CARQUEST Interview Questions | Glassdoor

CARQUEST Interview Questions

2.1

COUNTER SALES Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at CARQUEST in January 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Was contacted next day via phone. Set up interview for 1 week later. Arrived at location and met with store manager. Asked me typical interview questions. Asked me about my previous job and responsibilities, why I left my last job. Explained that job was listed as Counter Sales Associate but was actually for Shift Manager. Was informed I would hear back in 2-3 weeks. Never heard back.

Delivery Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lawrenceville, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CARQUEST (Lawrenceville, GA) in May 2015.

Interview

It was a 30 minute interview and she asked me numerous easy to answer and honest response questions. As a driver you dont need to know about car parts, you will learn the longer you're at the job. My employer is a good judge of character and is very serious about her job but also wants her employees to be happy.

Interview Questions

• Can you pass a drug test, background check, and check of your driving record?   1 Answer

Sales and Delivery Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CARQUEST.

Interview

I submitted my application to the Carquest website which consisted of entering identification information, work history, and filling out a 50 question multiple choice survey. I received a call within a week of completing the application about a position. The manager was a bit unsure about the availability of the job since he was having trouble with an employee's work status, but had me come in to the store within a couple of days to interview and relate the job details. The interview was a fairly standard introductory conversation with the store manager where he went over the details of my application and the results of the survey. I was hired a week later and began trained for a few days before I was up to working a regular schedule.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Watford City, ND

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at CARQUEST (Watford City, ND) in December 2014.

Interview

15 minutes and thats it. Basucally the regional manager was forced to be there and had to get someone hired so he can get back home. He barely asked questions. He also gave me 1.5 days with him, barely showed me how to do anything, gave me a key, handshake and good luck. I struggled the next year just to maintain.

Store Manager Interview

Interview

None at the time. Throw a set of keys at you and wish you good luck. But a lot has changed. Now they do 3 person panel interviews. Ive never been a part of one so Im not sure of the process

Parts Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cocoa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CARQUEST (Cocoa, FL) in April 2014.

Interview

Was called after a week of applying to position on the internet. Came in for a interview two days after initial contact and discussed previous work experience. The store manager was very open minded and the interview was very professional. After the interview it took about two weeks to start working.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of how you would deal with an unhappy customer   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate a slight higher pay since I had over three years experience in delivering from previous jobs.

Delivery Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manhattan, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at CARQUEST (Manhattan, KS) in April 2014.

Interview

Quick 10 minute interview to see if you are a living breathing person. Also to see if you can actually show up to an interview on time and not a complete slob. Mainly they just want to know that you are capable of doing the job and able to help customers out with car related questions.

Driver Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at CARQUEST in January 2014.

Interview

It was more about how you would fit in to the position they were hiring for, no questions of past employment or if you were qualified or a safe driver.

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at CARQUEST in September 2013.

Interview

I had an initial interview and a follow up interview. Need some work on their computer program
    to make it smoother. Did encounter problems in filling out all of the paperwork that was needed.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle people giving you a hard time?   1 Answer

Negotiation

NO negotiation was allowed.

Customer Service Teammate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at CARQUEST (Madison, WI) in August 2013.

Interview

Applied on CarQuest website. 2 days later got a phone call from a store manager. Set up a in person interview. I was told that my experience and talents was exactly what they were looking for. Offered and accepted job that day. While driving home was contacted by 2 other store managers, pulled over on a side street and called them back, informed them
    I had been hired by another store.

Interview Questions

• Will I be available 7 days a week?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate anything except hours. I highly recommend asking how long they expect you to be a driver before getting counter sales training, if that is what you intend to be when hired. If not you will be just a driver and temporary counter worker.