CSX Interview Questions | Glassdoor

CSX Interview Questions

Updated Aug 11, 2017

2.9

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CSX.

Interview

I applied online and received a call a week or so later. The call it self was done by the people managing the intern program and not the department you would be interning with

Interview Questions

• What kind of workspace do you prefer for coding   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CSX.

Interview

Bunch of behavioral questions, interviewed by the project manager and another member of the senior team. They later decided that they will be massively cutting interns, and terminated tons of interns 20 days before starting.

Do not trust this company.

Assistant Signalman Construction Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florence, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at CSX (Florence, SC) in March 2017.

Interview

Most unprofessional experience I've had in a professional environment. I was told that punctuality is extremely important to CSX. I drove a combined 13 hours to get to the interview site and back and showed up an hour and a half early. My interviewers were out to lunch, which made sense given the time of day. Finally after waiting 2 hours they sauntered in 30 minutes late for the interview they scheduled. I was then asked a few canned HR questions read (poorly) from a sheet of paper and sent on my way in 15 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you dealt with a difficult co-worker. What was thenoutcome   Answer Question
    • How would you modify your behavior on the job site during extreme weather conditions   Answer Question
    • Have you ever worked in an environment that required the use of protective equipment.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CSX.

Interview

I applied through my University's career center. I had one on campus interview with mainly behavioral type questions. I followed up with an email but never heard anything back. An employee conducted the interview and was mainly standoffish towards questions

Land/Real Estate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CSX (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

Great, I have no issues with the company , and/or the way they conducted the interview process. They appreciated my experience, but were clear to make sure I understood the business...since most of my experience was non-rail.

Interview Questions

• Ability to do your job, effectively?   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CSX (Jacksonville, FL) in December 2016.

Interview

Quick HR phone call followed by interview with manager and two team members. ~1hr long, no technical quizzes more of a technical discussion with a couple of hypothetical. Minimal boring HR type questions

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CSX (Jacksonville, FL) in November 2016.

Interview

Test were given after application was completed. Last minute notice for actual interview. They did cover transportation to and from interview. Interview was scenario based with a number of other people. You are rated on your performance in a team setting.

Interview Questions

• Asked about long hours, outside work experience and shift work.   Answer Question

Information Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CSX (Jacksonville, FL) in November 2016.

Interview

I was notified by CSX that I was selected to do an online interview. I installed the necessary software beforehand and practiced. I approached the interview process calm and confident. I was asked four to five questions pertaining to my performance and my skills. Once the interview was completed, I was told that I will be notified about my status via email.

Around December of 2016, I heard back from CSX with an internship offer at Jacksonville for late May of 2017. I was offered a wage between $18 and $23 per hour (but they didn't offer housing arrangements or coverage). I accepted the offer and was then shortly notified that I will hear about my next steps in mid-March.

Fast forward to mid-April and I haven't heard back from my hiring manager from AppleOne (a company that deals with the hiring process for the internship). I called her and asked her what was going on and why AppleOne didn't notify me in mid-March as specified. I then found out that due to corporate restructuring as a result of a new CEO, executives at CSX decided to scrap the CSX Summer Internship Program and terminate all of the internship offers within less than two months from the start of the internship. This was all under the guise of trimming unnecessary expenses.

I was so disappointed that a large and reputable company like CSX did this to me and other potential interns.

My advice, STAY AWAY from CSX.

Interview Questions

• What is one time when you faced a challenge and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question
    • What programming languages are you familiar with?   Answer Question

IT Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CSX.

Interview

Submitted application and cover letter, asked to interview 2 days later. Simple web interview with a panel and pretty basic questions. Mainly behavioral - wasn't asked to code anything or talk specifically about the programming languages I knew.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you used a procedure to solve a problem.   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at CSX.

Interview

I applied for the internship on the CSX website and on my university career site. I met two different recruiters at events at my university. I was emailed with an interview offer that week. I did a one on one interview with one of the higher up finance managers. Currently still waiting to hear back from the company. It wasn't too difficult. Mostly behavioral questions.