Brother Industries Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

Sort:

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bridgewater, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Brother Industries (Bridgewater, NJ) in May 2011.

Interview

Interview process involved meeting hr, bosses and 2 co-workers. Interview questions from boss were direct. Interviews with coworkers were very relaxed, friendly. Was asked back for a second interview. 2nd interview involved meeting 2 bosses at the same time.

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cordova, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Brother Industries (Cordova, TN).

Interview

Originally worked and negotiated the interviews through a recruiter, then moved on to personal and on-site interviews. The offer was low at first and I rejected it. They came back higher but not by much. The interview tour was not sufficient and gives a more rosy picture than the place deserves.

Interview Questions

• How would you measure team performance.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I negotiated for a month, slightly higher salary, vacation not negotiable. Sign on bonus was available, and at the end they slip into the paperwork a one-year contract to keep the sign-on bonus, not having mentioned this before. I would pity the person who decides to stay the entire year to keep the small sign-on allotment.

Major Accounts Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bridgewater, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Brother Industries (Bridgewater, NJ) in March 2012.

Interview

I was recruited by an Independent Contractor across the country. I dealt exclusively with him for over a month. i eventually had a face to face interview with my future boss that was easy. After this, more dealings with the Independent Contractor. Eventually, I was flown out to Corporate in NJ and interviewed with 3 VP's. I received offer through the Independent Contractor. Process lasted about 45 days.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really out of the ordinary. Most of the interview process was dialogue more than question after question.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation other than requesting a day off I needed.

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bridgewater, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Brother Industries (Bridgewater, NJ) in March 2016.

Interview

I heard back after I sent in my resume within a few days.

I first had a phone screening with HR who said that the manager of the sales team saw my resume and was very excited to speak with me.

I spoke with the manager the following day for 15 minutes, I asked a lot of questions and they wanted to bring me in for an in person interview. I had an in-person interview the following day in Bridgewater, NJ.

I arrived early with copies of my resume, and first met with the manager who didn't have any questions for me. I then met with the director of sales who also didn't have many questions for me and then lastly with HR who said they would let me know in a few weeks.

I wish I had asked to see where I would be sitting, more about the products I would be selling &c., though I felt I had all of my questions answered on the phone (I had made a list). I emailed both the manager and HR and then left a message inquiring about where they were in the process, if I could begin studying all of the products I would be selling further.

HR responded a few days later saying they decided to pursue other candidates.

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bridgewater, NJ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Brother Industries (Bridgewater, NJ) in April 2018.

Interview

Applied through Indeed.com and was contacted via email within a week.

I had one phone call with HR about a week later. Very simple phone call. I was asked about myself and background. I was then asked what I knew about the position.

I was selected for the next interview which was another phone interview with one of the managers. Same types of questions were asked.

Final round of interviews were in the headquarters in Bridgewater, NJ.

I had 3 short interviews two with managers and one with the VP of sales. All were very

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Forest, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Brother Industries (Lake Forest, CA) in August 2010.

Interview

1 phone interview, 2 face to face interviews locally and then had to fly back to NJ for final 4 interviews. Overall process took a little over two months

Interview Questions

• Sell me this watch (interviewer takes off watch and wants you to sell him it)   Answer Question

Negotiation

Brothe offered decent pay, but no real path for promotion and/or raise was outlined.
    You can always negotiate the profit sharing plan and ask for 3 weeks vacation, which I got my first year

Field Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bridgewater, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Brother Industries (Bridgewater, NJ) in August 2014.

Interview

I went through at least 4 phone interviews, which were very basic and getting to know one and other but were completely unnecessary considering they were 30 minutes each. The phone interviews that took almost 2 months because they were constantly changing the date and time. After completing the 4 interviews you go in and have to make a presentation on any brother product. This was harder than you think considering how much could you say about a printer without being repetitive and boring. After the presentation you go and meat the VP of sales and if all goes well they offer you the job.

They also claim its a sales position yet youre actually a field merchandiser for at least a year. This is basically doing tradeshows and presenting the product. You also get no commision. It is 35k salary with driving up to 100 miles a day.

In my opinion it would save everyone in the process time and money if there were not as many phone interviews. One or two phone interviews is enough before having to go in for a face to face.

Senior Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Brother Industries in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online for a position I was a shoo in for and was contacted within a couple of days to set up an interview. I rec'd 2 emails from HR with 2 conflicting interview times (warning flag 1?). I replied asking which time slot was the correct one & informed my name was "very similar" to another candidate (-_-).

The phone screening was the following week and the interview was the typical behavioral/duties based initial screening. I got a sense that the HR rep wasn't really sure about the specifics of the job, but I'd say it went okay. Fast forward 2 weeks and I still haven't heard from the company despite the HR rep telling me they were in immediate need and would be contacting interviewees by the end of the week.

If they contact me at this point I'd pass on the in-person interview.

Director of Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Brother Industries (Irvine, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

I was interviewed first by a very nice person from the personnel department. It was a basic interview. It wasn't really probing. I listened more than spoke and that was fine by me. I must have said something right. Next I was interviewed by my future boss. It was an interesting conversation. She was very positive about the company. If the first interview wasn't too probing, this one was overboard about my personal life. I think it was more about how I spend my spare time than how I make a sale.

Interview Questions

• Is it possible that you could move if we wanted you to work from corporate?   Answer Question

Sales Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bridgewater, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Brother Industries (Bridgewater, NJ).

Interview

Interview process was very positive, quick and efficient. Really enjoyed meeting everyone from the recruiter, director, and hiring manager. Process started recruiter contacting me; coaching me on what to say and write in emails. Asked current salary, etc. Then invited in with a quick MS office test very easy if you know basics well. Followed by 2 interviews each 30-45 min long. A week later an offer was made and negotiations were accepted. After one back and forth offer accepted. Pleasant experience overall. Could definitely tell in body language that I would get offer before they gave me verbal. Tip: Be very energetic and engaged; demonstrate initiative throughout entire process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

One back and forth