CARQUEST Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at CARQUEST

2.0

Material Handler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangor, ME

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at CARQUEST (Bangor, ME).

Interview

I only had one interview for the position before receiving a job offer. I emailed my resume to the manager who I was put in contact with through an employee. He contacted me to scheduled the interview whcih was a few days later. The interview was about 15 minutes.

Interview Questions

• what sets you apart from others applying to this position?   Answer Question

Parts Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at CARQUEST.

Interview

Easy & fast i wasnt asked really too much. Just how old i am as they require you to be 21 or over. Also what roles i am looking for and i explained i am looking for a career driver position. I was asked about my availability and years of experience and etc.

Interview Questions

• Hours, drivers license, age   1 Answer

Delivery Driver Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CARQUEST.

Interview

Very easy! Asked about my experience working at a auto parts store and, also asked a couple of scenario question. The interview was about 20 minutes long and very casual. At the end of the interview they asked about how many hours i could work and what days i would be free.

Counter Pro Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at CARQUEST.

Interview

None...was bought out from another company and I did not have to go thru the process when we were bought out. I don't really remember the process as it was well over thirty years ago.

COUNTER SALES Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at CARQUEST in January 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Was contacted next day via phone. Set up interview for 1 week later. Arrived at location and met with store manager. Asked me typical interview questions. Asked me about my previous job and responsibilities, why I left my last job. Explained that job was listed as Counter Sales Associate but was actually for Shift Manager. Was informed I would hear back in 2-3 weeks. Never heard back.

Delivery Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lawrenceville, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CARQUEST (Lawrenceville, GA) in May 2015.

Interview

It was a 30 minute interview and she asked me numerous easy to answer and honest response questions. As a driver you dont need to know about car parts, you will learn the longer you're at the job. My employer is a good judge of character and is very serious about her job but also wants her employees to be happy.

Interview Questions

• Can you pass a drug test, background check, and check of your driving record?   2 Answers

Sales and Delivery Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CARQUEST.

Interview

I submitted my application to the Carquest website which consisted of entering identification information, work history, and filling out a 50 question multiple choice survey. I received a call within a week of completing the application about a position. The manager was a bit unsure about the availability of the job since he was having trouble with an employee's work status, but had me come in to the store within a couple of days to interview and relate the job details. The interview was a fairly standard introductory conversation with the store manager where he went over the details of my application and the results of the survey. I was hired a week later and began trained for a few days before I was up to working a regular schedule.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Watford City, ND

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at CARQUEST (Watford City, ND) in December 2014.

Interview

15 minutes and thats it. Basucally the regional manager was forced to be there and had to get someone hired so he can get back home. He barely asked questions. He also gave me 1.5 days with him, barely showed me how to do anything, gave me a key, handshake and good luck. I struggled the next year just to maintain.

Store Manager Interview

Interview

None at the time. Throw a set of keys at you and wish you good luck. But a lot has changed. Now they do 3 person panel interviews. Ive never been a part of one so Im not sure of the process

Parts Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cocoa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CARQUEST (Cocoa, FL) in April 2014.

Interview

Was called after a week of applying to position on the internet. Came in for a interview two days after initial contact and discussed previous work experience. The store manager was very open minded and the interview was very professional. After the interview it took about two weeks to start working.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of how you would deal with an unhappy customer   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate a slight higher pay since I had over three years experience in delivering from previous jobs.