KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

CD PROJEKT RED Interview Questions

Updated Sep 24, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 53 of over 53 interviews

Other4%
2.9
HardAverageEasy

CD PROJEKT RED

Application

I interviewed at CD PROJEKT RED

Interview

After submitting the application, I received an answer within a week. I liked everything. Good people, nice, fun and pleasant atmosphere, I didn't feel pressured. After the interview, they contacted me the next day and informed me that I had passed.

Interview Questions
  • Basic questions about my speciality, experience and about me personally.
    Answer Question

CD PROJEKT RED

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CD PROJEKT RED

Interview

In 2008 applied for the job, there was 2- step process (2 conversations + a simple test). Few technical questions, another few regarding former experience. Rather easy ones. Ultimately, I got this job.

Interview Questions
  • - Former experience. - Technical questions regarding pipeline. - Technical questions regarding optimalisation. - Experience with tools, etc.

CD PROJEKT RED

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CD PROJEKT RED

Interview

The first interview is an initial phone screen that can take up to 1 hour, which is very standard. The next interview involved around 4-5 meetings with people the position reports to, upper management, etc and can take 1 hour each. It is somewhat rigorous but absolutely essential to what makes the culture so awesome. It absolutely flew by!!

Interview Questions
  • Questions center around getting to truly know the applicant and what makes them who they are as a person, and then progress onto more job specific questions regarding experience. The company realizes that what goes on in one's personal life affects their work life and they take a very holistic and genuinely kind approach to getting to know the person behind the resume.

CD PROJEKT RED

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CD PROJEKT RED

Interview

I was applying two times. Each time it took ages to get a reply for any email. But people are very nice as soon as you meet them in person.

Interview Questions
  • Regular questions about ambitions, working style and problem solving skills.

CD PROJEKT RED

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CD PROJEKT RED in Jan 2022

Interview

They gave me a difficult collision optimization test, and a set goal. When I failed they didn't give any feedback on what I could have done differently. They did offer a new test for gameplay programming instead.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warsaw, Masovia

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CD PROJEKT RED (Warsaw, Masovia) in Jan 2022

Interview

Two weeks after applying, I received an invitation for a first round interview. I had an online meeting with the Lead Environmental Artist and a HR representative in a relaxed atmosphere. There were some difficult questions to answer if you aren't following the latest technology but it should not be a big issue if you couldn't answer.

Interview Questions
  • - What role have you played in this past project? - Why do you want to work with us? - What do you think or know about photogrammetry? - In five years, what position would you like to be in this company?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sheffield, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CD PROJEKT RED (Sheffield, England) in Dec 2021

Interview

The interview process war pretty regular but I was positively impressed the way they dig into my job history. From my job's interview expiriences I would definetely could say that it was the most injoyable interview I've ever had.

Interview Questions
  • 1. Tell me about your expirience in "projects name"? 2. What the most injoyable process for you in character creation(sculpting, texturing etc.)? 3. Where do you see yourself five years from now? and so on

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warsaw, Masovia

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CD PROJEKT RED (Warsaw, Masovia) in Dec 2021

Interview

It started with a Technical Challenge requiring some math knowledge, basic algorithms and bug fixing. It used the Coding Signal platform, and in my case the only language option was C++

Interview Questions
  • Explain the network communication of a gameplay event

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pisa

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at CD PROJEKT RED (Pisa) in Dec 2021

Interview

Although I wasn't actively looking or considering moving, I accepted an interview invitation for this position, because it sounded like an interesting opportunity. The process moved somewhat slow - about two months from getting contacted to the second zoom interview. The first call was with a senior recruiter and the gameplay director, and felt very conversational and positive. I think we could have talked for a lot longer if time had allowed. It took another 3 weeks for a second call, this time with the lead producer and gameplay director. Also had a positive experience there, despite some technical issues during the call. The reason I rate the overall experience as negative is because after two lengthy interviews, and a lot of back and forth conversation during the process, I haven't gotten a single line of response since (3 1/2 months later). That's very unprofessional behavior from a company trying to restore its image. Edit: After posting this review, a senior producer got back to me to apologize and explain the missing response was an accident during busy times, which I can certainly relate to. So, overall, regardless of outcome, a positive experience.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warsaw, Masovia

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CD PROJEKT RED (Warsaw, Masovia)

Interview

I applied online via website and shortly after I have received a message from recruiter asking me to complete test assignment. The test assignment was about creating a small open world prototype with required elements in chosen tool. Here you're unfortunately basically thrown into water, as studio provides you no tool set containing any assets you can use, you have to look for everything on your own. Completing the assignment took me around 40 hours, it's quite demanding task but no big deal if you have some experience creating levels, you simply have to put some effort into it. I've sent the assignment on time with all required elements, documentation etc,. and I got feedback from development team in about one week saying basically that the prototype is ok, but not good enough. Whole process was very smooth and the recruiter has answered all of my questions, the replies were very quick. Only thing I can complain about is that I wasn't even invited to personal interview, which I find bit unprofessional from their side since I spent reasonable amount of time on assignment but had no chance to vindicate or at least discuss their real needs/expectations. Anyway, I think it was positive experience.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 53 Interviews

CD PROJEKT RED Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at CD PROJEKT RED as 72.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.87 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Cinematic Designer and Community Manager rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Artist and Gameplay Programmer roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at CD PROJEKT RED takes an average of 37 days when considering 59 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Artist had the quickest hiring process (on average 16 days), whereas Gameplay Programmer roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 93 days).

Common stages of the interview process at CD PROJEKT RED according to 59 Glassdoor interviews include:

Presentation: 24.00%