CME Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

OTC Valuations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CME Group (Chicago, IL) in August 2018.

Interview

Takes about two weeks. First round is a half an hour phone interview. Second round is onsite one and half hour interview with 6 people. Nice and friendly interview environment. Given an offer after one week.

Corporate Strategy Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CME Group in January 2017.

Interview

Two phone interviews and two in person interviews. Pretty easy for the most part. HR was fairly disorganized and unresponsive. Had to reschedule interview several times and the process was really slow because of it. Need to improve HR.

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CME Group (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Interview process was pretty standard. I had an initial phone screen with the HR recruiter, then went in for first round interviews. I interviewed with 3 different people and then had lunch with some of the team members. Lunch turned out to be another interview because I was getting bombarded with questions. Then I was called back for a second round and met with another 3 individuals. I got an offer a few days later. Pretty painless.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too difficult. The interviews were all behavioral.   Answer Question

The package was pretty competitive but I was looking for more incentive to jump ship.

Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CME Group (Chicago, IL) in February 2010.

Interview

Applied through the university career site and was offered an on-campus interview. Interview was 1 on 1 but they had two managers from the company interviewing people separately. Started off by talking about the position a little bit, asked a few questions regarding my resume, and asked a couple simple behavioral questions. Was a nice guy doing the interview, thought it went well and mainly asked easy behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Asked a couple questions regarding a difficult situation/decision I had to deal with and how I overcame it.   Answer Question

Junior Reporter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at CME Group (Chicago, IL) in October 2009.

Interview

I applied online for the position. I was initially contacted by the Recruiter through email and we scheduled a phone interview through email. The phone interview was a set of simple questions mainly dealing with my interests. Afterwards, an interview before a panel was scheduled. At this interview the questions were average interview questions. When done we viewed the trading floor. Some of the faults I believe I had was that I was not dressed properly, meaning no suit jacket. I also was overqualified for the position as I had a bachelor's and it required a high school degree. I believe they saw me as not being a permanent holder of the position and that is what was wanted.

Interview Questions

• What interested me in working in finance as opposed to something such as economics or mathematics?   Answer Question

Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CME Group in May 2014.

Interview

Got a call from CME group for java developer internship. Applied online.Interview was easy-Basic core java questions; OOPS concept, interfaces vs abstract classes and SQL. Few behavioral questions; Why CME? what expectations do you have from this position? Only one half an hour telephonic interview and they responded within an hour.

Negotiation

Negotiate as soon as you get the offer, I tried negotiating after a day and they declined it but, its a good company. Nice work culture and lots of opportunities to learn.

Lead Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CME Group (Chicago, IL).

Interview

who do you know and how well do you know them.....
    experience, why are you interested in cme, what do you know about cme, do you have an issue working for someone younger than you? can you handle being yelled at by people losing money, etc....

Negotiation

one-dimensional, take it or leave it.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CME Group.

Interview

I met them at campus career fair. The first round of interview is a phone interview. There were a few software engineers on the phone asking me questions in turn. The questions included walking through my resume, objected oriented prorgamming, etc. They weren't difficult but there were more than I expected.

Interview Questions

• What is the purpose of OOP? What is inheritance? Describe overloading and overriding. What is encapsulation?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at CME Group in November 2018.

Interview

First I had to talk about the different projects on my resume. Next I had to talk more about myself and what I am interested in. Finally, they ask you to solve a code problem.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at CME Group (Chicago, IL) in January 2018.

Interview

The first round was a technical interview. The guy was nice, however I was stuck on many syntax errors and he didn't notify me that I was able to use google until I had 5 minutes left. So I just relayed my idea over to him. Never heard back.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had a good experience with a team   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at CME Group.

Interview

initial HR screen then a tech phone screen over coderpad. didnt make it past this, but i heard it was the onsite. I had completely forgotten the interviewer said you can google and since i was getting flustered with using java cause i havent used java before, i completely forgot to use google. there were a lot of syntax errors i was having which got me frustrated. Other than that, I honestly did pretty well in the interview as we had talked about complexity, how to improve it, what data structures to use, all that jazz. and he agreed with me on my choices and my thinking. I come to find out when asking for feedback, that he said although he's definitely competent, I was disappointed by his debugging skills. I COMPLETELY FORGOT TO GOOGLE DURING FIXING THE SYNTAX ERRORS AND THE INTERVIEWER HELPED ME OUT. I DONT UNDERSTAND WHY DESPITE HAVING A GOOD SENSE OF DATA STRUCTURES/ALGORITHMS he'd tell the company to pass on me. honestly so freaking dumb...

Interview Questions

• basic string/array question regarding counting all unique strings (unique being if the string and the string's reverse exists)   Answer Question