Cactus Club Cafe Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cactus Club Cafe Interview Questions

Updated Oct 21, 2017

2.3

Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Cactus Club Cafe.

Interview

Walked in on a weekday and was given an interview right away. I was interviewed by two different managers, and was asked to come back later in the day to meet with the general manager.

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, BC (Canada)

Application

I interviewed at Cactus Club Cafe (Richmond, BC (Canada)) in October 2017.

Interview

I walked in and filled out an application. After, I was interviewed by a manager and she was really nice and quite young so she was easy to relate to. She told me she wanted me to be interviewed by a few more people. The next manager I was interviewed by seemed full of himself and uninterested in interviewing me. He came off as a bit condescending at the end when I asked him questions. I got interviewed by one more person after that and he was really nice and laid back. After our interview he told me he needed to re-group with the other two managers. He came back and said he would talk to his general manager and would contact me the next day if he wanted to move forward with the process. I never heard back. Overall, the experience was ok, the questions were pretty generic- they seem to be looking for confident and outgoing people. Honestly, after the second interview I didn't expect to be asked back just because I could sense that the manager was uninterested.

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cactus Club Cafe (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in August 2017.

Interview

Emailed the manager, was invited to come in for an interview. When I came in, I was interviewed by two people. They asked me a couple questions and I was hired on the spot.

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Cactus Club Cafe.

Interview

Went in around 10 am and was interviewed on the spot with the assistant manager. She asked me questions like "what is your biggest accomplishment" and "why cactus club". Very general interview questions. She asked me to wait a few minutes to be interviewed by the general manager. They were very laid back and really made you feel comfortable! The GM told me the regional manager would contact me to set up a 3rd interview. He texted me about 5-6 days later and scheduled the interview for the next morning. He was incredibly friendly, asked me if I wanted anything to drink, and we proceeded to have a conversation. He asked a couple of questions such as why I chose the industry and then he hired me on the spot. He also talked about how Cactus Club does not expect to be your first priority as a worker (that family, friends, and school should come first) and that they are more than willing to accommodate your schedule as a student/traveler etc! Great interview and exceptional employers!

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Cactus Club Cafe in July 2017.

Interview

Cactus Club advertised they were hiring for all positions and to come in to the restaurant non rush hours with your resume. As I was filling out my application a few waitresses came by to chat and mentioned they were super desperate for more people, and hardly anyone had been coming in to apply which got my hopes up a little.

After my application was filled out I had an on the spot interview with a manager, who acted bored the whole time, and didn't bother making eye contact or anything just read about 5 generic customer service interview questions off the sheet of paper and didn't even bother asking if I had any questions at the end, it was very off putting. In the end no offer was made.

Front Desk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Cactus Club Cafe (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in July 2017.

Interview

Managers were rude. They already had a judgement before the interview. Harsh interview for girls. They don't check the value of your experience. They are looking for a very specific type of girls. Two different managers asked the exact same questions at different times.

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cactus Club Cafe (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in July 2017.

Interview

I got referred by a friend and they told me to email the regional manager that I was interested in a hostess position. The manager got back to me really quick, and told me to come in the next day with one of the assistant managers. I had a total of 4 meetings, which really felt like having 3 interviews since my 4th meeting was very casual, and I got hired on the spot during it. The entire interview process was very lengthy, and at times I just assumed they had moved onto another individual so I was very surprised when I got hired, but obviously pleased. All the questions asked were fairly basic. I got asked about my previous work/volunteer experience and had to explain what I did, how it has helped me, any difficulties I had, etc.

Hostess/Front Desk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delta, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cactus Club Cafe (Delta, BC (Canada)) in June 2017.

Interview

I went in with an application and my resume and got an interview on the spot, 3 different managers interviewed me, one after another, so it was like three separate interviews. After this i was asked to come again a few days later for a "final interview". That interview went well and I was told my resume and application would be handed off to the person in charge of hiring and that he would call me the next day for callbacks. He never called and I called a few days after to check and was told that he was never given my application. The hiring person said he would set up an interview with me but then went on vacation for two weeks and didn't call me back. When he returned I emailed him and he said he would meet with me the next day, but when I arrived he set me up to talk with someone else instead. She seemed to like me but told me that they are no longer hiring for the time but would call me in a month for another interview. This was extremely frustrating because I had 5 interviews and was no closer to getting the job. They were disrespectful of my time and expected me to sit around while they were trying to figure out their management.

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Coal Harbour, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cactus Club Cafe (Coal Harbour, BC (Canada)) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied through an employee reference and filled out an application given to me by a hostess. Had a 15min interview with one of the general managers and came back a couple days later for an interview with the general manager. After that I had a 3rd interview two days later with the regional manager and got hired on the spot.

Prep/Line Cook Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Cactus Club Cafe (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

A sous chef emails you about coming in for an interview, you meet another sous chef who did not email you at all, if he likes you you will than on another day meet the executive sous chef and after that is complete on another time for an interview you meet one of the head chefs.

Interview Questions

• They ask you how do you feel about 'dish' (doing dishes) and not the job you initially applied for.   1 Answer