Bubba Gump Shrimp Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 25, 2017

1.9

Interviews for Top Jobs at Bubba Gump Shrimp

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bubba Gump Shrimp (New York, NY).

Interview

If you walk in at the right time, they may ask you to fill out an application and stay for an interview if you have time. Very simple. Basically just show them you can have a normal conversation like a real human being.

Dining Room Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Bubba Gump Shrimp (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

This position has been open since October 2016. The GM does the face to face interview, but obviously has no intention of filing this spot. Also, once you have applied and not accepted, you have no chance of working at other Landry's concepts. Don't waste your time.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you, what do you bring to the table?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bubba Gump Shrimp (Long Beach, CA).

Interview

I inquired about the job opening over the phone and was directed to an online application, which I completed and submitted. During the same phone call, I was given an appointment to come to the restaurant and interview in person. I spoke to three separate managers during my interview and was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Do you have open availability?   1 Answer

Kitchen Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bubba Gump Shrimp.

Interview

Asked about experience and could i Follow recipes i replied yes.asked have i ever worked in a kitchen i said yes. Very easy interveiw and quick and easy process. Manager was very polite

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bubba Gump Shrimp (Long Beach, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Easy flowing, straight forward, simple. Was interviewed by two different managers. The first manager asked basic questions, the second manager went more into detail with the questions. If you have a resume they ask questions about it. They went over all the positions and asked what I was interested in.

Interview Questions

• What brings you here? What do you think it takes to be a hostess?   Answer Question

Server/Waiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bubba Gump Shrimp (Santa Monica, CA).

Interview

A couple meetings with managers where they asked normal questions and got a feel for you and your experience/methods. One on one's sitting in booths. They want to know that you can be pleasant and friendly to fit in with the environment, that you can hold a conversation and probably won't say wildly inappropriate things to tables. They just want to make sure you don't have an glaring readily apparent prejudices or come across as a psycho or a creep.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation serving where you encountered a difficult situation and how you handled it   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Daytona Beach, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Bubba Gump Shrimp (Daytona Beach, FL).

Interview

They want a rock star!

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bubba Gump Shrimp (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied on Indeed.com. Got an email from a manager who asked me to come in the following day. I got there on time only to be greeted by confused employees who were not expecting me at all. Even the other managers were caught off guard. There was a brief scramble trying to get a hold of the manager who called me in while I filled out a paper application. After a few moments one of the managers approached me pretending to read my application and explained that the manager who called me in worked all night and called a day off and they would be in touch with me to reschedule. I was very eager to work at this location so I emailed the manager saying I understood and could not wait for our interview. I think it was not until 2 weeks later, when I had given up all hope on this job, that he emailed me back and scheduled a new interview. I accepted. I showed up on time, and guess what...? He was not there again! The employees were just as baffled as they were the first time when I showed up. This time I did get to be interviewed but by another manager who explained that the manager who had been emailing me had been dealing with health issues and he apologized. That I could understand, but I could not excuse the fact that the manager never emailed me or called me to let me know he could not make it and instead let me travel all the way from Brooklyn to Manhattan (twice!) for nothing. Anyways, I was interviewed, and it went pretty well. The manager who was interviewing me was easy to talk to, but I had a feeling that he was not the manager for the merchandise store, which is where I was applying, because he did not ask me any questions specifically about retail and the interview was pretty vague and nonsensical (it almost felt like a first date with someone I met on Grindr or something LOL), like he didn't really know what to talk about (he had to think before asking each question). It was obvious that the interview was just to save face and wasn't real at all. I emailed the manager who kept disappearing again in hopes that things could still work out. This was a few months ago and I never heard from Bubba Gump again. My bad experience at Bubba Gump was completely conditional and I would not say it was an accurate representation of the entire franchise, just the Times Square location (and this manager). Overall it was a really weird experience.

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bubba Gump Shrimp in June 2015.

Interview

I sat down waited 20 minutes. I was then asked a couple of things about my self and asked if i knew math. Then I was signed up for orientation.

Host Interview

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Bubba Gump Shrimp (Long Beach, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

3 phase interview, once you pass one manager you move onto the next. Very easy and friendly process. All of the managers are very helpful and you do no feel like you are being grilled the whole time.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer