Buckeye Partners Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 1, 2017

3.1

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Buckeye Partners (Houston, TX).

Interview

Came into a local office for an informational interview that went well. Project management team is friendly and very smart. Went to onsite interview at terminal station and toured the facility/talked with local project engineering managers and answered basic questions about my interests, background, aptitudes, etc. Interview process is well organized if only a little bit long.

Interview Questions

• In a growing company hours can be long or irregular, is this something that you are willing to work with?   Answer Question

Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corpus Christi, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Buckeye Partners (Corpus Christi, TX).

Interview

Applied online, was chosen for a in person interview, went in for a interview, it was a good interview followed by a online test. Overall good process. I learned a lot with the process of getting a job in the oil and gas industry. It was my first interview. And I'll know what to expect in the future.

Corporate Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Breinigsville, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Buckeye Partners (Breinigsville, PA).

Interview

very well dressed, lots of technical questions, long process, face to face twice, 3 phone screens. interviewed by at least 5 different people. They came back with a low offer and I rejected it, they came back 2 more times until we agreed on an offer.

Air Compliance Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corpus Christi, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Buckeye Partners (Corpus Christi, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

Was contacted by HR recruiter who described the position and the company's philosophy. I was then interviewed on site by the hiring manager and via telephone by a technical expert. Was told I would be returning to site to meet with operations. That last interview never happened. It was obvious the hiring manager never read my resume. Pleasant interview with all three contacts.

Interview Questions

• Have you worked in a refinery   1 Answer

IT PMO Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Buckeye Partners (Houston, TX).

Interview

Was asked to prepare 10-15 minute presentation about myself which was a bit obnoxious to be required to present on how well one can "sell themselves". I arrived to the interview and only 1 out of 4 interviewers was present. I found it a bit inconsiderate to ask someone to prepare a presentation then no one shows up to the interview. As a result, I found out that day that I would need to return to do another round of interviews. Poor management of time. Overall the interviewers were friendly and asked basic question...more conversational.

M&QC Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Buckeye Partners in February 2016.

Interview

Initial call was recieved from a recruiter with brief phone screen. It was very professional and involved typical questions about my background and qualifications. Interview arrangements were made shortly after by recruiter and set up for a panel of 5 team leaders. The recruiter was a pleasure to talk to and was very resourceful.

The recruiter was very knowledgeable. If you make it through the screening process to the interviewing stage, you belong there. You have the desired qualifications and experience.

I arrived 20 minutes early and met with one of the team leaders, another arrived shortly before interview was to begin. The team members were very polite and easy to talk to. Also they were extremely helpful in explaining the details of the position thus helping me understand if I was a good fit. The remaining 3 team members never phoned in.

The interview involved mostly technical questions which were very specific to the job, unlike any personality based questions. It was basically questions most people would not know unless they had previously worked in the specific line of work.

The interview meeting with the team of 5 was of the utmost importance to myself, however, most of the interviewing team (3 of 5) failed to arrive. Not much effort was put in to locate the missing team members by the leading interviewer either. However, neither did I. In hindsight, this was a mistake on my part as well.

Overall, the interview process was not perfect, but who's is? Buckeye seems like a great place to work and I hope to have more opportunities with them in the future.

Interview Questions

• Only personality based question was one about past difficulties faced at prior employment, and how it was handled.   Answer Question

Technical Associate Rotational Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Breinigsville, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Buckeye Partners (Breinigsville, PA) in November 2015.

Interview

met with recruiter at career fair, was then invited to information session, had a phone interview and then an interview in breinigsville with a panel of 8 Sr. managers. Great people and it was very easy going. The interview was boardroom style and they also took me on a tour of the facility. All in all great experience and I recommend applying

Senior Compliance Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Buckeye Partners.

Interview

Panel of 3 people; 1 being head of department, and 2 other Specialists. They started off the interview by giving a background of the company. They than began asking questions, boardroom style, and writing down responses on the interview questions packet.

Linux Administrative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Buckeye Partners in June 2014.

Interview

Interviewed in person, In the process of the interview they asked me questions I did not know, as I had told them I only had 4-5 years of experience. This company uses people. They lie to get you in only to use you to reduce their cost analysis by letting you go to keep their jobs. DO NOT WORK FOR THEM.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about mounting Linux VMWare drives?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Simple acceptance

Perm Employee From Contract Interview

Anonymous Employee in Corpus Christi, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Buckeye Partners (Corpus Christi, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

Very limited interaction with human resources. The management here is not organized. After I was a contrctor I soent a long time working with positive results and I expected to be hired on. Later I found people were working upwards of 9-10 years on contract with no benefits.

Interview Questions

• What I was offered at another position??   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiated with recruiter.