Button Interview Questions

Updated Mar 16, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 50 of over 50 interviews

Employee Referral9%
3.2
HardAverageEasy

Button

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Button

Interview

Positive interview experience, great communication, I liked the positive vibe of the company. Advice to applicants: read through other reviews, my experience was very similar to another applicants here on Glassdoor

Interview Questions
  • Can not disclose because it will be unfair for the company, read through other reviews, my experience was very similar
    Answer Question

Button

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Button in Jan 2021

Interview

The interview process wasn't too difficult. Please be aware to everyone that is applying for a position here that yesterday alone they let go of several staff members. It seems like these staff members were not given adequate warning to be able to secure new positions. Doesn't seem like this company is making a profit anymore which sucks, but I'm happy I found this out to save myself.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Button

Application

I interviewed at Button

Interview

HackerRank online test 120 min 1 question (algorithm) define function/algorithm to solve the red and black card gambling game. rules: randomly pick a card from a deck of 52, if the card is black. win $1, if the card is red lose $1

Interview Questions
  • output the current expected value of the cards you draw from the deck and whether or not you continue with this game (True or False)
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Button (New York, NY)

Interview

It sounds odd to say, but interviewing with Button was an absolute pleasure from start to finish. Their team has absolutely nailed the candidate experience and everyone involved demonstrated their welcoming and open culture. Not only were they accommodating, they really took the time to get to know and understand me which allowed me to really trust their process. If I had to point out any minor flaws in the process it would be to consistently make sure that ALL people interviewing act as though they are interested in the candidate and follow the Button culture that everyone else carried with them through the process.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Button (New York, NY) in Feb 2020

Interview

Applied online through LinkedIn and soon after received this email: "Thank you so much for your interest in the Summer 2020 Internship: Software Engineer - Experience Team position at Button in NYC! As a first step, we'd like you to complete a short coding assignment. You will receive an email from our partnering tool, HackerRank, to complete the assignment. You will need to register for a HackerRank profile, but you do not need to complete your newly created profile and should not receive any additional messages from them.

Interview Questions
  • A variation of the meeting scheduling problem. Had to write a program to find the maximum number of meetings that could be scheduled.

Button

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Button

Interview

Interview process was great and easy to schedule. First, had a phone screen with Brian who was my main recruiter contact and was an amazing point of contact throughout everything. Then a call with the hiring manger. After that, 3x 45 minute 1on1 interviews with various members of the revenue team. Everyone I spoke to were professional, super knowledgable, and passionate about their roles and outlook of Button. The next step was a final interview with revenue leaders and 2 presentations. I didn't end up going forward with the final round but definitely would in the future!

Interview Questions
  • Describe to me what Button does and how you would explain it to a friend.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Button (New York, NY)

Interview

The process consisted of a first round phone interview with a recruiter, a follow-up phone interview with a team member, an on-site interview with 4 team members, an on-site mock presentation and a final phone interview with an exec. My recruiter, Brian, was incredibly helpful and communicative throughout the process, and was quick to respond or jump on the phone for any questions that I had.

Interview Questions
  • What's the difference between someone who is great in this role v. someone who is outstanding?

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Button (New York, NY) in Oct 2019

Interview

I started with a phone call with a recruiter to gauge interest. Then I had coffee with the VP of Engineering (my prospective manager). The next week, I had a 1-1 conversation on-site with the CTO. The next week, I was brought on-site for four interview sessions with each of the following in a 1-1 conversation: VP of Engineering, CTO, Engineering Director, and CPO (Product). The offer was presented in person by the recruiter. I then immediately met with the CTO and VP of Engineering. I had a follow-up conversation with the head of HR/People and a Q&A session with the CEO.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Button

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Button in Oct 2019

Interview

The interview process with Button was an extremely positive experience. It was efficient; the entire process took around 3 weeks from first phone call to offer. The team was very friendly and really took their time to get to know me and vice versa. My recruiter, Brian, was outstanding. He gave me great insight on each step of the process and it made me much more confident along the way. I first had a recruiter screening, then a phone interview with someone on the team, followed by a case-study and in-person interview. The case study was challenging but showed me what kind of work the team does and gave me a chance to get creative. All in all, probably the best interview process I've ever been a part of. The Button team does a great job and is full of awesome people!

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Button (New York, NY) in Sep 2019

Interview

I had 1 phone interview with an internal recruiter, 1 phone call with the hiring manager and then came into the office to meet with 5 people across the company.

Interview Questions
  • Why Button? Why this role? Overall asking about background and experience, experience with tech and product, and scenario questions regarding client strategy and how to manage when behind schedule for a launch.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 50 Interviews