CARFAX Interview Questions | Glassdoor

CARFAX Interview Questions

Interviews at CARFAX

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at CARFAX (Columbia, MO) in February 2020.

Interview

1) Phone screen
    2) Virtual video interview for 90 minutes
    3) On-Site interview

Phone screen was just the usual. Experience about my previous work, what I am interested in and so on. No technical questions asked.

Virtual technical interview - In-Depth questions about previous projects and why was I planning to switch. The technical challenge was to complete a couple of APIs (GET) whose skeleton they had provided. I remember it being the Movies API to list in a lexicographically order and also eliminate the duplicates.

On-Site was in Columbia, MO. 4 Rounds. One-on-One with the manager, panel interview with 4 team members, technical challenge with the idea of "pair programming" to a) fix an error and b) write unit test cases for an existing functionality and interview with the Director.

Interview Questions

• The technical challenge was to complete a couple of APIs (GET) whose skeleton they had provided. I remember it being the Movies API to list in a lexicographically order and also eliminate the duplicates.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CARFAX in February 2020.

Interview

Flawed process with not clear understanding of what they want. Don't waste your time. Recruiter came back with feedback that case study was nice but current openings doesn't align with my experience.

This should have been identified in the very step itself. Product Management is not about only building products, it's also about how to apply those principle in your day to day. You guys have missed this very important point.

Interview Questions

• Prepare & Present case study of a Product   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Interview

The interview process was very well-done and organized. Everyone was very polite and professional. I had a good experience even though I wasn't hired. The recruiter called me and I had an interview the following week. It was a relatively quick process that took about 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• What is the greatest challenge you've encountered so far?   Answer Question

Regional Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Centreville, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CARFAX (Centreville, VA).

Interview

Three stage process if not more. I was contacted and had an initial phone interview with HR rep and than had another phone interview with senior rep for the team I’d be working in. Finally video interviewed with what would be direct superior. This led to an in person panel interview at the headquarters.

Interview Questions

• What has been your flaw or weakness in your current and prior roles?   1 Answer

Field Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Centreville, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CARFAX (Centreville, VA) in November 2019.

Interview

I applied online, then had an employee referral as well. Received a phone call from a recruiter for a phone interview. Next had a zoom call with Manager, then an in person interview with manager followed by being flown out to headquarters for a 4th interview with the Regional Director, another district manager followed by the hiring manger.

Interview Questions

• background questions. tell me about yourself/history type questions.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CARFAX.

Interview

Phone screen with HR, phone screen with hiring manager, 4 separate in-person interviews on the same day. In-person interview took about 3 hours. Heard from HR within a day or two.

Senior IOS Mobile Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Centreville, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CARFAX (Centreville, VA) in October 2019.

Interview

Applied online & HR contacted over phone. HR gave an overview of company & gets to know more about my professional experience. After the call, I received a task to develop a sample app to complete within 1 week( Easy task - I was able to do it in 3 hrs). Next round was 1HR video screening with a developer, which had a coding question and then technical questions on iOS. The last onsite round I had been interviewed with Team and then a Managerial round with two managers.

Overall, the interview process was so fast and smooth. HR guided me with the process beforehand.

Interview Questions

• About your previous experiences   Answer Question
    • Some technical questions based on your resume/ experience, and other technical questions on iOS.   Answer Question

Mobile Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Centreville, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CARFAX (Centreville, VA) in September 2019.

Interview

I had one screening call with HR, two 1-hr long phone calls with the director of their Used Call Listing product and was flown in for an onsite after that. The Carfax team is amazing. I was treated very well by everyone at Carfax. All team members were smart and knowledgeable in their areas. The onsite went for 10:30 am - 4:30 pm so be prepared.

Thanks guys for having me onsite. It was the best interview experience I've ever had.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a blunder you had in your product career and what you learned from it.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

Interview

A phone screen with the recruiter. Followed by a one-on-one technical video call. Then finally an onsite series of interviews:
    -1.5 hour pair programming session, followed by lunch.
    - 0.5 hour interview with two dev managers.
    - 1 hour panel interview with two senior developers

The recruiter Selome was very friendly and helped me out throughout the whole process

Software QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Centreville, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at CARFAX (Centreville, VA) in September 2019.

Interview

Interview proccess wasn't difficult. I had 1 phone screening, 1 zoom meeting and 1 F2F meeting for couple hours. I had testing questions, agile knowledge and questions to solve some problems.