CAMH Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

CAMH Interview Questions

Updated Jan 9, 2018

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at CAMH (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in December 2017.

Interview

I applied online. The interview consisted of 2 people (not including principal investigator) who asked behavioral and situational questions and questions regarding prior experience with research. They explained the research being conducted and my role as a research analyst. They were happy to answer any questions.

Interview Questions

• If a patient had a crisis on the phone, how would you deal with it?   Answer Question
    • Multitasking abilities, how would you handle/prioritize multiple tasks.   Answer Question
    • Previous research experience? SPSS or other research software experience?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CAMH (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Two weeks after posting closed I received a call from HR admin person inviting me for an interview in a few days. She had said she would email me all related details on the location of the interview and who will be on the interview panel but a day before the interview I had still not heard from her. I had to inquire with HR myself to get the necessary information. The interview consisted of 4 interviewers asking multi-part questions with seemingly little relevance to the job description. Was told at the end of the interview that should hear back either way within a week. A thank you email sent to all interviewers the day after went unanswered. After 2 weeks I emailed the hiring manager and someone else on the interview panel to see if a decision has been made and again no answer. Needless to say, I was very disappointed with the lack of respect and organization throughout the whole process.

Human Resources Receptionist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CAMH.

Interview

Applied online and received the interview in 2 weeks. It was a panel interview, with two interviewers, asking several behavioural questions. At the beginning of the interview, they will simply introduce the company and the job position. During the interview, they would keep writing notes so there would not have more eye contact.

Interview Questions

• structured behaviour questions
      some questions are relevant to customer service area.   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at CAMH.

Interview

Got a phone call after 3 months of applying online. I was Interviewed at CAMH by an HR person and the research project manager. They asked about 10 behavioral questions, the process felt very dry and mechanical. The interview started 15 mins later than the scheduled time. They said if I am selected, there will be a second interview. Overall my experience was neutral. They were not really interested in explaining the details of the job.

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CAMH.

Interview

Structured interview of about 20 questions, mix of skill related, behavioural and situational style questions. The interview felt relaxed and quite conversational. I got on really well with the interviewers.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CAMH (London, ON (Canada)).

Interview

phone interview - really quick and easy conversational interview
    it was a two person conference call styled interview. generic interview questions. ask alot of questions about things done on my resume

Interview Questions

• i can't remember but it was really easy - and resume focused
      know your resume inside out   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CAMH (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

very accommodating team, not pushy, felt at home. respect for diversity. There was a panel that had a structured format of questions. Each took turns to ask and you were given enough time to explain

Interview Questions

• Mostly scenario and behavioral questions   1 Answer

Research Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CAMH (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2017.

Interview

Standard two-phase interview, one with the team and one with HR. No surprises or curve ball questions, which were a mix of standardized questions and personalized based on my resume. Team was very cordial and friendly, as was the HR rep. Scheduling was quick and so were responses. I received an offer however declined because of the low salary, which was not negotiable. This part was surprising: I had been clear from the start (in my online application and first interview) about my salary expectations and what they offered was well below them. I wondered how I had made it through the initial application screening because of this! The job was appealing but the salary was just too low.

Research Analyst I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at CAMH (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview consisted of two people- the HR recruiter and the Senior project manager. Overall, the questions were easily answerable on the spot. As long as you comb over the job duties, and link your relevant experience to each component of the job duties, you should be able to answer their questions. It was a little bit more difficult for me, because the demographic that I conducted research on was different that what I would have been doing at CAMH. Additionally, I did not have experience with clinical/psychiatric disorders, something which was critically important for the job.

Interview Questions

• How would you respond to a research participant if they were going through a crisis while you were on the phone with them...   Answer Question

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CAMH (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

It was a bit intimidating with the panel but once it got started I was more comfortable. They write down everything you are saying so its hard to make eye contact. Questions were multi part and I kept having to ask them to repeat things. They did provide paper to write things down so that was helpful.

Interview Questions

• What does diversity mean to you and why is it important to you?   Answer Question