CI Financial Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at CI Financial

2.8

Change Management Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at CI Financial (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Intern - Campus Recruiting.

Skype Interview. It was descent. Asked me about my experiences and how you can contribute to CM team at CI. Basic questions. No surprise tests. No certificates/credentials required.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were basic. A high school graduate will be able to get this job. No prior experience required.   Answer Question

Not in my interest of field.

Web Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at CI Financial (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in November 2015.

Interview

Met with senior web designer, manager, and director on the same day. Good rapport from the start. Questions are relevant to the position and how I applied design concepts in my previous roles. Nothing out of the ordinary. The team is looking for the proper fit first and foremost. The role is creative and it requires a lot of collaboration and interaction with the team. I was definitely on the same page and felt we spoke the same language.

Interview Questions

• Talk about your previous web design experience and your design process.   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I interviewed at CI Financial (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in February 2014.

Interview

Relatively straight forward with typical behavioral questions dominating the interview. There were a couple of technical questions but easy to answer if someone has basic finance and accounting knowledge. The interviewer however didn't really seem very responsive and so it was hard to gauge whether they like you or not.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CI Financial (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2016.

Interview

Standardized - apply online through their careers page. Eventually received a pre-screen phone call which lasted for about 30 minutes. They asked fairly basic questions about the industry, my resume/experience, what I knew about the company, how I valued companies. After successfully completing the pre-screen, I was invited for another 30 minute interview. I heard back from them after about a week.

Interview Questions

• Why CI?
      What did you do while working at x?
      How do you value companies?
      What do you look for in successful companies
      Basic Behavioural/Scenario questions - you're on the phone helping a client and then your boss comes up to you and asks to speak with you immediately. What do you do?   Answer Question

CI Financial Response

Aug 2, 2017 – HR Coordinator

Thank you for your feedback! We're glad to have you aboard with the CI team.

Internal Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CI Financial (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

More like a conversation and the interviewer asked about your former education and work experience, also asked about your future plan and goals. They talked about their department a lot.

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at CI Financial (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2010.

Interview

Only one interview consisting in both technical and HR.

Accounts Payable Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at CI Financial (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in July 2015.

Interview

Took one week. Was interviewed by head accountant. Interview went great, was well qualified for the position and I thought I was going to get the job. I saw a new ad for the position online so I decided to call HR and check on my status. I was told the position was given to someone else who declined the offer. It would have been nice to know that I didn't get the offer instead of being told to wait two weeks when the decision was made much quicker

Help Desk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at CI Financial (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2011.

Interview

Phone interview, and then an interview with HR. After passing first 2 interviews, you then meet with Manager and/or Director for 3rd interview.

Interview Questions

• If an advisor calls in advising that the internet works, but email is down, would steps would you take to get the email back up and running?   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CI Financial (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2017.

Interview

Two interviews. One was with HR and the other was with a director. It was a lengthy interview. Interviewed with the director of the team. He was very professional. A lot of techinical questions.

Interview Questions

• He gave an example of an invoice that would need to be amortized and how I would treat it.   Answer Question

CI Financial Response

Jan 19, 2018 – HR Coordinator

Thanks for leaving your feedback! Welcome to the team!

Investment Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CI Financial (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in August 2016.

Interview

Entire process took a month. Initial contact from HR rep, then 30 minute phone screen (she did ask one super simple finance question, what is a mutual fund?). Moved on to in person interview with a different HR rep and the hiring manager. Second round interview with same two and 5 additional people. HR rep was unnecessarily controlling during the interview, at one point she cut off the hiring manager from answering one of my questions. LOTS of situational and behavioral questions. 90 minute skills test done at home. Made a low ball offer 10% under what I was clear was the minimum I would accept. I declined the offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you got critical feedback you didn't agree with.   Answer Question

I was annoyed with my treatment during the interview process. Spoke volumes about the company. I went with a different offer.