CSX Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

Sort:

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at CSX (Jacksonville, FL) in June 2011.

Interview

I was taken as an intern and then after 6 months I have been offered a full time position.

Interview Questions

• Questions on Spring and Hibernate asking if this is the issue, what could have been the probable solution.   Answer Question

Law Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at CSX (Jacksonville, FL) in April 2013.

Interview

Shown around the Corporate Secretary's Office and Legal Department. Position details reviewed, along with main responsibilities and useful contacts. Overall a pleasant interview process. Explained my responsibilities and goals of the corporation.

Interview Questions

• Wanted to know my interest in the specific area.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at CSX (Gainesville, FL) in November 2014.

Interview

It was 2 round of interview.The first round was basic Object Oriented questions .The second round was about the projects I did.I walked them through the code in my github which was about and android app and then distributed systems about botcoin mining in scala.

Interview Questions

• What is Inheritance? What is difference between StringBuilder and StringBuffer? etc etc .. And some normal ,basic coding question(common).   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CSX (Jacksonville, FL) in December 2015.

Interview

3 interviews single day 1 hour each. Coding-based. You have to code on the whiteboard. Prepare data structures, algorithms, writing code. The first 2 decide if the hiring manager is going to interview you. Out of the first 2 you need to try to nail them all.

Special Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at CSX (Atlanta, GA) in March 2009.

Interview

First interview will be over the phone by a company recruiter. He or she will ask about your previous law enforcement experiences. They will ask what you liked and disliked about your last job also your reason for leaving. In my case I was retiring after 16yrs with a major city Police department. CSX will only consider you if have a Bachelors degree and was an investigator, supervisor, swat , or other specialized in your previous law enforcement career. Once you cleared the phone interview you will be evaluated and referred to the panel for final interview. If you pass the panel you will be given a conditional offer of employment pending a very strict medical exam and background check.

Interview Questions

• What have you done to change your previous occupation for the better and if asked what would your fellow employees say that your legacy was?   1 Answer
    • What didn't you like about your last job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

CSX will always try to beat your previous salary they will make you a flat offer depending on what your last salary was. For example I will use my offer: my previous salary was 55,000 they offered me 60,000. Your expertise and education will also help to increase your starting salary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CSX (Jacksonville, FL) in April 2014.

Interview

Applied Online. Week later received email that stated I had moved to the next step in review process. Week later received congratulations email that I had been chosen for an interview. Interviewed with three other candidates. Day of interview was briefed about company culture and mission. Given detailed description about position and responsibilities. Toured department, reviewed equipment and environment with other candidates. Proceeded to interview each candidate one at a time. Interview panel made up of two people, department supervisor and member of the talent acquisition team. Given standard interview questions. Two days later received email informing me of their decision.

Interview Questions

• If a customer (internal) comes to you and demands that you do something that is not budgeted for that job and becomes irate. How do you handle that person/situation?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at CSX (Charlotte, NC) in February 2009.

Interview

hiring-written test and a physical is required. I was interviewed by three people. I was told that the railroad entails a different way of life, and it definitely does.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

there is no negotiation. the job is a closed-shop union job.

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CSX (Jacksonville, FL) in September 2012.

Interview

Lots of form emails with little to no feedback until after the actual interview. Standard interview process once you make it through the initial weeding out process. Direct manager and Labor Relations rep attend the interview. LR rep is only there for factual company information, not very knowledgeable about the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at CSX (Savannah, GA).

Interview

Completed online assessment and notified via email a few days later that I had made it to the next step. We met at a hotel conference room and was interviewed by the order of arrival. I arrived an hour early and was the fifth person there so arrive extremely early. They take note of this. There were ten of us. Two person panel interview. Emphasis on safety. Notified via email the following day of decision.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a co worker forgot to put on his safety gear?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at CSX.

Interview

I applied through my campus career site. I got a first round interview. The first round interview was very conversational and it was mostly behavioral. They did ask some simple finance questions. Know the basic finance stuff and keep up with the news. Ask a lot of questions.

Second round- I was offered a second round a week later. There is a case presentation and some behavioral interviews. They will ask tough questions during your presentation. So know your stuff. The behavioral was with directors and VP's . It is not hard. They just want to get to know you and see if you are good fit.

Interview Questions

• They will ask questions what you have on your presentation. They want to know how you think. Know everything on your presentation and be prepared to answer any questions.   Answer Question