Brunswick Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Brunswick

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Internship Interview

Interview

Spoke with a recruiter. Completed a 2 hour skills assessment meant to test writing skills. Had an in person interview that took about 2 hours and consisted of meeting 2 account researchers, an executive, an account director and a director. Follow up interview was conducted over the phone with a partner. Not very difficult but they definitely want to make sure you fit a specific culture.

Guest Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Perry Hall, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Brunswick (Perry Hall, MD) in May 2019.

Interview

Wasn’t really an interview more like a meet and greet. Met the manager I’m assuming who seemed to be this young guy. He was pretty cool and very impressed with my background.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to tell them about myself.   1 Answer

Investor Relations Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Brunswick.

Interview

1round mainly about communication,
    2 round talked about the interest of the company and my daily life and the understanding of this industry. The details of cases I particpated in such as the size and the process.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin Park, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Brunswick (Franklin Park, IL) in February 2019.

Interview

Had two phone interviews and an on-site interview. The on-site interview overall was okay except for an older gentleman at the beginning. He was grilling me on the process to release a CCA and how to fix an issue with EMI. I come from the Defense/Aerospace Industry so I'm used high reliability and very strict EMI requirements. I gave industry standard answers yet they didn't seem to like them. After looking at their schematic, I saw why. They have more problems then they are willing to admit which can easily be solved with standard good practice.

They offered to fly me out and pay for a hotel. I said I can drive and didn't need a hotel because family is in the area. They said they would reimburse me for travel expenses, I have now sent 3 emails about the topic and have not heard back.

Interview Questions

• Name 5 milestones to release a card   1 Answer
    • How do you fix a radiated emissions issue   1 Answer
    • What do you do if a choke on the output is undersized?   1 Answer

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Brunswick (Tampa, FL) in January 2019.

Interview

Email sent to request an initial interview with corporate recruiter, scheduled a follow up interview with two other operation managers in another location, then another set of interviews onsite. After multiple follow up emails, thank you and inquiries of timing, I was sent a "no thank you" email several months later. I would have appreciated a quicker response or a mere check in on timing.

Interview Questions

• What are your best attributes   1 Answer

FLDP Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mettawa, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Brunswick (Mettawa, IL) in November 2018.

Interview

They had us stay in a hotel for a dinner the night before the interviews to chat with all the managers and other FLDPs. The interview day consisted of 4-5 people interviewing you in different departments w/in Finance.

Interview Questions

• The questions were basic get to know you and skills/experience based.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mettawa, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Brunswick (Mettawa, IL) in August 2018.

Interview

In early August I applied for a leadership position online. I quickly went through 3 phone interviews and eventually was brought on-site, at their corporate office, that same month, for a panel of face-to-face interviews with 6 individuals representing business partners I'd be working with. There was on individual who I interviewed with via a video session as he was off-site and there were technical issues that delayed our time a good 10 minutes.

The phone and in-person interviews I felt went really well and everyone I met represented the organization very well. After the the round of in-person interviews, I sent my thank you emails and waited to hear back.

In the course of time that followed, I had only one communication from the recruiter (September). It was a month later, after sending a few emails to inquire on the status of the role, letting me know that at that time I was the only one they had brought on-site and that they expected to make a decision in the next few weeks. Almost another month passed by (now October) and I sent another communication to inquire on the status of the role, but hadn't heard anything back. In November I received a form-letter communication from their recruitment system stating I wasn't selected for the position and they decided to go with another candidate.

I rated the overall experience as a negative because I traveled out-of-state for the interview, attempted to keep the lines of communication open and in the end I received what I felt was a cookie-cutter response with no further explanation.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Brunswick in March 2018.

Interview

Sent in resume through their website and a recruiter emailed asking to set up interview. Next was the phone screen which the recruiter failed to show up for and never responded to emails to reschedule. The last correspondence I received was an email a month later saying that they were going with other candidates. Totally unprofessional.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Brunswick.

Interview

Applied for position online. The website threw text fields out of chronological order and also would have past "Job Titles" automatically lower case. Resume wouldn't upload. I tried Google Chrome and Mozilla browsers with the same results. Got through to a "Talent Acquisition Partner" due to calling HR and sending an e-mail because the application process on Brunswick.com wasn't up to par. Just a heads up for anyone in the future trying to apply.

Account Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Brunswick.

Interview

Lengthy process but worth it. You'll meet with a range of people and get a good sense of the culture, talent, and type of work. Come with questions for the interviewer - it shows you understand the company and have a genuine interest.

Interview Questions

• What's one thing in your career you're proud of and one thing you're not proud of?   Answer Question