KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

CSX Interview Questions

Updated Jun 23, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 254 of over 254 interviews

Employee Referral4%
2.9
HardAverageEasy

CSX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CSX in Jun 2022

Interview

fast and simple, no rush and done at your own leisure via recording answers on your computer or cell phone at home. I think more companies should do it like this.

Interview Questions
  • times you experienced stress at work and the outcome
    1 Answer

CSX

Application

I interviewed at CSX

Interview

They have a very easy and smooth process to go thru interview and training shortly after going thru all the health and drug screenings. The job is very time and availability demanding

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

CSX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CSX in Apr 2022

Interview

Virtual questions followed by a virtual panel interview with a large pool of candidates. Before the end of the week I had received a offer letter. The week following I received information for a background and medical exam.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

CSX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CSX in Mar 2022

Interview

Slow old-school process from a slow old-school company. Interviewed with HR, many many weeks & finally got interview with hiring manager.. many weeks again to find our they are still going through the process. They lost me at this point as what I worried about (slow old-school) was true. Companies can talk all they want about change and speed but I find companies like CSX don't really understand it. They end up hiring people who can function in highly bureaucratic slow old-school environments. Sort of irritating when you have a great deal of experience to offer and/or come from the hi-tech side (Intel, Apple) and these companies say they want to bring in new talent, but ultimately they are either too scared to change (or just want the same old type of people). Thought CSX might have truly evolved but not really.

Interview Questions
  • Please discuss your work history.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at CSX (Jacksonville, FL) in Feb 2022

Interview

Two separate interviews. An initial interview with one individual and then a second interview with two individuals via Teams online. The first interview lasting about 20 minutes. The second was slated for one hou, but took only about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions
  • Standard set of ten interview questions relating to communications with other individuals, problem solving, and actions under stressful conditions.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 months. I interviewed at CSX (Atlanta, GA)

Interview

Easy going. Laid back crew. Just be yourself and you'll get the job. Manpower is low to be very picky these days. Express that you're a safe individual and you will be good.

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CSX (Jacksonville, FL)

Interview

Simple, straightforward and all the essential questions and information covered. Was notified of offer within a reasonable timeline and the staff was accommodating to answering questions and seeing to it that I had all the necessary information to start.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CSX (Jacksonville, FL) in Dec 2021

Interview

CSX conducts three rounds of interviews within the department you want to intern for: First - The first interview is a One on one phone call with recruiter Second - The second interview is a Two person panel asking HR related questions Third - The third interview is a Three person panel asking skill related questions

Interview Questions
  • Why did you choose statistics? How do you preform under pressure? How do you manage deadlines? Why did you apply to CSX? How would you respond to (insert situation that requires market experience and *quick* critical thinking)?

Anonymous Employee in Deland, FL

Application

I interviewed at CSX (Deland, FL)

Interview

There was a coding exercise that involved code questions and writing code. After that, there was an in-person interview where they ask mostly behavioral questions and questions about your background.

Interview Questions
  • How do you handle working with a difficult co-worker?

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at CSX (Memphis, TN)

Interview

Step 1). Applied for position online. Step 2). Contacted by email to answer interview questions via recorded interview. 3). Invited to information session to ask general questions about the position. 4). Contacted by HR with job offer.

Interview Questions
  • Name a time when you had to deal with an upset customer and how did you handle it?
2 people found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 254 Interviews

CSX Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at CSX as 68.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.87 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Finance Leadership Development Program Associate and Intern rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Conductor and Freight Conductor roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at CSX takes an average of 33 days when considering 259 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Finance Leadership Development Program Associate had the quickest hiring process (on average 16 days), whereas Conductor roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 55 days).

Common stages of the interview process at CSX according to 259 Glassdoor interviews include:

Group Panel Interview: 15.16%