CSX Interview Questions | Glassdoor

CSX Interview Questions

Updated Oct 20, 2017

2.9

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CSX.

Interview

The interviewers were very professional and kind people. When I attended final rounds I had a current Inside Sales Representative show me around and direct me to my interviews. My future coworkers were awesome, like-minded and driven individuals. They all had smiles on their faces and were genuine.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CSX in October 2017.

Interview

It was just a behavior interview with five other people. Done through a phone conference. Very nice people in management and did not try to trick you at all. I really wish they didn't cancel the offer.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CSX (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

very straightforward, and mostly dealt with the technology you will be working on. the interview had technical and behavioral questions. the process after that did took long but was worth the wait since the company is awesome and it was all worth it now

Interview Questions

• what versions of BI(OBIEE, INFORMATICA) Tools you worked with   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CSX.

Interview

I applied online and received a call a week or so later. The call it self was done by the people managing the intern program and not the department you would be interning with

Interview Questions

• What kind of workspace do you prefer for coding   3 Answers

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CSX.

Interview

Bunch of behavioral questions, interviewed by the project manager and another member of the senior team. They later decided that they will be massively cutting interns, and terminated tons of interns 20 days before starting.

Do not trust this company.

Assistant Signalman Construction Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florence, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at CSX (Florence, SC) in March 2017.

Interview

Most unprofessional experience I've had in a professional environment. I was told that punctuality is extremely important to CSX. I drove a combined 13 hours to get to the interview site and back and showed up an hour and a half early. My interviewers were out to lunch, which made sense given the time of day. Finally after waiting 2 hours they sauntered in 30 minutes late for the interview they scheduled. I was then asked a few canned HR questions read (poorly) from a sheet of paper and sent on my way in 15 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you dealt with a difficult co-worker. What was thenoutcome   Answer Question
    • How would you modify your behavior on the job site during extreme weather conditions   Answer Question
    • Have you ever worked in an environment that required the use of protective equipment.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CSX.

Interview

I applied through my University's career center. I had one on campus interview with mainly behavioral type questions. I followed up with an email but never heard anything back. An employee conducted the interview and was mainly standoffish towards questions

Director, Revenue Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CSX (Jacksonville, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

Normally a panel of 3 or more people from the department plus HR. They rotate between panel members asking a set of scripted questions. There is time for your own questions at the end.

Interview Questions

• How have handle a difficult employee?   1 Answer

Land/Real Estate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CSX (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

Great, I have no issues with the company , and/or the way they conducted the interview process. They appreciated my experience, but were clear to make sure I understood the business...since most of my experience was non-rail.

Interview Questions

• Ability to do your job, effectively?   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CSX (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Process was average, Interview consist of multiple sections from a phone interview to a face to face interview with a very brief presentation. This interview process seem to be stand for most positions,

Interview Questions

• How long have you worked in the transportation industry?   Answer Question