CARFAX Interview Questions

Updated Oct 13, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 173 of over 173 interviews

182 Comments

Join the conversation on

Featured Interview

CARFAX

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at CARFAX in Mar 2021

Interview

I found the interview process at Carfax to be a positive one, even though I did not get offered the position. Mary, the Carfax Recruiter, was extremely personable and genuine. During the process she also sent emails to let me know that she should have updates within a day or two and made herself available for questions if I had any. As for the online interview, I had an initial pre-screen with the hiring manager, and then a few weeks later, a round of Zoom interviews with three Directors from the Dealer Business Unit. They, too, were also genuine and not only asked questions about the me, but provided info about the job and company. I'll keep trying because this is a culture I would love to be a part of.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time you made a mistake and how you handled it?
    Answer Question

CARFAX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CARFAX

Interview

The process went like so (all of these were virtual - covid): - Phone screen - Technical Round - Technical Round - Technical Round, Panel Discussion, Technology discussion Overall, it was great. The interviewers were welcoming throughout the process.

Interview Questions
  • Java, JavaScript, and computer science concepts and portfolio discussion

CARFAX

Application

I interviewed at CARFAX

Interview

The recruiter and the team that I met with were all genuine, professional, and you can tell that they really cared about the team that they were hiring for. I really enjoyed talking to everyone! That was my first impression of the company, and my opinion has not changed since I started.

Interview Questions
  • Aside from the questions about my portfolio and past work, the interviews felt like natural conversations - so there were a lot of topics, but they were all generally regarding my experience, what motivates me, etc.
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CARFAX (New York, NY)

Interview

Speak with HR. Given take home assignment, just the normal, make a network call, pull and display the data in a list and click to open other page. Follow up to assignment asking why and what else we could change, as well make changes live. Also do a little coding question. Got ghosted nonetheless which goes without saying but just unprofessional.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

CARFAX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CARFAX

Interview

Interview process took a few weeks. The interview was thorough and conducted by several team members. Some one on one sessions and then a group session. Many questions about past experience and how that can apply to the role.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

CARFAX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CARFAX in Aug 2021

Interview

The entire process took a little less than a month, from applying to getting an offer. I had a phone screening with the recruiter, Mary, then a Zoom interview with the hiring manager, followed by four 30 minute interviews with members of the team on Zoom. Mary was very transparent throughout the whole process and always reached out with updates.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at CARFAX (Chicago, IL) in Aug 2021

Interview

I was contacted by an HR recruiter 2x to reschedule my interview since she had missed our first scheduled call. First she said "I'm sorry, I must have schedule you for the wrong Thursday, but I can call you now" I responded immediately and she did not call. I reached out to her twice that day to try to reschedule but never heard back. She contacted me a week later, apologized without any explanation and said she can reschedule. I emailed her with open availability but she again did not respond back. This level unprofessionalism is absolutely absurd, and if it is reflective of the rest of the company I would not work here.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CARFAX (Washington, DC) in Jun 2021

Interview

It was a standard interview; 1:1's with ~ 5-6 folks and then a case presentation with the full team. It took about 2 weeks to complete the entire interview from the HR to the case round and then they just ghosted me, never heard back from them despite following up.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

CARFAX

Application

I interviewed at CARFAX

Interview

Only initial phone interview. A week after the interview, I sent the recruiter an email to get an update about my application status but he didn't even remember when we talked, so I was ghosted. I wouldn't expect this kind of unprofessional recruitment process from a sister company of IHS.

Interview Questions
  • Standard general questions about your experience and skills.

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CARFAX (Denver, CO) in May 2021

Interview

Spoke to Human Resources first. That afternoon I received an email saying they would like me to speak to the hiring manager which I did later that week. The following week I spoke to 2 more employees as well as the hiring manager again. It was a fast process and everyone was straight forward and transparent. The questions they had were great.

Interview Questions
  • If you had to change 1 thing about your career path what would it be?

CARFAX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at CARFAX in May 2021

Interview

Met with a different group of people three times for the interview process. Had a total of six interviews. The last group of interviews was five interviews all done in one day. Overall great experience.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 173 Interviews