CONSOL Energy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at CONSOL Energy

2.4

Petroleum Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in State College, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at CONSOL Energy (State College, PA) in January 2015.

Interview

Asked pretty standard questions. Was nervous and didn't answer the question too well. Didn't get an offer but its a tough time in this field right now.

One thing I did not like is that I was told that if I hadn't heard anything, it was a good thing. Didn't hear anything or get any reply to my email until months later saying that I had been declined.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to work in a team and it didn't go well   Answer Question

Petroleum Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in State College, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CONSOL Energy (State College, PA) in October 2014.

Interview

The interview process was pretty standard. The interviewer was laid back and asked me very standard questions about my GPA, leadership positions etc. The interview was very informal and the interviewer made it seem more like a conversation than an actual interview. He asked if I ever encountered any problems while holding my leadership position and how I overcame them.

Interview Questions

• He asked if I ever encountered any problems while holding my leadership position and how I overcame them.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Canonsburg, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CONSOL Energy (Canonsburg, PA) in February 2011.

Interview

One interview, very laid back, I probably over dressed for it. Got called back about 3 weeks later and was offered the job.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CONSOL Energy.

Interview

Interviewed at a university. No engineers were present. The interviewer couldn't answer any question I had. It only lasted ten minutes and was a waste of time. They only look at GPA, nothing more. I have six years of military service with leadership positions in the engineering sector and they didn't want to hear about it. But they did want to know about my cardboard bridge building competition my first semester as a freshman!

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Canonsburg, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CONSOL Energy (Canonsburg, PA) in September 2010.

Interview

A long process from the interview to the actual hire date. Very thorough. Medical testing more than what I expected. Interview process was very relaxed and comfortable.

Negotiation

n/a

Human Resources Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canonsburg, PA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at CONSOL Energy (Canonsburg, PA) in October 2014.

Interview

The interview was straightforward. Submit your resume then wait for the recruiter to review and schedule time with the hiring manager to have a meeting. Finally had a meeting with 2 members of management and reviewed the job responsibilities.

Image Processor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at CONSOL Energy (Pittsburgh, PA) in June 2013.

Interview

non professional, Just basically went over my resume. Didn't feel pressure at the interview at all. Got a call from a recruiter, went in for an interview with the recruiter. after we talked about a week later I got a call to interview with Consol. as stated it was not a professional interview, no pressure.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a contractor at Consol?   1 Answer

Industrial Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Canonsburg, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CONSOL Energy (Canonsburg, PA) in January 2014.

Interview

had two interviews that lasted no longer then 45 minutes

Heavy Equipment Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Williamson, WV

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CONSOL Energy (Williamson, WV).

Interview

After numerous phone calls I finally got I interview set with HR and Superintendent. Repeated question on safety and skills, and if you want to know anything the company offers you better ask because no info is volunteered!!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation..

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Canonsburg, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CONSOL Energy (Canonsburg, PA) in April 2015.

Interview

Single Interview with multiple screenings.
    First was contacted by hiring manager via email, had a small chat with him on the phone letting him know of my skills and experience briefly. Then was contacted by HR to setup an interview at thier corporate office in Canonsburg. I was supposed to be interviewed by three people but one could not make it so it was just myself, the hiring manager and someone from HR. They asked pretty standard questions, a lot was about prior work experience though. Afterwards I submitted to a background check and drug screening.

Interview Questions

• What do you bring to the table?   1 Answer