CAMH Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 20, 2017

3.1

Research Analyst I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at CAMH (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview consisted of two people- the HR recruiter and the Senior project manager. Overall, the questions were easily answerable on the spot. As long as you comb over the job duties, and link your relevant experience to each component of the job duties, you should be able to answer their questions. It was a little bit more difficult for me, because the demographic that I conducted research on was different that what I would have been doing at CAMH. Additionally, I did not have experience with clinical/psychiatric disorders, something which was critically important for the job.

Interview Questions

• How would you respond to a research participant if they were going through a crisis while you were on the phone with them...   Answer Question

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CAMH (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

It was a bit intimidating with the panel but once it got started I was more comfortable. They write down everything you are saying so its hard to make eye contact. Questions were multi part and I kept having to ask them to repeat things. They did provide paper to write things down so that was helpful.

Interview Questions

• What does diversity mean to you and why is it important to you?   Answer Question

Information Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CAMH (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process was impersonal, asking questions and writing them down while making limited eye contact and not asking personal questions. They also changed the position from casual to full-time and told me at the interview. I emailed the interviewer to thank her for her time and requested feedback from how the interview went and received no response.

Interview Questions

• What are some of the ways in the past that you have gotten into conflict with your coworkers and worked through the solution? What did you learn from this?   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CAMH (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in December 2016.

Interview

I sat down with the manager and doctor who oversaw the research for a sit down interview. We went over the experiences on my resume in detail, followed by around the typical 10-12 behavioural questions. I heard back a month later with them asking for a reference check. Within a week, an offer was extended to me.

Interview Questions

• When was a time that something did not go your way and how did you deal with it? What would you do differently?   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CAMH.

Interview

The interview process was okay. I was interviewed by a doctor and a manager, and they asked me standard behavioural questions. However, they could've been friendlier (they were a bit rigid and too serious).

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at CAMH (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in November 2016.

Interview

It takes one week from submitting the application to getting the interview invitation. The interview is conducted by the research coordinator, who is easy to talk and nice. Got the job offer in the next week.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experiences like making phone screening or participant recruitment?   Answer Question
    • Can you tell me about your courses that is relevant to this job?   Answer Question

Physician Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CAMH (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Got an email to come in the following week. Wanted me to fill out the form I filled out online again in person. Made me wait 30 minutes before they called me in. Then told me they actually need a front desk person with very low pay and I might get to the Physicians Assistant position in 6 months. Very unprofessional throughout the whole process and the posting was false advertisement.

Study Interviewer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CAMH (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied online through university portal and received a telephone interview after two weeks of applying, straight up questions about how my previous experiences fit in with the job, why I want to work for CAMH.

Overall easy interview with no tricky questions, as position was mostly phone calls, the interviewer wanted to make sure I can hold a conversation on the phone.

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CAMH (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in July 2016.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted by HR about 2 weeks later and scheduled an interview. It was 3-person panel interview. The interview itself was highly structured and all took turns asking questions. Lots of behavioral questions. They were quite friendly and pleasant throughout. The interview lasted about 40 minutes long, but 60 minutes are allocated.

PSSP Interview

Interview

Phone call to set up interview in person 6 months after application
    Panel interview with two people, didn't seem like they were paying much attention
    Did not offer water
    Did not email to say you didn't get position

Interview Questions

• Behavioral and case based situational questions mostly
      Very long sometimes they look for buzz words sometimes they are not you can never know
      Answer Question