Brother Industries Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Brother Industries Interview Questions

Updated Oct 22, 2017

2.7

Senior Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Brother Industries in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online for a position I was a shoo in for and was contacted within a couple of days to set up an interview. I rec'd 2 emails from HR with 2 conflicting interview times (warning flag 1?). I replied asking which time slot was the correct one & informed my name was "very similar" to another candidate (-_-).

The phone screening was the following week and the interview was the typical behavioral/duties based initial screening. I got a sense that the HR rep wasn't really sure about the specifics of the job, but I'd say it went okay. Fast forward 2 weeks and I still haven't heard from the company despite the HR rep telling me they were in immediate need and would be contacting interviewees by the end of the week.

If they contact me at this point I'd pass on the in-person interview.

Senior Digital Project Manager, DCoE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bridgewater, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Brother Industries (Bridgewater, NJ).

Interview

Sent in application, heard from HR within a few days. Did an initial phone screen then had a phone interview with HR which went well. They said next step would be to meet with the hiring Mgr in person.

After a couple weeks of not hearing anything, I got a form email saying I did not meet the requirements for the role, except the role the email mentioned was a different role than I applied for! Emailed HR to ask about the role that I had actually applied for, and was told it had been filled internally.

It seems like they are pretty disorganized.

Interview Questions

• Experience and situational questions, like "tell me about a time where something didn't go right with a project and what you did to fix it"   Answer Question

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bridgewater, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Brother Industries (Bridgewater, NJ) in March 2016.

Interview

I heard back after I sent in my resume within a few days.

I first had a phone screening with HR who said that the manager of the sales team saw my resume and was very excited to speak with me.

I spoke with the manager the following day for 15 minutes, I asked a lot of questions and they wanted to bring me in for an in person interview. I had an in-person interview the following day in Bridgewater, NJ.

I arrived early with copies of my resume, and first met with the manager who didn't have any questions for me. I then met with the director of sales who also didn't have many questions for me and then lastly with HR who said they would let me know in a few weeks.

I wish I had asked to see where I would be sitting, more about the products I would be selling &c., though I felt I had all of my questions answered on the phone (I had made a list). I emailed both the manager and HR and then left a message inquiring about where they were in the process, if I could begin studying all of the products I would be selling further.

HR responded a few days later saying they decided to pursue other candidates.

Sales Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bridgewater, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Brother Industries (Bridgewater, NJ).

Interview

Interview process was very positive, quick and efficient. Really enjoyed meeting everyone from the recruiter, director, and hiring manager. Process started recruiter contacting me; coaching me on what to say and write in emails. Asked current salary, etc. Then invited in with a quick MS office test very easy if you know basics well. Followed by 2 interviews each 30-45 min long. A week later an offer was made and negotiations were accepted. After one back and forth offer accepted. Pleasant experience overall. Could definitely tell in body language that I would get offer before they gave me verbal. Tip: Be very energetic and engaged; demonstrate initiative throughout entire process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

One back and forth

Marketing Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bridgewater, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Brother Industries (Bridgewater, NJ) in July 2015.

Interview

Long! Took over three months! Had three phone interviews and two face to face interviews along with writing business proposal. Was told I was one of two Final candidates for the position. After submitting proposal, never heard from them. Followed up and was told there was no interest and that they were still interviewing other candidates. Felt like they were "collecting proposals" to use but not hire anyone. Very disappointed in the whole process and would not apply with Brother International again.

Interview Questions

• Asked for business proposal because it was down to 2 candidates. Never heard from them again. Followed up and told neither was accepted and they would look for more candidates.   1 Answer

Quality Control Inspector Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bartlett, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Brother Industries (Bartlett, TN) in June 2015.

Interview

I spoke with the Department Manager first. It was a very positive conversation. After describing the position and duties, I was asked questions regarding myself, my personality, my ethics. He agreed with quite a few of my answers. I then spoke with a human resources officer. She asked me several questions including what I thought I could bring to her company. A very positive process.

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bridgewater, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Brother Industries (Bridgewater, NJ) in April 2015.

Interview

The interviewers were honest, open and friendly when introducing the culture of the company. They also explained to detail what the expectations are of the role. The schedule ran smoothly and I never felt as if anything was out of place. Communication was seamless throughout the hiring process. I knew step by step what was expected of me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you had an issue and how did you go about resolving it.   Answer Question

Field Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bridgewater, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Brother Industries (Bridgewater, NJ) in August 2014.

Interview

I went through at least 4 phone interviews, which were very basic and getting to know one and other but were completely unnecessary considering they were 30 minutes each. The phone interviews that took almost 2 months because they were constantly changing the date and time. After completing the 4 interviews you go in and have to make a presentation on any brother product. This was harder than you think considering how much could you say about a printer without being repetitive and boring. After the presentation you go and meat the VP of sales and if all goes well they offer you the job.

They also claim its a sales position yet youre actually a field merchandiser for at least a year. This is basically doing tradeshows and presenting the product. You also get no commision. It is 35k salary with driving up to 100 miles a day.

In my opinion it would save everyone in the process time and money if there were not as many phone interviews. One or two phone interviews is enough before having to go in for a face to face.

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cordova, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Brother Industries (Cordova, TN).

Interview

Originally worked and negotiated the interviews through a recruiter, then moved on to personal and on-site interviews. The offer was low at first and I rejected it. They came back higher but not by much. The interview tour was not sufficient and gives a more rosy picture than the place deserves.

Interview Questions

• How would you measure team performance.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I negotiated for a month, slightly higher salary, vacation not negotiable. Sign on bonus was available, and at the end they slip into the paperwork a one-year contract to keep the sign-on bonus, not having mentioned this before. I would pity the person who decides to stay the entire year to keep the small sign-on allotment.

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Brother Industries (Irvine, CA).

Interview

It was quite simple; I interviewed with HR then got a second interview with the hiring manager/director, and lastly the VP of the company.

Interview Questions

• Sorry, no gotchas here. The interview was very straight forward.   Answer Question