Burke Williams Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 14, 2017

2.7

Massage TherapistMassa Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Burke Williams (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Very lavish spa. Everyone at the front desk was veey nice. After a brief phone interview, I met with the HR manager. I then met with the massage manager right away. After a quick 1:1 she wanyed a pratical interview. I gave a 50min massage. After i waited a couple days for contact.

Interview Questions

• How long have you been a therapist.   1 Answer

Front Desk Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Burke Williams.

Interview

I went in for a face to face interview. Met with three managers and.imediatly filled out paperwork for employment. Started the following week. Every other weekend off with at least one closing shift. You pay for your own uniform

Burke Williams Academy - Massage Therapy Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Inglewood, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Burke Williams (Inglewood, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied online for their student massage position. Received an email correspondence to set up a brief phone interview a few days later. After that, the interviewer set up an in-person interview 2 weeks later at their training facility in Inglewood. Interviewer was polite and welcoming, attendant in front was too. Received response the next day about status saying they offered position to someone else.

Guest Services Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Henderson, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Burke Williams (Henderson, NV) in September 2015.

Interview

Very friendly, did a typing test, questions based on customer service and values. They asked me to sell them on something I was passionate about, and how I would handle it if I were unhappy with the company.

Front Desk Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Burke Williams.

Interview

Went in for a group interview. They try to make the entire group feel welcomed and relaxed before the interview process. You wait and then get called upstairs individually. The interview was very mellow but serious. Some questions involved some thought though, which was probably why I wasn't hired. I took maybe 5 seconds of thought in to answer a few of them and the ladies face was a little too serious which made me uncomfortable looking at her which is probably another reason why i wasn't hired. Lol

Esthetician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Inglewood, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Burke Williams (Inglewood, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

The woman was twenty five minutes late for my interview, never apologized and failed to answer my questions. When I asked to specify and provide greater detail as to the required training she glossed over my questions and then went on to schedule me to come back to do a practical with one of her co-workers. She did not maintain eye contact and appeared to be distracted and not at all interested in learning anything about me. I wondered why in the world she would waste my time if she was so disinterested. Also, for what they charge clients I was surprised by how run down and dirty looking the training facility appeared.

Interview Questions

• Would I spend the next four months training five days a week for nine dollars and hour.   1 Answer

Massage Therapist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Burke Williams in January 2015.

Interview

Brought in for an interview at their area training facility, which was probably an hour drive from the spa I applied to. Interviewer was very welcoming and put me at ease, seemed to want me to succeed at the interview. She explained salary and training thoroughly as well as the interview process.

Next interview was at the spa with the Massage Manager. Got to tour the place then interviewed in a massage room. The Massage Manager asked me some typical questions, then we did a hands on. I appreciate that it was just 25 minutes- long enough to give her a feel, not a full hour to scam a free massage from me. She also addressed some specific questions of mine that the first interviewer, a hiring specialist, knew nothing about. The Massage Manager was much more down to earth than I expected from a fancy spa, and seems to care about her therapists.

Third interview was the same day with the spa manager. Spa managers are busy people, so I had to wait around, but they did apologize for that. It was super fast, and the questions were exactly what I would have expected based on first two interviews. This level of management focuses on what's good for the spa, the bottom line, and their needs. It's not unreasonable, but it was much less welcoming.

Interview Questions

• Are there any areas of the massage profession that you feel you need to work on or grow, or are not very good at?   Answer Question

Front Desk Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Hollywood, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Burke Williams (West Hollywood, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Called into an interview at their training center if you make it through that interview they will send you on to an interview with the GM of the facility where you are hoping to work. There will be extensive training at their training center in Inglewood if you're hired.

Interview Questions

• How you handle certain situations, such as angry guests, if you're a team player, if you know who they are and what they're looking for; nothing too outside the box.   1 Answer

Massage Therapist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Inglewood, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Burke Williams (Inglewood, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

Went to their training location in Inglewood ca. Met with the hiring manager Melody. She was very nice and professional. Had my second interview with Lydia at the location in Orange. She was not very professional. Decided to tell me her life's story and let me know she was once a drug addict. (Not something you should tell a potential employee)

Interview Questions

• What style of massage do you prefer? How did you hear about us?   Answer Question

Massage Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Burke Williams (Orange, CA).

Interview

I faxed the Staffing Coordinator my resume and a few days later I received a call from him offering me an interview. I downloaded and filled out the application at home before I went in for the interview. The interview at the spa went well and was invited back another day for a practical massage. The practical went well too and was offered a job immediately after the practical.

Negotiation

No negotiantion.