CafePress Interview Questions | Glassdoor

CafePress Interview Questions

Updated Feb 26, 2017

2.6

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at CafePress in February 2017.

Interview

Initial phone interview with HR recruiter. This was as far as I got. After this I was told it would be a phone interview with a development manager and then on to an onsite interview.

Senior User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at CafePress (Louisville, KY) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online and quickly received a response within a couple of days. An HR coordinator reached out to me via phone and setup a time to meet with one of their leaders. After that phone interview, follow-up interviews were scheduled a day later with various team members onsite. I had two interviews, each lasting an hour, and each included 2 to 3 people at a time. The interview was pretty informal in nature, with the occasional "canned-interview" style questions, which I despise. All seemed well and I enjoyed meeting the team, although I never received a follow-up email, phone call or any communication indicating if they were or were not interested. Pretty Busch league, and unprofessional.

Overall, the people seemed nice. I would have rated this as a positive experience if one of the guys wasn't being disrespectful playing with his phone the whole interview, and if I received some sort of follow-up. I was on the fence about the culture anyway, but I feel I at least deserved some sort of call back letting me know they weren't interested. Made the decision easier for me ;-)

Interview Questions

• What would you change with the current CafePress.com experience?   1 Answer

Web Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at CafePress (Louisville, KY) in March 2016.

Interview

I met with the department supervisor, a few developers and designers, and another employee from outside that department. It was a very comfortable environment and was easy back-and-forth between all attending.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my skill level and my abilities to apply my skills to the job presented.   Answer Question

Ecommerce Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CafePress.

Interview

Asked the usual questions, tell me about yourself, etc. Other questions mainly pertained to what I wrote in my cover letter that related to the job. Straightforward interview.

Interview Questions

• Asked me if I was able to lower my desired salary because there were more qualified candidates applying for the same position that asked for less.   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at CafePress (Louisville, KY) in March 2015.

Interview

Had a brief phone screen with management. This conversation was about my overall experience and what i currently doing in my profession. Since I had little experience I did a programming test. They brought me in after submission for a panel interview. This was a technical interview with developers and a separate interview with management.

User Experience Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CafePress.

Interview

I applied online, the HR is very nice and talked to me over the phone. She also sent me a design test to complete. Over two weeks I complete the test during New year holiday, and sent back to HR. HR set the second interview for interviewers.

When I interviewed with my interviewer, he basicly asked me about Cafepress UX experience questions, such as suggestions and problems. I think the interview process is more like user testing.. Nothing about my background and work experience. And when he talked about my design test. I think he just opened it during the interview. so it you can image the result.

And 1 week later, the Hr told me that I did not get the job. Maybe the design test is useless for them, but it is a good lesson for me.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at CafePress (San Mateo, CA).

Interview

Met 2 separate occasions with 6 different people. Very basic interview questions. Greatest strengths, weaknesses. Where do you see yourself in X amount of years. Also specific questions to marketing position.

Interview Questions

• How many piano tuners exist in the state of Idaho?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No Negotiation. Contract to hire.

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CafePress.

Interview

I submitted my resume online and was emailed by the HR coordinator. After an initial phone screen, I was scheduled for a phone interview with the manager of the department. The next week I went in for in-person interviews where I met with 5 people (including the President of the company) for about 20-30 min. After about a week, I received an offer letter.

Interview Questions

• If it is 3:15, what is the angle between the hour hand and the minute hand on a traditional clock?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CafePress.

Interview

I went to the interview and the two people I interviewed with were wearing t-shirts which caught me off guard. The interview was fine and it was short. It was less an interview and more "would you fit in here" process.

Custimer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CafePress (Louisville, KY) in September 2013.

Interview

I went into the office, sat down with two supervisors(not even the manager was there to interview me). The supervisors sat there and just asked me a few questions, nothing really that important.

Interview Questions

• - Why do I want this job?
      - My Interests/Hobbies
      - My previous jobs and experience
      Answer Question