CSX Interview Questions | Glassdoor

CSX Interview Questions

Updated Apr 19, 2017

Assistant Signalman Construction Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florence, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at CSX (Florence, SC) in March 2017.

Interview

Most unprofessional experience I've had in a professional environment. I was told that punctuality is extremely important to CSX. I drove a combined 13 hours to get to the interview site and back and showed up an hour and a half early. My interviewers were out to lunch, which made sense given the time of day. Finally after waiting 2 hours they sauntered in 30 minutes late for the interview they scheduled. I was then asked a few canned HR questions read (poorly) from a sheet of paper and sent on my way in 15 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you dealt with a difficult co-worker. What was thenoutcome   Answer Question
    • How would you modify your behavior on the job site during extreme weather conditions   Answer Question
    • Have you ever worked in an environment that required the use of protective equipment.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CSX.

Interview

I applied through my University's career center. I had one on campus interview with mainly behavioral type questions. I followed up with an email but never heard anything back. An employee conducted the interview and was mainly standoffish towards questions

Land/Real Estate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CSX (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

Great, I have no issues with the company , and/or the way they conducted the interview process. They appreciated my experience, but were clear to make sure I understood the business...since most of my experience was non-rail.

Interview Questions

• Ability to do your job, effectively?   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CSX (Jacksonville, FL) in December 2016.

Interview

Quick HR phone call followed by interview with manager and two team members. ~1hr long, no technical quizzes more of a technical discussion with a couple of hypothetical. Minimal boring HR type questions

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CSX (Jacksonville, FL) in November 2016.

Interview

Test were given after application was completed. Last minute notice for actual interview. They did cover transportation to and from interview. Interview was scenario based with a number of other people. You are rated on your performance in a team setting.

Interview Questions

• Asked about long hours, outside work experience and shift work.   Answer Question

IT Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CSX.

Interview

Submitted application and cover letter, asked to interview 2 days later. Simple web interview with a panel and pretty basic questions. Mainly behavioral - wasn't asked to code anything or talk specifically about the programming languages I knew.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you used a procedure to solve a problem.   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at CSX.

Interview

I applied for the internship on the CSX website and on my university career site. I met two different recruiters at events at my university. I was emailed with an interview offer that week. I did a one on one interview with one of the higher up finance managers. Currently still waiting to hear back from the company. It wasn't too difficult. Mostly behavioral questions.

Inspection Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CSX (New York, NY).

Interview

test and training sent to out of state for test and training for 5 weeks did lots of trainig to get saftey with locomotive repair and maitenace did learn alot no trins to stop that we could no fix

Interview Questions

• was i able to run machines and make repairs   1 Answer

Financial Leadership Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CSX (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

Applied through campus recruiting. Had an on-campus interview which was largely personality based. Prior to first round interview, they took us out to dinner in Jacksonville to meet other employees. Very friendly group. Large portion of the interview was based on a case study/analysis that had to be presented to higher ups. Very time consuming to prepare for this.

Interview Questions

• How will your skills transition into being a good performance employee?   Answer Question

IT Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CSX in August 2016.

Interview

30 minute phone interview with two managers. It was all behavioral questions. Got an offer within a week. Accepted the offer but still kept looking. Just found out the internship was cancelled. Thank goodness I already accepted another offer. So, unprofessional.