CHS Inc Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 16, 2018

2.6

1. Featured Interview

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at CHS Inc.

Interview

I found the interview process to be very enjoyable. While the in-person interview process is a bit long (about 3 hours), it went very fast. I started the day by taking assessment tests, personality wise and logic. From there I met with an HR representative and then finally two people from the marketing and communication department. The two from the communications department ended up being my supervisors for the summer. While it is a long process, it is definitely worth it.

Interview Questions

• How did you come to have your passion for marketing and communications?   Answer Question

Transportation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at CHS Inc (New York, NY).

Interview

Process was very transparent and the people were very friendly. Interview involved general questions about my background, and wasn't scripted. I was surprised that such a large company took the time to call me after the interview and ask if I had any questions. Overall the process was great!

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CHS Inc (Saint Paul, MN) in May 2017.

Interview

after applying on line, I was contacted by a company recruiter for a phone screen, followed by a phone interview with the hiring manager, followed by on-site interviews with the hiring team. Everyone super friendly.

Operations Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CHS Inc in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Received a phone call within 2 weeks to set up a math and personality assessment. Upon completion of the tests I met with a PR manager the same day as the tests. Received a call back for a final interview the next day.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you were faced with a difficult decision at work.   Answer Question

Inter Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CHS Inc in September 2016.

Interview

Two on one interview with a lead engineer and an HR rep present. Alternated questions and made notes along the way. They want to see an active potential employee that would ask questions.

Accounting Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Inver Grove Heights, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CHS Inc (Inver Grove Heights, MN).

Interview

My interview consisted of three separate interviews with three different managers in the company over the course of about three hours. The questions were pretty straight forward and many were just run of the mill questions such as working with others, and problem solving.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle the employees you oversaw at your last company?   Answer Question

Outside Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hudson, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CHS Inc (Hudson, WI) in June 2016.

Interview

I had a Skype interview with the Regional Sales Director's who are the people that oversee the interns, I had to do Skype because I was still in an out-of-state College. After this interview I then met up with a Salesman from the Cooperative that I was told would fit me best. This second interview, although another serious interview, felt more informal, more of them seeing if they could spend a summer with you.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They take too good of care of you monetarily that I did not feel the need to negotiate. Base pay, expenses, mileage stipend, etc.

Communications Interview

Interview

I had to connect with my contact at the company in order to move forward. Because it is a competitive place to get a job, I had to use my connections. The interview process was long; you have to take a few online tests and surveys so they can assess if you are the right fit. The in person interview with the department and with HR was good. The people were easy to communicate with.

Interview Questions

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CHS Inc.

Interview

HR intern managers are fun to work with. Individual interview was relevant and comfortable. The on-screen "tests" were alright as they look at your skills and personality preferences. About 1 week after interview, HR manager called to offer with summer internship benefits and was available for any follow up questions or concerns.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CHS Inc.

Interview

I sat down in a multi-use room with two management employees, then went to a separate room for visual, spacial, and rational assessments. Both managers I met with were extremely friendly and non-intimidating. One even stayed with me after the interview to make sure I got to the testing portion without problems.

Interview Questions

• Talk about one project that you've completed that you're proud about. What was the process like? What sorts of difficulties did you encounter and how did you resolve them?   Answer Question