CSX Interview Questions

Updated Jun 16, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 234 of over 234 interviews

2.9
HardAverageEasy

Featured Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CSX (Philadelphia, PA) in Nov 2020

Interview

Applied online, about 2 weeks later had a virtual interview/hiring session. This was with a rep from HR who went over the position in great detail. By the end of the interview you'll know if you're moving to a manager interview with the location you've applied for. After another 2 weeks the manager interview was also virtual using microsoft teams. The questions were mostly safety and on call schedule focused. After about another week and a half I received the offer which then sets up your background and medical screenings. Luckily I was able to schedule both of those within a week and now just waiting for a date to report to training.

Interview Questions
  • When was a time at work when you saw something unsafe and what did you do about it?
    Answer Question
1 person found this interview helpful

CSX

Application

I interviewed at CSX

Interview

Super easy streamlined process. Always check your emails though! It is a multistage interview process, so it will take some time for it to be finished. The first process is to go to their website and fill out an application, then you'll receive an email to an online interview.

Interview Questions
  • They asked about a time you made a decision without a supervisor available.

CSX

Application

I interviewed at CSX

Interview

Three rounds of interviews. One intro call, and then three rounds of two-on-one interviews in person, including presentation of a case study. Th process was very time-consuming and rigorous. The office in Jacksonville is very nice and well located. The employees are very welcoming and appreciative of your time. Overall, I would say the experience was very good.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CSX (Grand Rapids, MI) in May 2021

Interview

Apply online, wait for follow up emails and be ready for an interview. Pretty good about making sure you can fit it in your schedule and give plenty of notice to get ready for the interview. Once the interview is complete, they’ll tell you if your file is going to get forwarded to the hiring management team. Then you wait again for the follow up interviews.

Interview Questions
  • Previous job experience in a safety sensitive environment is asked about heavily. What experience do you have?

CSX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CSX

Interview

Simple once application is selected. You get contacted to schedule and interview and are assigned a date and time. You get on a call with a manager and they ask you basic questions about your experience relating to the job description.

Interview Questions
  • Do you have any experience working outdoors in various weather conditions.

CSX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CSX in Feb 2021

Interview

Regular questions. Nice and easy for the kids and their parents are you interested to learn about the way to work together good and fun for the family to get them in the mail box and I have a phone

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

CSX

Application

I interviewed at CSX

Interview

Great process especially during Covid 19 times. The hiring managers didn’t seem too intimidating at the start and really made things comfortable 30 seconds into the interview by telephone both times.

Interview Questions
  • Q: Define safety and a time a coworker didn’t adhere to safety protocols.

CSX

Application

I interviewed at CSX

Interview

Three people taking turns asking questions. It was very scripted and basic, but it wasn't difficult. The questions are the standard interview questions we all know, such as why are you here, as well as a lot of explain a time you.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

CSX

Application

I interviewed at CSX

Interview

Process was pretty long but it was cool. The drug screening took forever. For the drug screen you have to have hair taken and urine sample so the process was a little longer

Interview Questions
  • Job history and customer service questions

CSX

Application

I interviewed at CSX

Interview

Company talent recruiter call was 30 minutes and informative. That's all completed so far in the process. Now waiting for next step which is discussion with the hiring manager and some of the folks that work with them.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time in your life when there was great change and what did you do to get past it.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 234 Interviews