CAMP Systems Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.8
Ken Gray

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Even the work-life balance is great (in 5 reviews)

• Good company to work for friendly people (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • It is often reiterated that upper management just cares about numbers and not the people (in 8 reviews)

• COMPLETELY detached senior management, NO LEADERSHIP (in 5 reviews)

1. "Fantastic Sourthern NH tech company"

I have been working at CAMP Systems full-time

Pros

Tons of opportunities for growth

Cons

With growth, there is much to do.

Aug 11, 2017 – HR Recruiter

Thanks for the kind words! We are pleased with the increased amount of internal growth, and availability for employees to apply and interview for other internal positions!

2. "not bad not bad at all"

Current Employee - Middle Manager
    Current Employee - Middle Manager

I have been working at CAMP Systems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working towards improving employee experience. Activity room with games, pong table, darts. Bagel breakfasts, company picnics, etc. Also noticing more internal promotion and interviewing for career growth.

Casual dress, calm environment, not so much management breathing down your neck

Cons

Executives hold on too tightly to decision making
    lack of flexibility for employees.

Advice to Management

All companies need to improve, CAMP can benefit from delegating more control to their middle managers, and working more closely with teams to provide more of flexibility in regards to break time, work hours, and working from home ability.

3. "Not the best place I've worked. Deadend"

Former Employee - Operations
    Former Employee - Operations

I worked at CAMP Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Benefits are fantastic, bagel Fridays, friendly people. Strong lower level management. Some really intelligent people to work with. Nice accommodations made so you can do your job efficiently.

Cons

There is no structure in this company. It is often reiterated that upper management just cares about numbers and not the people. Some parts of the company are undermanned and the people in it are ridiculously overworked picking up the slack. The programs you use are so complicated it will take years just to get down the basics.

Advice to Management

Focus on the big picture. Take into consideration how hard some of your employees work.

"Run away and don't look back"

I worked at CAMP Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are some really nice and hard working employees who starve to bring the change in the company.

CEO seems to be a great guy but need some grip on the company before it slips off.

Cons

- CTO has no clue on what he is trying to bring on the table. He is just fooling everyone by so called "PROCESS". He alone caused huge loss of talent in recent years and now company is hiring interns because he can't retain good talent. Unfortunately, camp itself doesn't care about the good employees, instead they are busy focusing on few toxic people, who are polluting the atmosphere.

- WFH Policy is a joke. Actually, there is no such thing as Work from Home in Camp but there are "Selective" people who hardly shows up in the office twice a week and no one take action against them because they are "SELECTIVE".

- You can't expect to have work life balance here. Management (which is just one person in camp) wants you to work for 10 hours a day + once a week release which goes for 5 hours. Lol...I am damn serious about it.

Advice to Management

Listen to the employees and their problems before they decide to leave and think about the issues which people mention while leaving. Otherwise, you will keep on loosing good talent and all the CAMP process and policies will become just a joke.

Jul 26, 2017 – HR Recruiter

Thank you for your well thought out comments. I apologize it took me longer to get back to you. I hear a lot of what you are saying, and would love to hear more. I know CAMP does not have a WFH... More

"Look Elsewhere!"

I have been working at CAMP Systems full-time

Pros

good, hardworking employees, with years of experience in the industry.

Cons

disinterested senior management, crappy pay, team leads who don't have any concept of what it means to LEAD. In NY office, air conditioning still doesn't work, going on three years.

Advice to Management

If you are looking for a way to send customers and clients alike to your competitors, KEEP DOING WHAT YOU ARE DOING NOW.

Jul 26, 2017 – HR Recruiter

I appreciate your positive comments regarding the tremendous staff we have here at CAMP, we do have hardworking and experienced people working here.

The A/C has been replaced with a brand new... More

"Operations"

Current Employee - Operations in Ronkonkoma, NY
    Current Employee - Operations in Ronkonkoma, NY

I have been working at CAMP Systems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The rank and file employees are lovely to work with and the bloodline of the company.
    Occasional company events are a nice way to socialize with fellow employees

Cons

Upper management personnel are sequestered in another state and have no idea of what challenges the employees face. Nor do they care.
    Upper management all hang out together with little interaction with employees.
    The software is antiquated and requires a complete re-write.
    Aircraft Analysts have a tremendous workload with little relief in sight.

Advice to Management

Get upper management to be ENGAGED with their employees in an effort to understand their daily challenges.
    Upper management needs to understand that the employees are the greatest asset of an emerging company.

"Work here if you want to be underappreciated for your skills and enjoy being used"

Former Employee - Technical Support Engineer and Product Manager in Ronkonkoma, NY

I worked at CAMP Systems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Some people at the CAMP Systems (NY and NH office) are incredibly nice and great people, some of which I will have long-lasting friendships outside of the company and I am blessed for that.
    - It's a business casual environment so sometimes such as Summer, they allow their employees to dress just casual, which I found nice to have.
    - Breakfast Fridays (Bagels), people would bring in desserts or homemade foods to the office to share among their colleagues.
    - Some upper managers like Operation Managers, Office Managers (She has been a great friend), the receptionist, and the development managers in the NY office were the best type of people I have ever met.
    - The learning curve is pretty flexible for on-boarding new employees and lots of training material to get you up to speed.

Cons

Some people in the NH office are manipulative and power hungry. I have worked as a tech support engineer and showed courage to take on the product manager role and they advised that I will be taking over but when the time came to hand me the title, they said "you're not good enough for the role so we're not going to give this position to you". They can try to deny it but I have it recorded for my own records.

One of the most common dislikes I have about this company is their role to play favorites and neglecting everyone else on the team. They will help someone they like on their team to succeed but not give a care in the world for the others in the group. People will talk behind your back. For example, one of the nicest people in the company in the customer support group, I have always been nice to and I enjoy making people laugh with sarcasm they can take and my humor but when you have your back turned, that person can also talk so badly behind your back that made you look like a villain.

If you can offer more skills than your position entails, the company will use your skills and never recognize your accomplishments or reward you; you will just be used to fill their satisfaction. There is no encouragement or motivation to move up in the company; they want you to stay where you are and not grow.

Advice to Management

Be more appreciative of your direct reports, show recognition more openly, favoritism out the door, motivate your employees to be better but also provide them ways to move up in the company.

Jan 3, 2017 – HR Recruiter

Good Day to you, I am terribly sorry to hear that you have had such an experience. I wish that we would have had the opportunity to discuss. Please feel free to send me a personal email... More

"Walk Away and Don't Look Back"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Merrimack, NH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Merrimack, NH

I worked at CAMP Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The employees, especially the aircraft maintenance analysts and their managers in the Wichita/Montreal/NY offices. They are overworked and underpaid for the amount of responsibility that they carry, and yet they are friendly and a pleasure to work with.

Cons

Upper management (president/VPs/chiefs) in the New Hampshire office, HQ, is the main problem in this company. They have been doing the same thing for decades and have not kept up with the times. This is supposed to be a software/IT company (SaaS), but yet they treat it as a paper-based company from the 90's. Innovative thinking is not encouraged as I have witnessed new people been hired, full of fresh ideas, only to be let go because they didn't fit the "culture". The NH office is heavy on office politics and favoritism. You need to be friends with the right people and follow upper management like sheep to get ahead.

Work-life balance is almost nonexistent at the NH office, especially if you are a developer. If you have small children, this is not a place for you. Even though you are a salaried employee, they treat you as hourly. Work from home was allowed for the first time for a couple of weeks, to only been taken away because upper management didn't personally agree with the idea of people working remote. Their lack of trust in their employees is very present, as they need to literally see that you are physically in the office. Since it's a privately owned company, upper management does whatever it wants without much consideration towards their employees.

This place tends to also overwork their employees, where one person does the job of two or three. This person would then leave the company and CAMP would then hire two to three people to take their place. Just doesn't make any sense. I have seen this happen more than once before. The last time was with CAMP's first training manager and resource, who did the work of an entire department by himself. Which brings me to another point, training is not a priority at CAMP. This company has been around for more than 50 years and they don't have an on boarding dept or process? Something that every other company that has been around for this long has. Eventually, the people that suffer is the customer, but CAMP won't do anything about it because they own most of the industry.

Advice to Management

Invest in your employees, the people that actually are performing and want to stay. Trust your employees enough to allow them the freedom to schedule their work and personal life, like working remote. Base your decisions on employee's performance and work instead of your personal preferences. And please stop asking interns and new employees to leave unrealistically good comments (4 or 5 stars out of 5) here to offset the many bad ones, and instead improve the way you are running things so people can post good comments out of their own free will.

Hello There,
    I am sorry to hear about the experiences you had. While I know we cannot change what had happened, we would like to know what can be done, and I personally would like to look into... More

"Enjoyed working here, so far. Great management, great people."

Current Employee - Associate Software Engineer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Associate Software Engineer in New York, NY

I have been working at CAMP Systems full-time

Pros

I dont know why there are so many negative reviews of the company. May be its from the non-software division.
    But so far, i have enjoyed working here. I have been employed here for almost 2 years and i have yet to see anything bad in my department or in my company. The company growth has been great and it has exploded in the last 4 years. My supervisors are very friendly and easily approachable and there is no master-slave relationship or office politics. Even the work-life balance is great.

Cons

I have yet to see some cons of working here. So far, thankfully nothing yet.

Advice to Management

Please dont change anything. I am happy here...

Jan 3, 2017 – HR Recruiter

10. "Nice place to work, Loyal"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ronkonkoma, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ronkonkoma, NY

I have been working at CAMP Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

CAMP allows it's employees to work freely, from over micromanagement. We are given freedom to complete tasks, while given deadlines and goals.

Each year we are reviewed and evaluated, small raises are awarded usually.
    Company has been growing steady for the last 40 years.

Cons

Sometimes there is division between departments, but with a little friendly socialization, everyone is super nice and open to help

Advice to Management

Create more events to bring employees together, The BBQ, Parties, and Holiday events always make everyone happy, and we need more reasons to rub elbows with one another

We appreciate your remarks. Thanks