CHS Inc Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at CHS Inc.

Interview

I found the interview process to be very enjoyable. While the in-person interview process is a bit long (about 3 hours), it went very fast. I started the day by taking assessment tests, personality wise and logic. From there I met with an HR representative and then finally two people from the marketing and communication department. The two from the communications department ended up being my supervisors for the summer. While it is a long process, it is definitely worth it.

Interview Questions

• How did you come to have your passion for marketing and communications?   Answer Question

Office Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochelle, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CHS Inc (Rochelle, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

One on two interview. Very nice and professional. Met with sales and head of employees. Great dialogue. The employees were very informative. This position was working for a subsidiary. Diversified Benefits Services. Handling customer support for people in the field.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself. How do you handle stress. Why do you think you would be right for his job.   Answer Question

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in McPherson, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CHS Inc (McPherson, KS) in October 2014.

Interview

Very thorough. Multiple stages of interviews and testing. First interview with HR. Then a aptitude test and a psychological test. Next a physical test and finally an interview with management.

Interview Questions

• What will your previous employer say about you if we ask them?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manhattan, KS

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CHS Inc (Manhattan, KS) in January 2015.

Interview

I talked to them at a career fair. Then I got a next day interview. They told me that they would get back to me after a month. Like most companies it was probably closer to two or two and half months. Interview process was kind of weird. They re-stated my answers and then asked if that's what I was thinking, then wrote it down. Overall, it was pretty good, but awkward. Hopefully you have a better experience.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CHS Inc.

Interview

I sat down in a multi-use room with two management employees, then went to a separate room for visual, spacial, and rational assessments. Both managers I met with were extremely friendly and non-intimidating. One even stayed with me after the interview to make sure I got to the testing portion without problems.

Interview Questions

• Talk about one project that you've completed that you're proud about. What was the process like? What sorts of difficulties did you encounter and how did you resolve them?   Answer Question

Internal Audit Interview

Anonymous Employee in Inver Grove Heights, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CHS Inc (Inver Grove Heights, MN) in September 2011.

Interview

Meet with the Director of Internal Audit and have a casual conversation with him, then meet with a manager level auditor. After that, onto the second round, you come back to talk to the Director of Compliance. Once you are through that interview, they let the recruiter know if it will be a good fit and offer you the position. After that, it's background check and a drug test and then you start!

Interview Questions

• What will be the most challenging thing for you with changing jobs?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much negotiation - I went through a recruiter, so they did it all for me.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Spokane, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CHS Inc (Spokane, WA) in May 2011.

Interview

A member of HR will contact you after reviewing your application. Applications can be picked up and turned in at any Cenex Zip Trip store. I turned mine in at the regional office and happened to meet a member of HR. Normally though you will receive a call from a member of HR.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There wasn't much room for negotiation. They will work with you as far as getting a specific store. Once hired you will go though a 30 day evaluation period where you must learn and review store policies, mission statement, and other company requirements. You must also have your food handelers permit and class card from liquor control board (WA State Only?)

Accounting Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Inver Grove Heights, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CHS Inc (Inver Grove Heights, MN).

Interview

My interview consisted of three separate interviews with three different managers in the company over the course of about three hours. The questions were pretty straight forward and many were just run of the mill questions such as working with others, and problem solving.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle the employees you oversaw at your last company?   Answer Question

Safety Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CHS Inc (Saint Paul, MN) in March 2013.

Interview

Typical interview questions with all of the regional managers. Then asked to conduct a training session of my choice to display communication skills and understanding of adult learning via Experiential Learning Cycle integrations.

Interview Questions

• They asked more about my experiences as they understood my skillset from resume, and put it to the test on the spot by having me give a class to conduct unrehearsed. Took a couple tests prior to interview.   1 Answer

Instrumentation Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minot, ND

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at CHS Inc (Minot, ND) in August 2015.

Interview

The interviewing and hiring process was a very frustrating and poorly handled situation. The interview itself was a good experience but as a whole it was a waste of my time.

Interview Questions

• They asked me standard personality type questions.   1 Answer