CARFAX Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 4, 2017

3.1

Systems Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at CARFAX (Columbia, MO) in April 2017.

Interview

I just got a phone interview. They asked me some question on my resume. Then asked me some techinique questions about hadoop. I didn't prepare very well. Coding part is easy.

Sales Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CARFAX in March 2017.

Interview

Submitted my application via their website and got a request for a call within a day.
    Call was very general but thorough and went over company philosophy and questions involved prior experience and duties at current job.

Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Centerville, Goochland, VA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at CARFAX (Centerville, Goochland, VA) in March 2017.

Interview

3 people interviewed me, after the first interview, the other 2 ask what all did the others tell you. Lasted 2 hours. The pay offer was on the very low side.

Regional Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CARFAX.

Interview

Ridiculous. Filled with "trick questions"
    You can tell Carfax treats its Field Employees like crap. They fail to mention that they track your every move, then double check it. They rescheduled my interview several times for no good reason then the manager said they were sick and was in such a bad mood. Every question that was asked was a no win question. Hire people that have great relationships with auto dealers and let them soar! But no, they want minions with no brains they can terrorize and "helicopter" over.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing you are very good at that you wouldn't go again?   2 Answers

CARFAX Response

Feb 6, 2017 – Director, HR

Thank you for sharing your recent interview experience. Our goal, for any interview, is to give candidates a better understanding of our culture, the position we are hiring for, and through... More

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manassas, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CARFAX (Manassas, VA) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online, received call for a initial phone screening with recruiter, HireVue (online interview), then two physical interviews with multiple managers, directors, and senior employees. Quite a long process and interviews.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Centreville, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CARFAX (Centreville, VA) in December 2016.

Interview

Two phone interviews and half-day in-person interviews. During the last interview I was asked if I was married, had children, and where I lived (yes, I'm female if you were wondering). If I asked that in an interview I would be fired. Needless to say, I was off my game after that. The recruiter had great communications with me until she was informed I wasn't being called back. I found out I didn't get the job when I saw that she reposted the position on her LinkedIn and it came up in my feed. Inconsiderate since she had invited me to connect with her the week before.

Interview Questions

• Prioritize the Carfax values.   1 Answer

CARFAX Response

Jan 31, 2017 – Director, HR

Thank you for the feedback. Diversity and respect are foundational to our culture and we want everyone that meets with our team share that experience firsthand. It's reviews like yours that help us... More

Data Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Centreville, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CARFAX (Centreville, VA) in November 2016.

Interview

Very brief. Was asked about only 2 questions. A bit in a hurry. And, got the rejection noticfication by email within an hour. I might call at the wrong time. It was a regret that I didn't use other tools to be more prepared.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chantilly, VA

Interview

Was contacted via email in regards to a phone screen. Agreed on a date and time. Once the date and time came I never received a call. I then emailed the recruiter without response, and again the next day without response. Very unprofessional and a great way to waste my time.

Regional Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Centreville, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CARFAX (Centreville, VA) in July 2016.

Interview

I want to highlight, in all sincerity, how absolutely unprofessional Carfax was following the interview process in hopes it does not happen to another candidate. The process started with a brief phone interview with a recruiter that lead to an online video interview with the hiring manager; the following week I was informed the company wanted to bring me out to the headquarters in Virginia for the final portion of the interview process. The interview day consisted of three separate one hour interviews with different regional directors within Carfax; although it made for a long day, everything went smoothly and all interviewers answered any questions I had. Finishing up about to leave the office that Thursday afternoon, the hiring manager said to me, and I quote, "You'll hear from us Monday at the latest either way."

A month later and I STILL have had no contact from anyone within the company, even after inquiring about their decision through a few emails and voicemails to the recruiter and hiring manager. After doing a bit of personal research, I found out on my own the employee that left the position (the employee whom I knew and referred me for the position) to take another job elsewhere decided he did not like his new job and wanted his old job back, which Carfax apparently granted to him even though he left. Again, no one within the company or the employee himself took the thirty seconds to inform me of this as I would have been somewhat understanding.

My point of this interview review is not to simply have a childish rant, but to point out I honestly would never have expected such unprofessional, immature actions from a company such as Carfax. I am still baffled they could not take the short few seconds to send a follow up email stating they were going a different direction. The humorous part of this is all anyone preached all day at the office (almost in robotic like synchronization) was how great the company culture was and that no company has an office atmosphere like Carfax. Apparently I need to be the one to inform Carfax that a great company is built on how they conduct themselves in all facets of the organization, not having an Xbox or ping-pong table and making sure your employees have memorized their lines of how great the company culture is.

Interview Questions

• What sets yourself apart from others we're speaking with?   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at CARFAX (Columbia, MO) in June 2016.

Interview

i was interviewed for data analyst and also for software developer.First selected via Hacker Rank and then phone screening, where i received a response that technical panel was impressed.Later they called for in-person interview for two days.The process was smooth, not much technical, some situational questions like 5 term goals.There are 3 to 4 rounds on each day, Pair Programming was part of it,all red and green tests were passed.i felt positive about the interview and thought would be selected.

But i received the response from the recruiter that they are looking for more experience in scripting.
    It was like waste of my two days.They could have checked properly and called for the interview.

Interview Questions

• 5 term goal
      what is agile development