Cafe Zupas Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cafe Zupas Interview Questions

Updated Apr 7, 2017

2.0

Line Server Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cafe Zupas in April 2017.

Interview

Went in and met with the interviewer. The store was still being set-up. There was another girl being interviewed a few feet away as well. Basic questions, I was open about my experience and we talked about general things (locations, etc.). The interviewer said that if I didn't hear from them by 5pm the next day they went in a different direction. Needless to say I didn't expect one though I had more than enough customer service/ food experience.

Anonymous Employee in Murray, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Cafe Zupas (Murray, UT) in December 2016.

Interview

Very easy, I applied online, didn't even finish the application witch I had planed to do over a week, about two days after I started the proses I got a call whilst in the break room at the move theater job I had prior. They ask me standard interview questions on the phone but nothing work related. After the phone interview ended I was extend the offer to interview in person at the location that I applied at in Murray, Utah.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to get a work Schedule that fit with my school work and home life. smile a lot and be talkative and your almost guaranteed a position

Catering Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cafe Zupas (Las Vegas, NV) in October 2016.

Interview

Filled out application on Company website as directed from Indeed website. Filled everything out but the video, pushed submit button, didn't think I would get a call until I submitted video. Got a call 2 days later @9:00am saying that she had a few questions for me.

Interview Questions

• Standard what are your strengths and weaknesses. What are your plans for the next 6 months(?),what do you like to do for fun. So basically not a lot to do with the job (in which I have years of experience as an event and catering coordinator)   Answer Question

Catering Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cafe Zupas (Las Vegas, NV) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received a call a few days later from a recruiter that wanted to set up a phone interview. The recruiter was energetic and it lasted ten minutes. She said pay would start at $10 an hour and go up over time. She asked about availability as well. She was impressed by my answers and said that I moved onto the next round. She said the next round would be a Facetime call with a manger in the Utah office the following day.

The manager from the Utah office asked about availability and the exact same questions as the recruiter, so I gave pretty much the same answers. Apparently, the manager was not impressed by my answers so I didn't receive the position. I am not sure why the recruiter was impressed by answers and manger was not; there seems to be a lack of consistency.

Crew Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Meridian, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cafe Zupas (Meridian, ID).

Interview

I applied online and a few days later got an interview phone call. I was set up for a webcam interview a few days later, but family stuff got in the way so I ended up cancelling the interview ... she was super friendly and said if I were ever interested in the job again, just call her!

Line Server Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cafe Zupas.

Interview

1. Online Application
    I did the bare minimum... I didn't put any pictures or videos nor did I write that much about myself, but a recruiter e-mailed me to schedule a phone call.

2. Phone Call
    During the phone call I was asked basic questions about what I liked to do and my availability and talked about what location I wanted to work at and what shift. At the end of the phone call she asked if I had a camera on a phone or computer that I could use for a webcam interview. She sent me an e-mail with instructions for how to get to the website etc.

3. WebCam Interview
    My online interview lasted about 25 minutes. I spoke with a woman who is on the corporate board for Café Zupas. She asked a lot of questions about how I would rate my smile and my level of communication skills on a scale of 1-10. She also asked how I think other adults would rate me on these things. Toward the end she asked if I was currently interviewing anywhere and why I wanted to work at Café Zupas. Also be prepared to say a few specific things you are looking for in a job. At the end, she said she would like to set me up to meet the manager of the location I wanted to work at.

4. Meeting the Manager
    At first I was nervous since it was face to face and I wasn't sure what to expect. I wore a nice casual outfit with wedges and went up to the counter and asked one of the current employees to tell the manager I had arrived. (I was a little less than 10 minutes early). They let me have a drink and told me to sit wherever and that the manager would be out soon. The manager was super sweet and she mainly just asked me about my availability and why I wanted to work at Café Zupas. The manager already knew a bit about me because the woman who interviewed me through the webcam gave the manager some basic details.

Overall, the process took less than a week. Just go over a few things you want to say about strengths and weaknesses before you start. Don't stress, you're likely to be hired if you just have a positive attitude and smile a bunch!

Managing Partner Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cafe Zupas in July 2016.

Interview

I have had 2 phone interviews and 1 video call. The first one was more of a "Hey, How are you?" phone call and the young lady set me up for a video call interview. The video interview was much more in depth but still focused on more personality questions and how good of a fit we may be for each other. I was then asked to have a final phone interview which was even more in depth and asked me questions about my experience and how I got to where I am today. It was then explained to me that they would be in touch the following week to possibly set an in store tryout. The purpose would be to see if we are still a good fit for each other.

Interview Questions

• What would your previous supervisor say you needed to improve upon?   Answer Question

Line Cook Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cafe Zupas (Boise, ID) in June 2016.

Interview

I found that they were hiring on Snagajob so I went to the Cafe Zupa's website to fill out my profile. I didn't do the videos; just the main things like my hobbies, previous jobs, etc. I didn't think anything would come of it but I got a cal about a week later from them and we did an interview over the phone. She asked basic questions and seemed cheerful. It was Friday and said she would call before Monday if I got the job, and I never got a call.

Anonymous Employee in Meridian, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cafe Zupas (Meridian, ID) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied online for the line server position. There were two parts to the application. One was to submit basic information of yourself, and the second part was create a profile of yourself. I only completed part of the profile when I got a call from one of the recruiters to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was simple and only lasted 10 mins, and that same week, I had an in-person interview. The in-person interview was lengthy but easy and I was hired on the spot. As long you smile and have a positive attitude, you're likely to get the job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want work here?
      Why is communication important?
      What is your weakness?
      What is your strength?
      Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cafe Zupas in March 2016.

Interview

First: Fill out the unique online application. Include pictures, videos, and all information about yourself.
    Next: Phone Interview. Basic questions. Why do you want to work for us? What do you like about us?
    Next: Webcam interview. (interviewing from another location)

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us?
      On a scale of 1 - 10, how would your former supervisor rate you on: