C2 Education Interview Questions | Glassdoor

C2 Education Interview Questions

Updated Nov 21, 2016

2.1

Part Time Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at C2 Education.

Interview

I was contacted soon after I applied online, and scheduled an interview for a few days later. After a brief interview asking how much experience I had and what had led me to the job, I was invited to take a diagnostic SAT test. After I took the test, I was offered a position.

Tutor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at C2 Education in November 2016.

Interview

I was contacted very shortly after submitting my application. The person told me that the center was desperate for tutors and that I should come in for an interview and take the SAT Math Subject Test (didn't specify level one or two). That was okay I guess, so I asked for two weeks so that I could have time to prepare for the test outside of my current schedule (I had never actually taken the test before). They said, "No, we need you to come in next Monday." And so I was like, "Ummm OK."

I really should have rejected their offer then and there. It really wasn't fair for them to waste my gas money to come take a test I could barely prepare for, giving me essentially zero time to get a test prep book and do practice tests. Alas, it didn't matter. I reviewed the concepts on my only day to study, absolutely slaughtered the practice tests (scoring constant 800's) and was feeling very confident. I came in to take the test and to my surprise their test was 100% COMPLETELY DIFFERENT. 10× more difficult 90% geometry-based ridiculously long questions and problems... I wondered if it was even possible to score in their so-called "95th-percentile" without sheer luck.

These guys are pulling fast ones on their interviewees and they wonder why they need tutors?????????? Absolutely RIDICULOUS!!!!

They also had me take the no-calculator section of the SAT, which again they never told me I would be taking when they called me. Another 30 minutes of my time was wasted on some stupid test that did not AT ALL reflect an actual SAT math test. Assuming that they were scaling these as they do the actual SAT tests, their made-up 100%-different practice tests did not give me any reasonable hope to attaining their desired 95th-percentile scores.

After a stressful, frustrating and irritating hour and a half, they gave me an actual interview. And may I add, what fantastic timing on their part! SERIOUSLY...???? I was so mad; I was completely and 100% bamboozled by this company.

Center Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at C2 Education.

Interview

The application process is fairly easy. You apply online and someone from HR will contact you to set up an interview with the district manager and regional director you will be working for. All interviews were done through the phone.

Basic background check is involved. It seems they check your education and criminal background check.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at C2 Education.

Interview

great interview, was asked the usual about my previous experience. they didnt have me wait there long, and I was called the same day with a job offer. I start training soon. director gave a nice speech on the balance of the business and education aspect of the center

Interview Questions

• to describe a previous situation with a difficult customer   Answer Question

Assistant Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glen Ellyn, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at C2 Education (Glen Ellyn, IL).

Interview

I had originally applied to be a tutor at one center, but things didn't work out. After about two weeks, I was contacted about my application and if I was interested in interviewing for a Part Time - Assistant Director at another center nearby.

I met with the Director during an off-peak time for about an hour. It was a pleasant interview, the Director was nice in answering my questions and showing me around. Typical questions: "Why C2 Education?", "What would you do if..?"

Everything went well, but the Director later called and informed me that my availability was an issue and that my application would be kept in case another opportunity came along.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you were sitting at the front desk and you had the phone ring when a person came through the door and one of the teachers was asking you for some information?   Answer Question

Assistant Center Director Interview

Interview

I was contacted by C2 Education through my indeed page and was interviewed within the week. The center in Brentwood is small and clean. Everyone of the staff was super polite and friendly. The interview was very basic and relaxed. It was a one on one with the Center director who asked about sales experience, customer service experience, if you want to work full or part time, information on the company and such. Overall a great experience though I did not get called back.

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at C2 Education (Rockville, MD) in August 2016.

Interview

Pretty easy interview, basically just go through the resume and ask simple questions. The whole process only took about 15 minutes. Just make sure you are prepared to ask some questions at the end of the interview. They offered an hourly salary between $12 to $15 depends on your experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
      Do you have past experience working in a similar setting?
      How do you handle a challenge?
      Answer Question

Center Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at C2 Education (Seattle, WA) in July 2016.

Interview

I was emailed for an interview, never called. I was told to bring a resume. I arrived 5 minutes early. The woman told me I was early and to sit down.
    When I was called in, the interviewer was completely unprepared. She had no idea what I was interviewing for, she did not have interview questions ready, and proceeded to fumble through her computer to "find the questions"- she never found them. She asked me why I wanted the job and then came up with about eight reasons why she doesn't hire directors right away, and about four excuses for the director position being open when there is no opening. She then suggested I "try out" the assistant director position that pays 15.00 an hour for awhile- (a far cry from the Director salary).
    The process was disappointing and the interviewer insulting.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this job.
      What experience do you have with running a center (profit/loss)
      How do you overcome objections about price
      1 Answer

SAT Tutor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at C2 Education.

Interview

I was early but hiring manager late by 30 minutes without giving notice. THEN comes in without even looking at me, goes into the main office and shuffles around papers for 15 minutes (I saw the manager do this because the doors have glass panels). Calls me in, didn't read my resume closely. Has me take practice SAT which--btw--was the 2003 version! Told hiring team it looked old and doesn't reflect the new test but they just said, "Oh, that's how we do things." Come to find out, hiring team told some one I knew from there that they made a mistake and was trying to cover their own tails. From then on, I realized this reflects who they are, so I'd be better off not working there.

Interview Questions

• How much are you willing to work during the school year and summer?   1 Answer

Assistant Center Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Peachtree City, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at C2 Education (Peachtree City, GA) in May 2016.

Interview

I put in an application online and received an email from the district manager about scheduling an in person interview a few weeks later. It was a fairly standard interview; they asked about my previous employment history as well as what I knew about C2 Education. They seemed very accommodating when I mentioned I have an out of state wedding coming up that requires me to be out of town for 5 days. They also seemed to appreciate that I asked questions at the end. The interview was very straight forward; the training period, expectations, and salary were very clearly outline and the possibility for advancement was also presented.

Interview Questions

• What about the job description attracted you to the position?   Answer Question