Brown Advisory Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Sort:

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Brown Advisory (Baltimore, MD) in May 2009.

Interview

The initial interview process was straightforward. I found the job posting on the company website, and applied to the posting by sending an email with cover letter and resume. I also scanned the company website to see if I knew anyone who worked for the firm. I received a reply within 24 hours and was asked to come in for an interview. The in office interview was about 4-5 hours, and I met with about 8-10 people with several sessions of half hour interviews. After the in person interview, we scheduled a time for me to complete a sample "ad-hoc" project (they sent me a problem/business case that I had to create an answer for and respond within a time frame.)

Interview Questions

• The questions varied from typical interview questions (what are your greatest strengths) to more in depth questions about how I solved a specific problem in my previous position. Most were standard.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was given the offer over the phone, and had limited ability to negotiate. I negotiated on the salary and benefits.

Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brown Advisory (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

HR contacted me by email on a Thursday asking times and dates I am available. I responded immediately and got a response the following Tuesday. We scheduled a phone interview for Wednesday at 9am, but HR never called. HR later emailed and apologized and asked for more dates and times. I responded immediately and still haven't heard back from HR.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Brown Advisory in April 2017.

Interview

on-campus interview through university's career site; the initial interview was very personality-based with questions such as tell me about yourself, why finance, where do you see yourself in the future, what motivates you.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Brown Advisory (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online in late september, they got back with email a couple days after offering a Q&A panel. A few weeks after that, I was invited to a 20 minute phone interview with Junior Analyst. He asked really general questions that assessed if I was a good fit with the company. Second round interviews were then offered a couple weeks after. The final offer was finalized in early to mid November.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume, why Brown Advisory, what got you into the field you are in?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Brown Advisory in October 2016.

Interview

Did an on-campus interview. Didn't hear back after that. There were two interviews, and the questions were largely centered around my prior experience listed on my resume. There were minimal questions related to the role itself.

Intern Interview

Interview

Had two rounds of interviews, two on campus interviews back to back and two more in the super day in baltimore. Pretty relaxed conversation and straightforward questions (why asset management, why brown advisory, etc). Superday was informative and a good way to see the firm. Offer rate to interns for full time offer after the summer program is low according to an MD I interviewed with.

Summer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Brown Advisory in January 2015.

Interview

This was the first round of interviews and thus was a screening interview. I was interviewed by one previous intern who accepted full-time positions upon completion. They were very friendly and sounded like they really enjoyed the firm. Pretty relaxed conversation and straightforward questions (why asset management, why brown advisory, etc).

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume? What activities are you invovled?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brown Advisory.

Interview

This was the first round of interviews and thus was a screening interview. I was interviewed by two previous interns who accepted full-time positions upon completion. They were very upbeat and sounded like they really enjoyed the firm.

Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

The interviewers were very friendly and spent a lot of time describing the culture and environment of the firm. The first interview consisted of only resume-based and behavioral questions. A lot of the time was also spent asking the interviewers questions.

Investment Performance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brown Advisory (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

Applied and had an initial phone conversation. Everything went well, and then didn't hear back for 3 weeks. Then I was invited to fly out to meet for another round of interviews. Everything again went well, including start date times and salary discussions. It finished by them saying that I would work well with everyone and that I would hear a reponse by the week's end. Four weeks later, I have yet to hear a response despite multiple followups. Disappointing to say the least.

Interview Questions

• It was all very standard. Frankly, there was no test of actual knowledge. No detailed question about how to resolve "x." It was all personality based.   Answer Question