Buckeye Partners Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Buckeye Partners

2.9

Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corpus Christi, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Buckeye Partners (Corpus Christi, TX).

Interview

Applied online, was chosen for a in person interview, went in for a interview, it was a good interview followed by a online test. Overall good process. I learned a lot with the process of getting a job in the oil and gas industry. It was my first interview. And I'll know what to expect in the future.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Buckeye Partners in June 2014.

Interview

Interviewed in person, In the process of the interview they asked me questions I did not know, as I had told them I only had 4-5 years of experience. This company uses people. They lie to get you in only to use you to reduce their cost analysis by letting you go to keep their jobs. DO NOT WORK FOR THEM.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about mounting Linux VMWare drives?   2 Answers

Negotiation

Simple acceptance

Senior Compliance Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Buckeye Partners.

Interview

Panel of 3 people; 1 being head of department, and 2 other Specialists. They started off the interview by giving a background of the company. They than began asking questions, boardroom style, and writing down responses on the interview questions packet.

Interview Questions

• Explain your experience with auditing   1 Answer

Environmental Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Buckeye Partners in August 2018.

Interview

Applied online. Did an initial phone screen with HR; then did a phone interview with the hiring manager. Was brought in for two panel interviews with two persons at each panel: a technical interviewer and operations manager for one panel and the hiring manager and HR representative (different from phone screen) for second interview. Technical person played a game of "gotcha" whereas operations manager seemed to want to know my approach to interacting with different levels of organization. For second panel, hiring manager was very engaged and asked good questions, HR rep didn't look up from my resume. Looked like he wanted to be somewhere else. Only asked one question. You know right away if you're a fit.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe compliance using the BWON 2 megagram rule versus the 10 megagram rule?   1 Answer

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Buckeye Partners (Houston, TX).

Interview

Came into a local office for an informational interview that went well. Project management team is friendly and very smart. Went to onsite interview at terminal station and toured the facility/talked with local project engineering managers and answered basic questions about my interests, background, aptitudes, etc. Interview process is well organized if only a little bit long.

Interview Questions

• In a growing company hours can be long or irregular, is this something that you are willing to work with?   Answer Question

Corporate Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Breinigsville, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Buckeye Partners (Breinigsville, PA).

Interview

very well dressed, lots of technical questions, long process, face to face twice, 3 phone screens. interviewed by at least 5 different people. They came back with a low offer and I rejected it, they came back 2 more times until we agreed on an offer.

Quality Control Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mont Belvieu, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Buckeye Partners (Mont Belvieu, TX) in July 2014.

Interview

I met with the District manager (GREAT MAN). We discussed my past employment and skills. He asked me about certain pieces of equipment and techniques used in measurement and quality control. I answered what I knew and had experienced in the past.

IT PMO Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Buckeye Partners (Houston, TX).

Interview

Was asked to prepare 10-15 minute presentation about myself which was a bit obnoxious to be required to present on how well one can "sell themselves". I arrived to the interview and only 1 out of 4 interviewers was present. I found it a bit inconsiderate to ask someone to prepare a presentation then no one shows up to the interview. As a result, I found out that day that I would need to return to do another round of interviews. Poor management of time. Overall the interviewers were friendly and asked basic question...more conversational.

IT Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Allentown, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Buckeye Partners (Allentown, PA) in September 2017.

Interview

One phone screen, one in person interview with a panel. The interviews were not too strenuous. Some of the benefits when becoming fulltime were discussed and could hear when the interviewers started to sound like when I worked here in their question of when you worked other places.

Interview Questions

• how have you handled working with people that do not report to you?   1 Answer

Air Compliance Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corpus Christi, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Buckeye Partners (Corpus Christi, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

Was contacted by HR recruiter who described the position and the company's philosophy. I was then interviewed on site by the hiring manager and via telephone by a technical expert. Was told I would be returning to site to meet with operations. That last interview never happened. It was obvious the hiring manager never read my resume. Pleasant interview with all three contacts.

Interview Questions

• Have you worked in a refinery   1 Answer