CONSOL Energy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

CONSOL Energy Interview Questions

Updated Feb 19, 2017

2.5

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CONSOL Energy.

Interview

The setting was easy to talk and one HR member and two to three department managers typically involved. The questions were nothing out of the ordinary when interviewing for a job.

Interview Questions

• How does your past work experience relate to the position you are currently applying to?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CONSOL Energy (New York, NY).

Interview

I distinctly remember this interview because of the recruiter's genuine interest in me doing well in the interview process. I was given the opportunity to talk about myself and show how interested I was in the position by talking about the research I did in the company. I was asked about my background and other details prior to interview questions.

Heavy Equipment Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Williamson, WV

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CONSOL Energy (Williamson, WV).

Interview

After numerous phone calls I finally got I interview set with HR and Superintendent. Repeated question on safety and skills, and if you want to know anything the company offers you better ask because no info is volunteered!!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation..

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Canonsburg, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CONSOL Energy (Canonsburg, PA) in April 2015.

Interview

Single Interview with multiple screenings.
    First was contacted by hiring manager via email, had a small chat with him on the phone letting him know of my skills and experience briefly. Then was contacted by HR to setup an interview at thier corporate office in Canonsburg. I was supposed to be interviewed by three people but one could not make it so it was just myself, the hiring manager and someone from HR. They asked pretty standard questions, a lot was about prior work experience though. Afterwards I submitted to a background check and drug screening.

Interview Questions

• What do you bring to the table?   1 Answer

Petroleum Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in State College, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at CONSOL Energy (State College, PA) in January 2015.

Interview

Asked pretty standard questions. Was nervous and didn't answer the question too well. Didn't get an offer but its a tough time in this field right now.

One thing I did not like is that I was told that if I hadn't heard anything, it was a good thing. Didn't hear anything or get any reply to my email until months later saying that I had been declined.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to work in a team and it didn't go well   Answer Question

Supply Chain Position Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CONSOL Energy.

Interview

I applied online for the position. Salary requirement was one of the questions, which I answered. I was called in for an interview about a week later. Interview was awkward, not relaxed. I was told mostly negative things about the company. Only after the interview did I find out that the salary was only half of what my requirement was. This is very disrespectful. Why would you waste everyones time if the salary isn't even a close match? I obviously told them I'm not interested.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a project that you either had to sacrifice cost, time or quality, and how you handled it.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a project that you had to work on by yourself.(something to that effect)   Answer Question
    • Tell me how you had to convince others in your company to go along with a project that they didn't agree with (can't remember exact wording)   Answer Question

Human Resources Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canonsburg, PA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at CONSOL Energy (Canonsburg, PA) in October 2014.

Interview

The interview was straightforward. Submit your resume then wait for the recruiter to review and schedule time with the hiring manager to have a meeting. Finally had a meeting with 2 members of management and reviewed the job responsibilities.

Interview Questions

• Tell us why you would be a good candidate for the job?   Answer Question

Petroleum Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in State College, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CONSOL Energy (State College, PA) in October 2014.

Interview

The interview process was pretty standard. The interviewer was laid back and asked me very standard questions about my GPA, leadership positions etc. The interview was very informal and the interviewer made it seem more like a conversation than an actual interview. He asked if I ever encountered any problems while holding my leadership position and how I overcame them.

Interview Questions

• He asked if I ever encountered any problems while holding my leadership position and how I overcame them.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CONSOL Energy.

Interview

Interviewed at a university. No engineers were present. The interviewer couldn't answer any question I had. It only lasted ten minutes and was a waste of time. They only look at GPA, nothing more. I have six years of military service with leadership positions in the engineering sector and they didn't want to hear about it. But they did want to know about my cardboard bridge building competition my first semester as a freshman!

Completion Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at CONSOL Energy (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

they will ask you to come to the office and interview with the human resource and a site manger and then they will decide and give you a call later on

Unprofessional