Bubba Gump Shrimp Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Bubba Gump Shrimp

1.8

Waitress Interview

Anonymous Employee in Galveston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Bubba Gump Shrimp (Galveston, TX) in February 2014.

Interview

They sat me down in a booth and it took forever to be seen, during which I had about 2 customers try to hit on me. Then one of the acting managers finally came and talked to me and asked why I wanted to be a waitress. I told her that i liked helping people and that I wanted something a bit more fast paced than being a hostess and that I like the restaurant industry. She went and got the senior manager of the store and he asked me about my availability and then told me that because I was only 18 that it was going to be hard to memorize all the drinks they offer but that he would give me a chance. So then he gave me a packet and said come back next Wednesday. Side note, training here sucked. You'd come in and they'd frequently send you home because it wouldn't be busy enough for you to get good training in, but they would not schedule you for training on a busy day. Consequently, training took forever.

Interview Questions

• How will you tell customers about our alcoholic drinks when you're too young to know enough about alcohol in order to properly describe the drinks?   1 Answer

Waitress Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bubba Gump Shrimp (Orlando, FL) in June 2009.

Interview

Very nice managers, as long as you have restaurant experience and don't mind the long hours it's an easy job to get. Especially during the summer, which is their busiest time of year.

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Bubba Gump Shrimp (Baltimore, MD) in March 2012.

Interview

They schedule you an interview then make you sit and wait in the "lobby" for almost two hours to see "if you really want it" like you don't have responsibilities to take care of the rest of the day or anything.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bubba Gump Shrimp (New York, NY).

Interview

If you walk in at the right time, they may ask you to fill out an application and stay for an interview if you have time. Very simple. Basically just show them you can have a normal conversation like a real human being.

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bubba Gump Shrimp (Long Beach, CA).

Interview

I inquired about the job opening over the phone and was directed to an online application, which I completed and submitted. During the same phone call, I was given an appointment to come to the restaurant and interview in person. I spoke to three separate managers during my interview and was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Do you have open availability?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bubba Gump Shrimp (New York, NY) in January 2018.

Interview

I took an application and filled it out the week before. I came in between the hours of 2-4pm to have an on the spot interview with the assistant GM as well as the GM.

Interview Questions

• They asked me why I wanted to work for Bubba Gump.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Bubba Gump Shrimp (Miami, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

Common questions.. Big on team work and company guidelines. Explained Gump core values , and top 10. Very serious must learn it word for word once hired. Met with 2 managers, Server manager then GM

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bubba Gump Shrimp (Santa Monica, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

You go through 3 interviews, they are pretty simple and almost hire anybody. It usually helps to have some serving experience. Even if you have only worked as a cashier, you can exaggerate that experience. I think they like people who are fresh so they can teach you their way, because it is a very unique place to work.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bubba Gump Shrimp (Baltimore, MD) in March 2017.

Interview

i went to the open interviews and they looked at my application and i had a meeting with the hiring manager then the host manager then the general manager once i spoke to the general manger i was told my orientation date

Anonymous Employee in Destin, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bubba Gump Shrimp (Destin, FL) in May 2012.

Interview

Basically you had to explain past experiences on how you managed certain situations or would manage them now. You also have to explain moments where you exceeded expectations and did above and beyond the call of duty.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult questions are making up on the spot how you would handle situations. Just practice basic interview questions and you should be fine.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Servers always get paid 4.65