CAMP Systems Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at CAMP Systems

2.7

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Merrimack, NH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at CAMP Systems (Merrimack, NH) in October 2015.

Interview

There was an initial technical phone screen, then an in-person interview: half technical, half non-technical. The interviews seem to be very technical, and they are designed to determine your level of knowledge. I was applying at a junior level, so it was not a big deal if I didn't know the answer. They continue to ask more and more questions until you get stumped.

Interview Questions

• What was Microsoft attempting to solve when they added the generics in .Net 2?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CAMP Systems (Manchester, NH) in February 2016.

Interview

Initial phone screening and then an in-person interview of technical questions. They asked open ended questions to evaluate thought process and means of refactoring and performance enhancements. The phone screening process was fast and painless, as was the in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• Basic algorithms and foundational skills.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashua, NH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at CAMP Systems (Nashua, NH) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process went so fast. One of the recruiter contacted me. They gave me a coding exercise of JavaScript and c#. Where they majorly focused on JavaScript. The task was not much difficult, it was not too easy it was moderate. Later, after the coding exercise there was a phone screening, 2 people interviewed me for an hour on .Net, JavaScript and SQL.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ronkonkoma, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at CAMP Systems (Ronkonkoma, NY).

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter. The first round was a phone interview followed by an on-site interview. The interview went well however they never got back to me on the results. I kept following up with them for more than a month and every time they had the same answer - they need some time and are deciding. The HR and management should understand the importance of an individual's time and effort as well since both the sides time is precious

Interview Questions

CAMP Systems Response

Jan 10, 2018 – HR Recruiter

Hello there, I am not clear as to whom you spoke with and whom you met with. Typically our interview process is fairly quick.

Also you mentioned that you followed up, I am not sure whom with ,as... More

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CAMP Systems (New York, NY).

Interview

Very unprofessional process. The analysts couldn't find the VP for the interview, kept laughing, were just throwing questions so it felt very awkward just answering questions.
    Even though I left the interview not excited to work there at all, I still sent a very long and well thought thank you email for each and received no reply. Contacted HR 3 times, to finally get an answer that they would be interviewing other candidates. Very inconsiderate, unprofessional and awkward. The role is open because one of the analysts is leaving the company, I wonder why...

Interview Questions

• questions about Excel skills, coursework, projects. Basically asking a question for each bullet point on the job description to find out if you can do the job.   Answer Question

Feb 5, 2019 – HR Recruiter

Good day to you. Thank you for your feedback and insight to the interviewing process. I would be happy to discuss with you more about your experience if anything to see how we can improve our... More

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CAMP Systems (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied through a recruiter. There was a initial technical telephone screening. Next in person interview panel style with 3 people in a room for 2 hrs. I did numerous white board exercises. The three persons interviewing were managers who varied in their technical background.

Interview Questions

• Numerous white board exercises on coding: C#, SQL (various join types), data structure questions (hash table, sorting, searching), Javascript coding exercises.   Answer Question
    • Some behavior questions like 'what 5 work qualities would a past manager say you had?'   Answer Question
    • Some behavior questions like 'Why do you want this job?'   Answer Question
    • During technical phone screen was asked various basic C#, javascript, SQL questions. Note they use an unpopular javascript library that you are not required to know for interview. This is mentioned in the job description.   Answer Question

Jan 25, 2017 – HR Recruiter

Hello There,
    Thank you for taking the time to leave some feedback about your experience.
    I notice that you considered the interview experience to be negative.
    For our future improvement, how... More

Accounting Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CAMP Systems in January 2016.

Interview

Interview is pretty standard. But as previously stated they are extremely inconsiderate when it comes to letting you know what's happening with their search. I was asked to come back for a third interview and was told that I would get an answered within a week. I never got an answer,. I even email to confirm that they got my thank you letter and if they have filled the position but no response. Very unprofessional!

Junior .NET Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Merrimack, NH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CAMP Systems (Merrimack, NH) in June 2015.

Interview

Great experience, asked valuable questions. Didn't feel put in the corner at all when testing me of my development skills. Wasn't over if I got one wrong. First there was a phone screen then there was an in person after that I had gotten the job. It was a very rewarding experience to say the least.

Interview Questions

• How would debug JavaScript page?   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CAMP Systems (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Interview process was in a Professional way. They asked me to explain briefly about my previous projects and questioned me to test my skills mentioned in resume and then allowed me to ask them any question if I got.

Software Developer Interview

Interview

This place reeks so bad of rampant stupidity I’d avoid at all costs.

There’s a pattern with this place: external recruiter pitches job. Resume gets sent to CAMP. Nothing happens and recruiter never hears back. 3-4 weeks later CAMP contacts you directly, never having followed up with the external recruiter.

This has been going on for years and I now tell anyone (including their internal recruiting idiot, who seems so stupid he can barely sustain life) I’m not even interested in considering a position here - and I live across town.

Interview Questions

CAMP Systems Response

Jan 29, 2018 – HR Recruiter

Hello Anonymous Candidate.
    I am not entirely sure I am following what you have laid out here. I am however extremely sorry if you felt the process was not to your liking.

I first would like to... More