Brunswick Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 4, 2017

2.7

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Brunswick (Champaign, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week from the moment I first heard back from them for the first interview. Had a great time talking with interviewer. Very generous and great listener.

ADLP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Brunswick (Chicago, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

Firstly, I am asked to give a brief self introduction, and after that, I was asked to introduce the whole resume content briefly. Then, some questions about the experiences. Then, if I have any questions for them.

Interview Questions

• What do you think about data analytics? how will you explain this to others?   Answer Question
    • Which project in you experiences do you like most? Why   Answer Question

Big Data Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Brunswick in October 2016.

Interview

Applied in last week of September 2016(Online application). Received call on 1st week of October. Recruiter emailed me on Friday afternoon with job description and take home interview test which had some interview questions. Submitted the take home interview on weekend itself.

1. Describe experience with Hive, Hadoop, Impala, Data Lake Design, data warehouse, etc.

Later that week emailed recruiter again for the status or feedback of the take home interview, recruiter asked me to call him on Saturday which was kind of weird. Called the recruiter, asked me some basic question like tell me about yourself, what is hive, hadoop, etc... Later on said that they are looking for someone with atleast 3 years of work experience.

It was clearly evident from my resume that I don't have 3 years of work experience in Big Data technologies. Why did they even considered me for the interview I didn't understand. The recruiter kept asking the same questions which were there in the take home interview like sponsorship, salary expectation, current location, etc.. This clearly indicated that the recruiter didn't go through my resume and the take home interview. The process is complete waste of time and effort.

Interview Questions

• Nothing technical. Just describing your experience.
      2. Few behavioral like why looking for new job? why Brunswick? sponsorship? salary expectation?   Answer Question

Finance Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Forest, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Brunswick (Lake Forest, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

Brunswick attended my college's career fair and the recruiter referred me to apply online. They then had an on-campus interview lasting 45 minutes, containing mostly behavioral questions in a casual conversational format. Then if that goes well, you are invited to their headquarters in Lake Forest all expenses paid. You arrive the night before and have dinner to meet the other canidates and those who will be doing the interview. You arrive the next day in the morning and have 4 interviews lasting 30-45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Mostly questions asking you to describe a time you did certain group/financial tasks.   Answer Question

Event Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norcross, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Brunswick (Norcross, GA).

Interview

There is a face to face meeting with who you work directly under first. Then you meet with the lead manager.You sit in the Taven and talk for about 20 minutes. You get asked a bunch of questions. Basically if you like people, interaction that you have had, leadership roles, cold calling experience. You are old that you will be the community presence of the company and are you comfortable with that.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Brunswick (New York, NY).

Interview

had two interviews: written and behavioral, showed up after taking test. mostly behavioral questions like who you are and why are you interested. Prepare well, be yourself and you will be fine

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Brunswick.

Interview

Contacted by headhunter working for Brunswick. After not returning her phone call, she sent me an email on LinkedIn. Phone interview with her first and then handed off to the District Manager for a face to face interview. Then if you succeed you will meet with his boss. Background and Reference Check took about 3 weeks to officially start.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Always ask for more money if you are a woman especially. They pay women less.

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Brunswick (Chicago, IL).

Interview

You would interview with the Director of Operations. Then someone from Human Resources, and possible a higher level manager. An online application would be required. Once your are considered, you would have to submit an approval for a background check and credit check. All these items are considered before the final offer

Interview Questions

• How would you improve your business if it is failing? What kind of marketing techniques have you used in the past to improve a situation like this?   Answer Question

Leadership Rotation Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Brunswick in September 2013.

Interview

Applied through school/university, had an on-campus interview a couple days later. Nice recruiters but came with a weird question as a starter. Because of my international background, he asked me about political issues happened in my home country and kidnapping problem. (how odd!) Then he went through my resume, asked typical behavior questions. I didn't really prepare for it and I don't think I did a nearly-good job.

Party Host Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Brunswick in September 2013.

Interview

I applied online and a day later I received a call for an interview. And since it was a party host position, they did a group interview to see how everyone would interact with eachother and to children. They want someone who outgoing, loves to be around children and very enthusiastic.

Interview Questions

• No hard questions. They asked the general get to know you questions then played musical chairs, played simon says and danced to the chicken dance song.   Answer Question