CafePress Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at CafePress

2.6

Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at CafePress (Louisville, KY) in April 2012.

Interview

they made me drive there 3 separate times to talk with the same people, it was annoying they would talk over each other.one manager was cold and rude to me I found them to be intimidating.

Interview Questions

• what would you do if the power went out,,,what is my favorite color, one work that explains what kind of worker I am.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at CafePress (Louisville, KY) in March 2015.

Interview

Had a brief phone screen with management. This conversation was about my overall experience and what i currently doing in my profession. Since I had little experience I did a programming test. They brought me in after submission for a panel interview. This was a technical interview with developers and a separate interview with management.

Web Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at CafePress (Louisville, KY) in March 2016.

Interview

I met with the department supervisor, a few developers and designers, and another employee from outside that department. It was a very comfortable environment and was easy back-and-forth between all attending.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my skill level and my abilities to apply my skills to the job presented.   Answer Question

Senior User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at CafePress (Louisville, KY) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online and quickly received a response within a couple of days. An HR coordinator reached out to me via phone and setup a time to meet with one of their leaders. After that phone interview, follow-up interviews were scheduled a day later with various team members onsite. I had two interviews, each lasting an hour, and each included 2 to 3 people at a time. The interview was pretty informal in nature, with the occasional "canned-interview" style questions, which I despise. All seemed well and I enjoyed meeting the team, although I never received a follow-up email, phone call or any communication indicating if they were or were not interested. Pretty Busch league, and unprofessional.

Overall, the people seemed nice. I would have rated this as a positive experience if one of the guys wasn't being disrespectful playing with his phone the whole interview, and if I received some sort of follow-up. I was on the fence about the culture anyway, but I feel I at least deserved some sort of call back letting me know they weren't interested. Made the decision easier for me ;-)

Interview Questions

• What would you change with the current CafePress.com experience?   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at CafePress (San Mateo, CA).

Interview

Met 2 separate occasions with 6 different people. Very basic interview questions. Greatest strengths, weaknesses. Where do you see yourself in X amount of years. Also specific questions to marketing position.

Interview Questions

• How many piano tuners exist in the state of Idaho?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No Negotiation. Contract to hire.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CafePress (San Mateo, CA) in July 2012.

Interview

Applied 2 months ago, went to first interview a few weeks ago and still no response. Receptionist was nice, but she treats you like just another number. There were several interviewers and a couple were intimidating. I get the impression that people aren't happy working there.

Interview Questions

• If you mention any knowledge of technical skills, they will test you right on the spot by asking you a question related to that skill.   Answer Question

Marketing Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at CafePress (San Mateo, CA) in July 2009.

Interview

I applied online for the internship position, got a phone call and interviewed then. Basic backround check and resume review asking me about the skills I had etc. Then had a 1:1 onsite. Again not very technical, just asked me about previous experiences

Interview Questions

• How will you go about building a multi tiered web application?   Answer Question

Marketing Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at CafePress (San Mateo, CA) in April 2010.

Interview

In person interview with three people. Director of Acquisition, Email Marketing Manager and an Analyst. Each person had about 30 minutes or so and asked the normal questions of resume experience and describing specific projects.

Interview Questions

• When a clock reads 3:15, how many degrees has the hour hand moved?   2 Answers

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CafePress (San Mateo, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

After submitting my application, I was e-mailed by HR the following day to schedule a phone interview. 30 minutes after she was scheduled to call me, I e-mailed the HR representative to ask if we were still on. She replied in a couple minutes with "Sorry.. very busy today. Can we reschedule?" I brushed it off as a fluke and agreed to speak the next day. On the phone, she was very nice and asked the standard screening questions. She told me that she wanted to set up an in-person appointment and I was contacted by an administrative assistant within a few hours to schedule.

At the interview, I met with three people, all of whom were very friendly and asked their own style of questions regarding my background, fit for the role, and personality. However, out of the three people I met with, only one was among those that I was previously told I'd be speaking to - the remaining two were brought in hastily, as the others were busy with other commitments. I conducted phone interviews with these missing people later in the week. I received lots of positive feedback and felt confident that I would be moving onto next stages.

A week later, after e-mailing HR to check on the status of my application, I was told that CafePress had "made the difficult decision not to hire for this role at all". This reflected an overall sense of disorganization that I sensed at CafePress. The woman who would have been my manager even confided during the interview that processes are not well-defined at the company and that I would have to be comfortable working with undefined and inconsistent variables at all times. I took it as a challenge that I was up for, but after seeing that CafePress does things such as post jobs and go deep into the interview process without even being sure of whether or not they'll even make a hire, I think I dodged a bullet.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with vendor management?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about the product development life cycle?   Answer Question
    • How do you deal with prioritizing multiple projects with tight deadlines?   Answer Question

SEM Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CafePress (San Mateo, CA) in July 2012.

Interview

Had 2 phone interview and 1 onsite interview, where I met with 6 different people. All had very different expectations - felt like they all werent even talking about the same job role.

I was asked to contact HR after the interview for some veryfication. tried to get in touch with HR for 2 weeks, but got no response at all from their end.

Interview Questions

• How many sellers are there for car tires in the United States?   1 Answer