CEFCO Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at CEFCO

1.8

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pensacola, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at CEFCO (Pensacola, FL) in December 2016.

Interview

Easy interview (but I have had a plethora of previous manager roles), Jennie was amazing, opening new store, going to be one of the first new managers involved. Thoroughly enjoyed talking about our education and background with the other managers. Very nice stores and great pay. Pays my mileage since I live so far away and overtime (for management) is given like candy.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at CEFCO.

Interview

The interviewer I had hired me because he lived where I grew up. not due to my qualifications.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Offered 7.25 hr but got 8.00hr due to previous experience

ASM Interview

Anonymous Employee in Valley Mills, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CEFCO (Valley Mills, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

Sandy was wonderful. She was a great DM. She made things easy and was always professional. Since then i have been through 5 Managers, Countless workers and a new DM that is awful and inconsiderate of others.

Interview Questions

• Can i work 40 hours a week?   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at CEFCO.

Interview

Dress nicely for the interview, as you would with any interview before. The interview tends to be short with a few basic questions (e.g "Have you worked at CEFCO before", "What experience do you have with a register", "What kind of customer service have you done"). Mostly informal environment, and easygoing managers make the interview easy. Hiring requires a background check, and, providing you're friendly and willing to work around the store's schedule, you'll get a phone call to start work shortly after.

Interview Questions

• Every manager has a different set of extra questions, but the most important one is "Can you work around our schedule, including alternating shifts?" If you can, then you'll likely be hired in.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CEFCO in August 2013.

Interview

Informal. Phone interview then face to face. Hired immediately. It was very laid back. I expected more. When promoted I did interview with the Regional Manager, Jeff. Again, informal as we went to Subway and I was hired right away.

Interview Questions

• Mainly asked about if I was willing to work nights and weekends, which will happen a lot.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Amarillo, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CEFCO (Amarillo, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

Interview with Regional and District Manager, pretty lengthy. Be prepared with accomplishments, and ready to discuss management style. Be prepared to discuss labor budgets, sales, customer service and knowledge of P&L

Anonymous Employee in Midland, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at CEFCO (Midland, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

had 2 interviews. district manager too busy to have another one. Did not have enough time to prepare. Wish had more time. Hard boss who does not work well with others.

Interview Questions

• What attracted you to cefco   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation take it or leave it.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at CEFCO (Dallas, TX).

Interview

DM called the day after I applied online. Was given a low ball offer, told them I needed about 50% more to consider it. He checked with the Area Manager, it was approved. Little did I know they just were planning to use me to fix up one of their problem stores, then fire me as soon as it was up to standards

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tyler, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at CEFCO (Tyler, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

I was called up and asked to do a next day interview which was fine by me, however they never looked at my resume before calling me whatsoever and I was asked to work times I -specifically- asked not to work on my application and because I couldn't do overnight I was told I would have no career with any CEFCO

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waco, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CEFCO (Waco, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

Meet with the store manager who is barely legal. She decided to let me meet with the gm, who was in store thst day. He was from the same area I had lived before I moved back home. He asked about my management experience and I told him. He was like we need a little mid western attitude in here. How about between $9-$10 an hour. I desperately needed a job so I took it.

Interview Questions

• The DM said I'm gonna say 3 words and give me your first thought.
      He asked about a lake from the other state, a store, and something else.   1 Answer