Brookwood Medical Center Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Brookwood Medical Center Interview Questions

Updated Apr 13, 2017

2.3

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brookwood Medical Center.

Interview

Long process. Had an interview with a math test in June and didn't hear back that I had the job until the end of August. The hiring process takes an extremely long time. Good thing is, they are always looking for more technicians since it is a revolving door. A lot of the techs leave to higher paying jobs.

X-ray Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Brookwood Medical Center (Birmingham, AL).

Interview

The interviewer was nice enough but he kept talking about inside company lingo I did not understand. He ask me great questions regarding different seneros. Every answer I gave was immediately followed by negatively. He did show me around & was very informative. The staff wasn't very friendly but the head tech showed me around.

Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Brookwood Medical Center (Birmingham, AL) in September 2015.

Interview

Short, sweet and to the point. The supervisor of the officers asked me a few questions as well as the C.E.O. I felt comfortable and they neither penalized me for answering a question a certain way as they were all either opinionated or give past occurances in specific working/ real life situations. They all were very welcoming and actually enjoyed the interview.

Interview Questions

• You know you might end up having to cut your hair to work here don't you?   1 Answer

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Brookwood Medical Center.

Interview

The interview was very laid back and easy-going. I had to interview with a team of nurses. There weren't too many questions and I received a call from HR within the week. The overall process took about three months. I was lucky to have had an inside referral. The old saying, "It's not what you know, but who you know" definitely applies.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years.   1 Answer

Mental Health Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Brookwood Medical Center (Birmingham, AL) in July 2014.

Interview

Face to face with director, manager, and another mental health associate. Interview included experience questions, how to deal with potential violent escalations, and inappropriate situations with co-workers towards clients. Also how good are your documentation skills is a question they asked!

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Brookwood Medical Center (Birmingham, AL) in June 2014.

Interview

General interview questions. Opportunities for tours of the hospital or you desired location. Peer interviews are used here. Great opportunity to meet some of the people you may be working with. Nothing was unexpected.

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Brookwood Medical Center (Birmingham, AL) in January 2014.

Interview

New grad program was required for 30 days and then preceptor training was suppose to be provided for 30 days or more to teach me about the facility and nursing techniques.

Interview Questions

• Stay on with teachings under a preceptor   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Brookwood Medical Center (Birmingham, AL) in June 2013.

Interview

I first applied on line. Someone in HR called me back and got the ball rolling. I had a meeting with the director for a one on one interview. Came back for a second interview with others on staff. The whole process took several weeks. The second interview was really informative to me because I got to watch how the other employees were together, ask them questions and listen to them. I got to see if I would fit in with them and they also asked questions to see if I was a fit for them.

Interview Questions

• How I would handle certain challenges during a shift. .   Answer Question
    • Q: What was one thing that they asked you? If I saw someone doing something I knew was wrong, how would I go about handling the situation   1 Answer
    • Q: What was one thing that they asked you? Where I would like to be in my career in 5 years.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations, the salary was set.

MHA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Brookwood Medical Center (Birmingham, AL) in January 2012.

Interview

Go into a separate room and are asked several situational questions. The questions ranged from what would you do if someone were stealing, to how would you respond to a patient who was rowdy. Just give textbook answers.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you saw another employee taking drugs.   Answer Question

Negotiation

We were given our hourly rate based on experience.

Department Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Brookwood Medical Center (Birmingham, AL) in January 2011.

Interview

The panel interview involved 5-6 department leaders and previous manager. The previous retiring manager decided and was allowed to stay on as part-time help. The panel asked a series of behavior questions. I asked questions about department structures and what I could do to support their teams. The invitation for department leaders' feedback was a winner. I interviewed on Monday. They made the offer on Friday.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a difficult decision you had to make for the department. How did you determine your decision?   1 Answer