CHS Inc Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 28, 2017

2.7

1. Featured Interview

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at CHS Inc.

Interview

I found the interview process to be very enjoyable. While the in-person interview process is a bit long (about 3 hours), it went very fast. I started the day by taking assessment tests, personality wise and logic. From there I met with an HR representative and then finally two people from the marketing and communication department. The two from the communications department ended up being my supervisors for the summer. While it is a long process, it is definitely worth it.

Interview Questions

• How did you come to have your passion for marketing and communications?   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CHS Inc (Saint Paul, MN) in May 2017.

Interview

after applying on line, I was contacted by a company recruiter for a phone screen, followed by a phone interview with the hiring manager, followed by on-site interviews with the hiring team. Everyone super friendly.

Accounting Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Inver Grove Heights, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CHS Inc (Inver Grove Heights, MN).

Interview

My interview consisted of three separate interviews with three different managers in the company over the course of about three hours. The questions were pretty straight forward and many were just run of the mill questions such as working with others, and problem solving.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle the employees you oversaw at your last company?   Answer Question

Outside Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hudson, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CHS Inc (Hudson, WI) in June 2016.

Interview

I had a Skype interview with the Regional Sales Director's who are the people that oversee the interns, I had to do Skype because I was still in an out-of-state College. After this interview I then met up with a Salesman from the Cooperative that I was told would fit me best. This second interview, although another serious interview, felt more informal, more of them seeing if they could spend a summer with you.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They take too good of care of you monetarily that I did not feel the need to negotiate. Base pay, expenses, mileage stipend, etc.

Communications Interview

Interview

I had to connect with my contact at the company in order to move forward. Because it is a competitive place to get a job, I had to use my connections. The interview process was long; you have to take a few online tests and surveys so they can assess if you are the right fit. The in person interview with the department and with HR was good. The people were easy to communicate with.

Interview Questions

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CHS Inc.

Interview

HR intern managers are fun to work with. Individual interview was relevant and comfortable. The on-screen "tests" were alright as they look at your skills and personality preferences. About 1 week after interview, HR manager called to offer with summer internship benefits and was available for any follow up questions or concerns.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CHS Inc.

Interview

I sat down in a multi-use room with two management employees, then went to a separate room for visual, spacial, and rational assessments. Both managers I met with were extremely friendly and non-intimidating. One even stayed with me after the interview to make sure I got to the testing portion without problems.

Interview Questions

• Talk about one project that you've completed that you're proud about. What was the process like? What sorts of difficulties did you encounter and how did you resolve them?   Answer Question

Instrumentation Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minot, ND

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at CHS Inc (Minot, ND) in August 2015.

Interview

The interviewing and hiring process was a very frustrating and poorly handled situation. The interview itself was a good experience but as a whole it was a waste of my time.

Interview Questions

• They asked me standard personality type questions.   1 Answer

Office Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochelle, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CHS Inc (Rochelle, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

One on two interview. Very nice and professional. Met with sales and head of employees. Great dialogue. The employees were very informative. This position was working for a subsidiary. Diversified Benefits Services. Handling customer support for people in the field.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself. How do you handle stress. Why do you think you would be right for his job.   Answer Question

IT Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Inver Grove Heights, MN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at CHS Inc (Inver Grove Heights, MN) in June 2015.

Interview

Overall the interview/job offer process was disorganized and poorly executed. No one seemed to know what was going on. Their recruiters are on the verge of unprofessional.

In May I had a half hour phone screen with the hiring manager who really just wanted a review of my experience. In June I had a one-hour in-person interview with the hiring manager and the person in charge of the SAP Implementation project. Most of this hour was spent talking about the project, it really wasn't an interview of me and I didn't learn much about the position at all. I assumed there would be more interviews where I would have time to ask more detailed questions about the position itself.

After that interview I was asked to apply online so that I would be in their system, which I did.

I heard nothing until mid-August when I received an email stating that I had not been selected for the job.

Then in September I received a call that they wanted to move forward with me and give me an offer. I replied that I was confused as I had been turned down for the job a month earlier. After several calls and another interview (at my request, I had no idea what the job requirements were) an offer was made. Again, the recruiter didn't really seem to understand what was going on and actually made some inappropriate comments when reviewing benefits with me.

I ultimately turned down the position. You can read the detail below but basically I wasn't willing to give up vacation, work hour flexibility, work location flexibility and have worse medical coverage for a little more salary.

The salary was fine and there was a hiring bonus. CHS has a pension which is rare these days, however they are behind the times when it comes to work/life balance and flexibility in work styles. There is no flexibility in schedule. Everyone works 8-4:30 (or 5 or later in IT). I asked about a 7-3:30 schedule and was told "I guess you could do that" and then in the next breath "but you will need to be here until 5." There is no telecommuting at all except under the most extreme circumstances.

CHS has PTO (paid time off) not vacation and any time away from work (sick, waiting for a repairman, sick child, etc.) is rolled into that PTO. Since telecommuting is not done, even if you are home waiting for a repairman and perfectly able to work remotely, you have to use PTO.

Medical benefits aren't great. Premiums were about what I pay now and the deductible was actually less, however it's an 80/20 plan even after deductible and there is no annual out-of-pocket maximum (I actually pushed back on the recruiter to confirm that for me because I couldn't believe it!).

Interview Questions

• There were no standard interview questions during the interviews. They asked about my background and what I wanted to do going forward. They did have me fill out a form that had a lot of those standard "what is your greatest strength" type of questions.   Answer Question