CSX Interview Questions | Glassdoor

CSX Interview Questions

Interviews at CSX

2.9

CSX Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at CSX.

Interview

Applied online. I heard from the company within a few days to schedule an interview. The interview location was on the company property. Met before a 3 man panel.

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CSX (Atlanta, GA) in January 2020.

Interview

I had a first interview with their HR person that was 10 min asking basic questions.

I had a 2nd interview set up with 2 managers over the phone that took almost a month to set up. Once I did this they asked me more technical questions but really just to see how comfortable I was with linux and helpdesk stuff. Somewhat easy but somewhat hard. After the interview I asked when I would find out about going to the next round and he said next week. I diddnt hear back after 3 weeks.

I got a call from hr to set up the 3rd interview and had it over audio and video. It was a panel of 6 people with very dry social skills. Video would freeze sometimes during this interview with them which was weird because it has never happened to me before. Truthfully diddnt take it serious since I had emailed them before that I had gotten another offer and wanted to make them aware they need to be competitive. They never aknowledged it so I diddnt bother to bring it up again. They said they would let me know in a couple days on decision.

3 weeks later I diddnt get the job lol

Interview Questions

• They ask really generic questions that any other job interview would ask.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CSX (Jacksonville, FL) in December 2018.

Interview

A whole day was set aside with several meetings for each of us. We had to create a presentation the day of the interview with an app idea and present it to CSX as part of the interview process. Interview was very thorough, but very few openings were available vs. the number of applicants.

Interview Questions

• What frameworks do you know?   Answer Question
    • Iterate through the numbers 1-10 in a for loop while only printing every even number.   Answer Question

Information Technology Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CSX (Jacksonville, FL) in October 2018.

Interview

The Interview day was 6 hours in total. You have a behavorial, technical, and business case interview rounds. Not very long in each. They will provide food and lodging.

Interview Questions

• What programming languages do you know?What are the pros and cons of each language?   Answer Question

Sr. Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at CSX.

Interview

Phone interview with HR then in person panel. The panel takes notes the entire time on paper so very little eye contact. They want answers in a CAR format (Context, Action , Result)

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself and how you fit the position. Lot's of situation questions.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CSX.

Interview

Panel of three people. Asked me about my past experiences and how my skill set could benefit their company. Everyone was very nice and easy to talk to. I found the interview process fairly easy.

Interview Questions

• In what ways can you benefit CSX through your skillset?   Answer Question

Foreman Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CSX (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

You will need to apply online and wait about a month to hear anything. They will contact you for a mass interview and testing. I interviewed with around 100 other people for three positions. Once the testing is complete they will interview the top candidates. Good luck!

Track Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at CSX (Newark, NJ) in April 2018.

Interview

Applied online was notified a week later for interview had the interview in New Jersey for a position in the Bronx. Over all it was a good experience and was offered the position a few days later through online

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to work in an unsafe environment what did you do ?
      Tell me about a time you had a problem with your supervisor?   Answer Question

IT Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CSX (Jacksonville, FL) in March 2018.

Interview

I attended a 5 hour programming challenge program. After the challenge we had a 30 minute casual interview. I thought that it went well, but it was a bit rushed and awkward at times.

IT Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at CSX (Jacksonville, FL) in March 2018.

Interview

After shortlisting my profile, I was asked to visit the Headoffice for coding interview. There I was given 7 questions to code and I successfully executed 6 Programs while in the 7th question, only 6 out of 17 test cases passed. I scored 230/250 and was shortlisted for Managerial interview.

Everything went well and I was very confident of getting an offer from CSX. But after 2 weeks, I was told that we don't provide sponsorship so we can't take you.

I was really disappointed as I was not informed about this condition at the start.

Interview Questions

• General scenario questions like: what will you do if you are in this situation.   Answer Question