Byer California Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Byer California Interview Questions

Interviews at Byer California

Associate Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Byer California (San Francisco, CA) in May 2010.

Interview

Met with 6 or 8 people - honestly I lost count, but it was WAY more than needed for the position I was hired for.

Negotiation

Run away

CAD Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Byer California (San Francisco, CA) in October 2009.

Interview

The interview was a discussion about skills and the demands of the job. We discussed some of my previous employers. I talked with the manager and the HR rep. The Director of Operations explained the highlights of the company and asked a few questions but doesn't seem to know what the department does or the skills they need.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was told that after 3 months I would be given a review and I would get a bump which would bring me to my negotiated salary. GET THAT IN WRITING!! They gave me a much lower increase than they had alluded to.

3. Create your profile to get personalized information

Systems Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Byer California (San Francisco, CA) in November 2010.

Interview

The interview process is more about how well you get along with the current staff, not your knowledge or skill level. Byer excels at training, experience and building knowledge in all it's employees, that's a given. It's more about, "can I accept you into my family?" Byer is one big family. We're all brothers and sisters, mother and fathers. To that effect, we love to accept people that "have their flaws in the corporate world." It may be a business, but we're all family first. We go out to gatherings as friends and family. If you're an introvert, you'll have a tough time, but all departments are eager to accept the new person into their lunch group. In the rare occasion the opportunity doesn't present itself, come to MIS. You don't know how to find MIS? Ask, most can direct you. Our door is always open. MIS is the hub for the whole company. It really gives you a chance to branch out an meet, nee interact with new people.

Byer has been built on the idea that a family works best. We have our friction, but we all work past difficulties. In the 3 years I've been there, I've noticed the ones that stick around have this mentality, the ones that don't are the ones that never connect with their coworkers. Never come to consider us family.

Production Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Byer California (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I was contacted the day after I applied. The job listing was so brief and unprofessional I wasn't sure what I was walking into. The person asked if I wanted to come in and that they would call me back in a few days- they didn't. After leaving multiple messages I finally got a call back and a time.

The Interview seemed to go on forever! All in all I was interviewed by 5 people separately some coming more than once. One of the people even said ... ,' Sorry I'm not sure why I'm even in here? Or what I should ask'.

2 out of the 5 people actively tried to put me off the job telling me it wasn't glamorous, they didn't pay well and that this was not a place for people who were , 'serious about fashion'.

The other 3 people however were very nice and easy to talk to.

I got hired whilst I was there. Over all the interview was 2 hours and frankly a bit strange!

Interview Questions

• Didn't ask much - more just telling what I would be doing.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Too easy , I must have gone in too low.

Product Development Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Byer California (San Francisco, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

I actually liked that the interview was long with many people coming in to ask questions. I would rather get it done in one day than have to spend time and hours commuting into the city to have 20 minute conversations

Interview Questions

• Do you have costing experience?   1 Answer

Photo Studio Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Byer California (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Got a call from HR to schedule interview. He welcomed me and then I met with who would be my direct supervisor, and then three other VPs of the company one after another including the son of the owner. I only came in this one time for the interview. I know others have come in twice.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions. Strengths, weaknesses, programs you know how to use (Excel, Word, Photoshop, Illustrator)   Answer Question