for the company during the holidays. After meeting with the manager I was asked to meet with the regional manager. The regional manager had complicated questions that were a bit to much for an assistant manager position but I went with it. I also had two phone interviews one with another store manager and one with an upper manager personnel in New York.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Brooks Brothers (Boston, MA) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online, got an email saying they want to set up a time. People there were very nice and friendly. It was 2:1 interview, informal. The interview took me about 30 mins, and they asked me few questions regarding me resume, personality, experiences, and so on.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brooks Brothers.

Interview

Super Easy. Met with HR and then with members of the team for the internship I was applying for! Probably took about 30 minutes. Walked me through the position I'd be doing and then asked if I had any questions.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Brooks Brothers (New York, NY) in March 2012.

Interview

The interview process was not very extensive. I went into the office and spoke with HR, then was brought to meet the team I would be working with. They asked questions about my background, what I was looking for, my schooling and what area of the company I would be interested in.

Associate Production Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Brooks Brothers (New York, NY) in September 2011.

Interview

I had been interviewing with the well known company, Brooks Brothers, since April 2011.
    Unfortunately, I never got an offer after because it was not what they were looking for. Hence, I was called again for a different position in July 2011 which similarly ended with the same exact feedback. "You're not a fit for the position." I ask myself, I have the experience, what is the problem? Everyone company runs a little different and perhaps not similar to your taste, but why not give an opportunity? I guess myself and my previous employers were perhaps not there standards of expertise.

I had overall three interviews in a spam of a month with three different employees. I honestly feel if by the second interview you concluded that the prospective employee is not a fit then don't make them come in for a third interview to be humiliated and overall feel like your knowledge is being stomped. I think it would be fair for everyone and especially my pockets. Ironically, they will tell you how they are not testing you, but they do with there questions. I am not imposing that Brooks Brothers should not be cautious of whom to extend an offer to, but give people an opportunity.

Lastly, I won't be soliciting employment from Brooks Brothers ever again.
    And, I just forewarn that you will wait sometime before you ever become accepted or declined.

Interview Questions

• If you had a price to negotiate with one source that were not meeting that price, what would you do?   1 Answer

Technical Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Enfield, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Brooks Brothers (Enfield, CT) in April 2013.

Interview

2 rounds of interviews after initial phone screen. People were very open and personable. Really enjoyed the discussions. Many long tenured associates who have been with company 15yrs up to 40yrs. Speaks a lot to caliber of company and focus on people

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Port Orange, FL

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Brooks Brothers (Port Orange, FL) in November 2017.

Interview

I went to a job fair and was called to come to an interview. I interviewed with the manager for over an hour and thought the interview went well. I wore a very nice outfit and presented myself well.

Interview Questions

• Why you wanted to work there.   1 Answer