Button Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Button Interview Questions

Interviews at Button

3.2

Data Science Interview

Interview

HackerRank online test 120 min 1 question (algorithm) define function/algorithm to solve the red and black card gambling game. rules: randomly pick a card from a deck of 52, if the card is black. win $1, if the card is red lose $1

Interview Questions

• output the current expected value of the cards you draw from the deck and whether or not you continue with this game (True or False)   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Button (New York, NY) in February 2020.

Interview

Applied online through LinkedIn and soon after received this email: "Thank you so much for your interest in the Summer 2020 Internship: Software Engineer - Experience Team position at Button in NYC! As a first step, we'd like you to complete a short coding assignment.

You will receive an email from our partnering tool, HackerRank, to complete the assignment. You will need to register for a HackerRank profile, but you do not need to complete your newly created profile and should not receive any additional messages from them.

Interview Questions

• A variation of the meeting scheduling problem. Had to write a program to find the maximum number of meetings that could be scheduled.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Button (New York, NY).

Interview

It sounds odd to say, but interviewing with Button was an absolute pleasure from start to finish. Their team has absolutely nailed the candidate experience and everyone involved demonstrated their welcoming and open culture. Not only were they accommodating, they really took the time to get to know and understand me which allowed me to really trust their process. If I had to point out any minor flaws in the process it would be to consistently make sure that ALL people interviewing act as though they are interested in the candidate and follow the Button culture that everyone else carried with them through the process.

Enterprise Sales Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Button.

Interview

Interview process was great and easy to schedule. First, had a phone screen with Brian who was my main recruiter contact and was an amazing point of contact throughout everything. Then a call with the hiring manger. After that, 3x 45 minute 1on1 interviews with various members of the revenue team. Everyone I spoke to were professional, super knowledgable, and passionate about their roles and outlook of Button. The next step was a final interview with revenue leaders and 2 presentations. I didn't end up going forward with the final round but definitely would in the future!

Interview Questions

• Describe to me what Button does and how you would explain it to a friend.   Answer Question

Brand Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Button (New York, NY).

Interview

The process consisted of a first round phone interview with a recruiter, a follow-up phone interview with a team member, an on-site interview with 4 team members, an on-site mock presentation and a final phone interview with an exec. My recruiter, Brian, was incredibly helpful and communicative throughout the process, and was quick to respond or jump on the phone for any questions that I had.

Interview Questions

• What's the difference between someone who is great in this role v. someone who is outstanding?   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Button (New York, NY) in November 2019.

Interview

Applied online, got an email request to have a phone screen, interviewed with the VP via phone, assigned a very insightful and fun take home assessment, invited onsite to meet the team and other members of leadership, and had offer in hand a week later. All in all the whole process took 3 weeks. Can honestly say it was one of the most pleasant interview experiences I've ever had and made me that much more excited to accept the offer.

Interview Questions

• General questions about process, experience, problem solving, engagement etc...   Answer Question

Engineering Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Button (New York, NY) in October 2019.

Interview

I started with a phone call with a recruiter to gauge interest. Then I had coffee with the VP of Engineering (my prospective manager). The next week, I had a 1-1 conversation on-site with the CTO. The next week, I was brought on-site for four interview sessions with each of the following in a 1-1 conversation: VP of Engineering, CTO, Engineering Director, and CPO (Product).

The offer was presented in person by the recruiter. I then immediately met with the CTO and VP of Engineering. I had a follow-up conversation with the head of HR/People and a Q&A session with the CEO.

Partner Success Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Button in October 2019.

Interview

The interview process with Button was an extremely positive experience. It was efficient; the entire process took around 3 weeks from first phone call to offer. The team was very friendly and really took their time to get to know me and vice versa. My recruiter, Brian, was outstanding. He gave me great insight on each step of the process and it made me much more confident along the way.

I first had a recruiter screening, then a phone interview with someone on the team, followed by a case-study and in-person interview. The case study was challenging but showed me what kind of work the team does and gave me a chance to get creative.

All in all, probably the best interview process I've ever been a part of. The Button team does a great job and is full of awesome people!

Publisher Success Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Button (New York, NY) in September 2019.

Interview

I had 1 phone interview with an internal recruiter, 1 phone call with the hiring manager and then came into the office to meet with 5 people across the company.

Interview Questions

• Why Button? Why this role? Overall asking about background and experience, experience with tech and product, and scenario questions regarding client strategy and how to manage when behind schedule for a launch.   Answer Question

Customer Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Button (New York, NY) in August 2019.

Interview

The overall interview process took five weeks and included four phone interviews, a case study, and final onsite interview.
    - Phone Interviews: I spoke with the recruiter, hiring manager, a potential teammate, and had a final conversation with a member of the executive team.
    - Case Study: The take home assignment took a few hours to complete, but was a great way to learn more about the company’s product offering and potential scenarios or problem-solving required for this role.
    - Onsite Interview: I met with five people who I would work with in this role. Meeting the team in person really highlighted Button’s fantastic company culture; the interviewers were knowledgeable, friendly, and asked good questions while maintaining a more conversational approach throughout the interview.

Additionally, I had a very positive recruiting experience with Button. My recruiter Brian was very communicative, responsive, and maintained momentum throughout the interview process. As a result, I consistently felt excitement about the company and role. Brian was particularly a great resource prior to my onsite; he provided interview tips and suggested topics that may come up, which helped me prepare accordingly.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself and your background.
      Why are you interested in working at Button?   Answer Question

Button Response

Sep 5, 2019 – People Operations

This makes us so happy to hear! We work hard to ensure our that our candidates feel supported and consistently heard. Welcome to the Button team!