CMS Distribution Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at CMS Distribution

2.9

IT Sales Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at CMS Distribution (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

Exchanged e-mails with Sean Jinks then a 45 minute telephone conversation with Sean and team leader. Spent time explaining my previous roles and what experience and skills I had. Then had to explain how I felt this would fit into the role. Then was a general discussion about what was expected and how I might possibly fit better into other roles within the organisation.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at CMS Distribution.

Interview

Agency arranged interview, was very good with their comms. Also gave map of office. When you arrive though, the office not brilliantly signposted. It's in the far left corner. Car park had quite a few spaces free. Door answered quickly. Was always offered a drink. Meeting rooms are quite big and airy. Staff are friendly. Feedback given quite quickly (within a day or so). 1st interview was very good. 2nd interview started off well but went downhill after it was discovered they actualy had not clearly identified all their requirements for the jobspec.

Interview Questions

• Scenario / Role Playing   1 Answer
    • A few technical queries (but not as many as expected)   1 Answer
    • 2nd interview: What are your qualifications ?   1 Answer
    • 2nd interview: How would you deal with a Cisco network trace?   1 Answer

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at CMS Distribution (London, England (UK)) in October 2015.

Interview

2 Interviews took place
    1st interview fairly straight forward asked general questions about experiences, education, interests in the role, why leaving your current role, competency questions etc.
    2nd Interview - again with 2 people explained the role in detail, company culture, policies rules & regulations, asked more competency based questions
    Administration tests were also done on 2nd interview - personality quiz, excel sheet, power point.

Interview Questions

• What skills do you think will be necessary for this role.   1 Answer

Office Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at CMS Distribution (London, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

Initial telephone interview, then a face-to-face interview if successful. Both stages were easy-going and the interviewers really try to gage an understanding of you which is nice. It was held in their office so you can get a vibe of what it would be like to work there. Interviews for me are always slightly nerve-wracking but the company makes you feel welcome and at ease.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at CMS Distribution.

Interview

I had a two stage interview. The first was with two external advisors to CMS who have a wealth of experience in my industry. Interview was really well structured and took place in the board room. Second interview was with the CEO, Frank Salmon. Had really great communication from the HR team at every stage about my application.

Interview Questions

• What new or innovative things are coming up in our industry that excite you?
      What's your career plan for the next 5 years? What development do you need to get there?   Answer Question

SAP Technical/Func Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrogate, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CMS Distribution (Harrogate, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

1. Screening phone interview with HR person (30 mins)
    2. Initial phone interview with manager (30 mins)
    3. Face to face interview with tech test (2hrs 15mins!)
    4 Second face to face interview with another tech test (90 mins)

Total contact time = circa 4hrs 45mins.

Interviews held by team manager and CIO. Both seemed very friendly, knowledgeable and polite.

Competency based questions, questions about my role history, skills and experience, heavy bias on technical skills with two live programming tests. Although role was a hybrid business/technical, little in the way of soft skills testing (eg. no presentation). Felt first interview duration was overly excessive, second borderline.

Primary reason for the negative experience? The company did not get back to me to inform me of the outcome of the second interview. Promised feedback a week after interview - what I got was radio silence. Rather poor form, negative perception forming, and disheartening from a candidate perspective.

When I did chase them up almost two months later (after I saw the role re-advertised), to their credit I did get a "thanks, but no thanks" email. I also received a modicum of useable feedback, and a sincere and honest sounding apology (they were too busy focusing on the successful candidate - who presumably later dropped out).

In summary, I saw a fast growing company with strong potential, that has a continuous improvement opportunity to review their values, talent engagement, and R&S processes and procedures - particularly with regards to candidate aftercare.

Interview Questions

• Do you prefer to sit down and code with headphones on, or do I prefer to mingle and engage with the team?   Answer Question

CMS Distribution Response

Feb 20, 2017 – Recruitment Manager

Thank you for taking the time to provide your comprehensive feedback. I apologise once again for the communication breakdown that led to the delay in responding to your application.

At CMS... More

Jivo Sales Mfr Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at CMS Distribution (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Very professional HR dept from Ireland. Took 2 weeks to arrange f2f mtg in London.

Was not offered role due to incomplete relevant experience. Pity hiring mgs did not include these in the job description

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at CMS Distribution (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in June 2019.

Interview

firstly screening test with the manager and then they had a discussion with their senior level people and then proceeded with the further steps in which the HR team was also involved.