CSX Finance Leadership Development Program Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

CSX Finance Leadership Development Program Associate Interview Questions

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at CSX (Jacksonville, FL) in October 2014.

Interview

The interviewers were extremely nice and professional in their approach. All interviews were conducted 1 on 1 except for the case presentation. We were treated to dinner the night before the interviews, and were also treated to lunch the day of. Overall a great company presentation that knows how to recruit the best.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for CSX

Finance Leadership Development Program Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CSX.

Interview

CSX approaches their interview process extremely early, even for internships. I had an interview in late August and received an invitation to the final round interviews in early November. My interview was pretty casual and very open, and I took that to be a positive reflection on the culture of the company as a whole.

Interview Questions

• If you had $2million to spend on a project, how would you go about deciding whether to add new locomotives to our fleet versus building out new track to a new line of business?   Answer Question

Nothing wrong with CSX, I just chose another opportunity.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at CSX (Jacksonville, FL) in October 2013.

Interview

Applied through my campus career site, had an on-campus interview scheduled about a week or so later. The interview was very easy and laid back. Just did a resume walk-through and answered some easy technical questions such as: What would you use to value a project? ex. IRR, NPV. How to discount cash flows. What would be the benefits of two large airplane companies merging?

I was then asked to come to Jacksonville for the second and final round of interviews and given a week to prepare a case study to present. We had dinner the night before and they split the 10 of us up into groups of 3 or 4. We were matched up with a VP and he just explained to us what he did and answered any of the questions we had. The next day we had to present the case study and had two other behavioral interviews. The case study wasn't too difficult, they seemed more interested in the me being able to explain how I arrived to my conclusions and my reasoning behind them rather than whether they were right or not.The behavioral interviews were pretty standard. Tell me about a time when..... Overall everything was pretty laid back and went very well. I was very surprised when I wasn't extended an offer a week later.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about preparing a budget? (random technical question thrown in with all of the behavioral questions in the second interviews)   Answer Question

Finance Leadership Development Program Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at CSX in October 2013.

Interview

Apply -> finance test online -> phone interview. The whole process was really laid back but when it came to the end of the phone interview they asked a question hat really threw me off guard. Then I got an email saying although I'm really impressive we don't wanna move on

Interview Questions

• If there were two airlines that were merging what factors would you consider?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CSX (Jacksonville, FL) in October 2013.

Interview

One online finance test then on campus interview. On campus interview was very laid back all behavior based questions. Then I was invited to go to Jacksonville for final round. I presented the case and had two more behavior based interviews. It was very friendly and laid back environment throughout the interview process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CSX (Jacksonville, FL) in September 2013.

Interview

Applied through University career website and had the first round interview on campus. Before the interview I was sent online assessments, personality, verbal, and quant. The interview was 30 minutes long, 10 minutes of behavioral questions, 10 minutes of mini case/technical question, and 10 minutes for you to ask questions. The recruiter told me about the final round selection process in Jacksonville that would be in two weeks and that I should hear from her soon. Never heard back.

Interview Questions

• What would you look at as an airline company acquiring a smaller airline?   Answer Question

Finance Leadership Development Program Associate Interview

Interview

Things start off with a decent dinner at a decent restaurant the night before you get to the real interview process. The current employees will likely be no older than their early to mid thirties. One of the CSX people will be substantially senior to the others. Your meal will be mostly uneventful. Ask a few questions to keep the attention of your hosts (obviously). If you put effort into it you can likely get them to divulge some info on the next day's festivities (our group did).

Face to face interviews the next day are completely run of the mill. Nothing I could say would make a difference there.

During the case presentation someone from the dinner will likely show up along with the most senior person you'll have run into at this point. It's likely that their opinion of your presentation carries more weight than anyone else observing.

I challenged the implicit assumptions in the case material. Many of them were unreasonable, bordering on absurd. The most senior fellow did not seem to like that at all.

Summary:
    None of the questions are difficult. You will not be able to differentiate yourself from your competition by use of technical skills. If you can build a cash flow model and discount the flows you have nothing to worry about on that end. You just have to be more likeable or strike their fancy.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions in any portion of the interview process are difficult.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at CSX (Jacksonville, FL) in November 2012.

Interview

Before on-campus interview, had to take skill test. Had an on-campus interview with standard and case/behavioral questions. Had to next take a personality test. Then went to Jacksonville for a 2-day interview. The first night involved dinner with 3 employees and eight interviewees. The next day, the interviewees were split into morning and afternoon groups. Around noon there was an HR meeting to find out about the company and its benefits. We had lunch with our groups and 2 former finance LDP associates. The interviews on the second day involved 2 one-on-one interviews with standard questions and a case presentation in front of a group/panel of 3 employees. The case is given to you the week before the interview to analyze and prepare.

Interview Questions

• The business case is difficult. Question involves balancing finance strategy with corporate image.   Answer Question