CRISTA Ministries Interview Questions | Glassdoor

CRISTA Ministries Interview Questions

Updated May 22, 2017

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CRISTA Ministries.

Interview

I interviewed for several positions with several different managers throughout CRISTA in 2013-2014, some were brief phone-interviews, some were really long in-person interviews. I promptly sent my hand-written thank you notes, followed up by email a week or so later...not once have I ever received the courtesy of a response from anyone at CRISTA. It was very disappointing, I won't even bother any more.

Interview Questions

• A lot about faith, goals, what would you do in this scenario, I'm going to give you very little information and I want you to tell me the best strategy for figuring this out...   2 Answers

Social Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shoreline, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CRISTA Ministries (Shoreline, WA).

Interview

Phone interivew, then in-person off-campus.The online interview was very comprehensive and later I learned that applications don't even get passed HR if their faith-statement isn't convincing. The in-person interview was very easy and informal with two upper-class managers. I was offered the position just a few days after over the phone. There were seveal hours of forms I had to fill out and it seemed a little unorganized.

Interview Questions

• They skipped over a lot of job-related questions in the in-person interview and went straight for faith-related questions. It really felt like the manager was trying to weed out any people who were not REALLY Christian.   Answer Question

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at CRISTA Ministries (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied online and had a phone screen within a week. She told me at the end of the phone interview that they wanted me to come in for an in-person interview and told me she would get back with me in two days. I waited three days and sent an email asking for an update. She apologized and said there was a big project they had to focus on and she would get back to me by Friday. I never heard back. I sent one more note asking for feedback, assuming they changed their mind on the in-person interview. She never responded. I truly believe that if you change your mind in interviewing someone, that is okay, but please respond and be truthful to the person who is waiting for "the call".

Interview Questions

CRISTA Ministries Response

Aug 22, 2016 – Recruiter

I apologize for the subpar experience you had from our interview process and I take ownership of the fact that communication became less expedient than usual. Our team strives to be timely in our... More

Camp Counselor Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CRISTA Ministries in March 2016.

Interview

Was offered interview at career fair, had in person interview the next day. I was asked to apply after the interview and was told to expect future ones. Was emailed later from a different person to schedule a phone interview. He told me to expect future interviews, but a little more than a week later I received an acceptance/job offer via email.

Both interviewers were very nice and acted like I was an old friend when I was reintroduced to them over the summer.

Interview Questions

• List 3 advantages and 3 disadvantages   1 Answer
    • Give your testimony (Christ)   Answer Question
    • Imagine a camper asked you how to become a Christian? How would you respond?   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CRISTA Ministries (Seattle, WA) in March 2015.

Interview

Very rigorous. Met with 4 different people at 2 different times. Interviewers were not particularly welcoming. They seemed busy and like their minds were else where. They had a list of questions which was intimidating.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CRISTA Ministries.

Interview

Very thorough and fair process. Phone interview initially and then a panel interview with the entire staff. This provided them an opportunity to interview me and then they introduced themselves so I would have a better picture of the team I might be joining. Great experience overall.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

By phone. I let them know what my minimum need was and they were able to accomodate that.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CRISTA Ministries.

Interview

Expect at least three stages, one of those being an initial phone screen and then two in person.

Interview Questions

• Most important thing they will look for is your relationship with Jesus Christ.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Some ability to negotiate, but as a non-profit the money for salaries is tight and usually predetermined.

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Everett, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at CRISTA Ministries (Everett, WA) in November 2011.

Interview

There are two persons gave me an interview. It seemed like a structure interview. They asked me questions and wrote down the notes according to what my responses. The interview lasted 30 minutes but they spent lots of time to introduce their organization and culture. I didn't have chance to talk too much. I lost my interest for that position after the interview.

Promotions Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at CRISTA Ministries (Austin, TX) in July 2011.

Interview

Stay on top of the hiring manager. Persistance is the key. You will be called in for an initial interview. Ask many questions. Keep in mind this position requires you to work outside many times, in the extreme Texas environments, and involves heavy lifting. You ust be available to work weekends, as well.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in working in radio? Be prepared and honest with your answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations. Promo Technicians are at a set rate for the company.

Food Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shoreline, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CRISTA Ministries (Shoreline, WA) in August 2010.

Interview

answered an ad in craigslist, read job description, matched experience and desired working environment; was directed to corporate job site to complete profile. had 3 interviews, was recommended by direct hiring supervisor, and approved by ministry leaders.
    approx 2 week process before offer/acceptance, very professional, energetic and visionary

Interview Questions

• Questions were fair and comprehensive; from experience, situational, ethical, best practice, accountability, leadership, and a few scenario based questions. also asked about personal goals, career plan, etc. all were thought provoking and challenging as well as reasonable.   Answer Question

Negotiation

fair and timely. they were able to meet my needs and willing to take a chance on my abilities pertaining to the job