CARFAX Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Centreville, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CARFAX (Centreville, VA) in April 2018.

Interview

The process was the best I have ever had. Mary was extremely professional and a pleasure to work. I had two phone interviews and one interview in person. All three interviews were great.

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MO

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CARFAX (Columbia, MO) in April 2012.

Interview

I did an HR phone interview and then a technical phone interview. The HR interview consisted of general behavioral questions and my past experience. The technical interview consisted of specific programming and database knowledge.

Interview Questions

• What role did you play while working in a group?   Answer Question
    • Why normalize tables in a database?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CARFAX in September 2015.

Interview

Three portions to the interview. Programming involved writing code to pass a given set of tests while keeping your program as dimple as possible. Second two portions were interviews with groups of three people each. First group was developers that asked technical questions and the second was management asking personality questions. Took about three hours altogether.

Interview Questions

• Explain class inheritance and how polymorphism fits into it.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Salary offer was right where I expected it to be. They also offer 10% bonuses based upon the performance of the business. Allegedly they've never failed to give at least a 10% bonus for more than 30 years.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CARFAX (New York, NY) in February 2018.

Interview

I talk with HR for some basic question what's your preference language such of things. And then you need to complete coding test. It's simple coding. After two weeks, they will technique interview via phone. About one hour.

Web Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at CARFAX (Columbia, MO) in April 2016.

Interview

It was very fast, from the day I applied, to the day I received an offer, it totalled 8 days. It started with a call from a recruiter. He was very informative, and seemed to be on my side as far as the interview process went. He was really focused on making sure I succeed through the process. After that, the next day, I interviewed with the hiring manager. He was well informed in the position, and asked me my skill level on a few different web and app servers, as well as OS experience. After that, I was contacted a fewinutes later, saying they wanted an in person interview. It was to be 3 hours, and I would meet with the hiring manager, the team I would work with, and an IT architect. The meetings went all well, and they got to ask alot of good questions, but I feel they liked me, because I came prepared with my own questions. After the interviewing, they took me out to lunch, where we got to know each other better, and not talk shop. When all was said and done, the recruiter called me back 15 minutes after leaving, giving me an offer. All in all, it was a great interview.

Interview Questions

• What type of Java frameworks have you worked with?   2 Answers

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Centreville, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at CARFAX (Centreville, VA) in March 2018.

Interview

Got to 3rd interview, waste of time, call center environment, no advancement opportunities, pay is below market, interviewer was negative, didn't drill down questions to ask me about my 8 yrs of business development experience, but focused on my questions about advancement opportunities and asked if I had kids, smh. Recruiter, she was nice on the 1st and 2nd round of interviews 3rd round of interviews never respond back to my email or gave me the professional courtesy to let me know they have halted their search for a candidate, Weeks later I see this position reposted. They said salary $40k~ OTE $80k~, not true, It's a mondaine job you'll be dialing everyday 60 plus dials it's going to be boring. I've worked these type of jobs before.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Centreville, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CARFAX (Centreville, VA) in December 2015.

Interview

Was comprehensive and did a good job of making me feel like they take every position seriously for every candidate. They also ask good insightful questions. I thought they did great!

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CARFAX (Columbia, MO) in February 2011.

Interview

I first found out about Carfax through my campus career fair where I talked to a two employees. They were friendly enough, but I was told there weren't any intern positions available, but they were nice enough to take my resume anyways. A week or so later, they contacted me and asked if I would like to interview. I had a brief phone interview a week later and then I had an on-site interview with a panel of developers where I was asked some fairly basic technical questions. That was followed by a skills test where I was paired with a developer (who is intimidatingly quiet, but very nice) and did the "intern test." Everyone was really nice and happy to sit around and chat with me. A few days after that, I received an offer and accepted.

Interview Questions

• I was asked pretty basic technical questions (what is an ERD, advantages of OOP, etc) and several behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Centreville, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CARFAX (Centreville, VA).

Interview

Interview was very conversational, friendly, and stress-free! I knew I would love CARFAX from the moment I stepped through the door.

Interview Questions

• How do your previous experiences make you the best candidate for this position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MO

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at CARFAX (Columbia, MO) in April 2015.

Interview

They first conducted an automated web cam interview. They asked 6 questions and give you 30 seconds to prepare a response before each. To me this was very awkward and I felt that I stumbled over my words a lot.

Then they bring you on site for a more formal interview.

The coding portion was using Java to pass a series of challenges; they want to see how well you understand OOP.

They will then bring you in front of a panel of 3-7 others who will try to get to know you and your skills. Their questions to me were all over the place.

After that they will have you meet with a team of managers who will ask you a lot of behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• What is polymorphism and explain why or when you would use it.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CARFAX in January 2016.

Interview

I applied through Glassdoor. And I received a call from HR who is a corporate recruiter asked me general phone screening questions. Then I was scheduled for an on-site interview with the team. I've always believed that you can tell whether a company is worth working for by how friendly or thoughtful the HR is. The recruiter was the best among all these recruiters I have ever talked to, as you can tell that he is also on your side through the detailed info he provided about the interview and tips to you of being yourself. Upon arriving for my interview, he gave me a great tour of the company and the gear board impress me the most. Since this company is willing to use a 12 feet x 8 feet wall to show that people are the core of the business instead of profit. The interview was all about conversation with teammates and manager. Stay true and stay focus on your experience related to the job. Days later I received a call and I received the offer. Thanks to him, now I am working for the company that has been selected as the best company to work for in this area six year in a row.