Caffè Nero Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Caffè Nero

2.1

Barista Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Caffè Nero (Boston, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

Very simple, easy. Basic questions, state availability. If hired, attend three days of induction where you learn about company image, how to make drinks. Afterwards, 3 maestro shifts for 1:1 training in the store.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Falkirk, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Caffè Nero (Falkirk, Scotland (UK)) in November 2013.

Interview

Apply online, manager calls, invites you to interview. Go to interview, manager talks about personal problems. Go for 2nd interview with manager and area manager. Go for On Job Trial.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Caffè Nero.

Interview

Group Interview, regardless of position applied. 1.5 wait to be interviewed by 5-6 people - about 2 minutes with everyone of them. If you need to practice your interview go, otherwise waste of time.

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to work for CN?
      What are your week points?   2 Answers

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brighton, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Caffè Nero (Brighton, England (UK)) in October 2018.

Interview

One to one interview with the area manager, not too formal, not too informal. I was asked about all aspects of my career from turnover of shops, to my general duties, and I was asked some questions about myself.

Very friendly interview, and I felt at home.

This was followed by a trial shift at the store a few days later, where I was greeted by the store manager, who took me to the office and gave me some uniform, followed by a chat about what I'd be doing for a couple of hours (mainly clearing tables and washing up)

Interview Questions

• Go through your cv and tell me about your career so far   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Caffè Nero (Leeds, England (UK)) in July 2016.

Interview

Applied online with my CV. A couple of weeks later the store manager called me for a telephone interview, easy questions like describe great customer service, can you get to the store daily etc. Then was invited to an interview in store with the same manager. Very relaxed, similar questions. Called a few days later to be offered the job.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe a time when you've shown great customer service? Have you had experience supporting your supervisors and how? Why do you want to work for us?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate.

Store Manager Interview

Interview

I was really looking forward to this interview, shame it turned out rubbish. My interview was conducted in a busy customer seating area. It was really loud and the music was blaring out. I could not think straight and I had to practically shout, straining my voice. The questions were intense, ones that you needed to think about, oh wait?

Whole process was unprofessional and disgraceful..I'm glad I got up and left.

Interview Questions

• How would you appease higher internal stakeholders?   1 Answer
    • They want to know about your KPI's and management.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Caffè Nero (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Handed in my CV in a store, was called in for an interview with the store manager who the referred me to the area manager. Both interviews were more like a friendly chat and I was then invited for an interview with the regional manager.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Shift Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Caffè Nero (Manchester, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

Easy and friendly, the manager was very easy going and made me feel comfortable. The whole interview was about 40 minutes and they got back to me after a day to offer an opportunity for a shadow shift.

Shift Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Egham, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Caffè Nero (Egham, England (UK)) in July 2016.

Interview

Questions about personality, of how to deal with some situations, my biggest flow. It was followed by the shadowing day where Maestro was showing me how to prepare the drinks. After that the management made the decision if I should be hired.

Shift Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Torquay, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Caffè Nero (Torquay, England (UK)) in May 2012.

Interview

Informal phone interview followed by a face-to-face interview. Following that, a trial shift and 20 hours dedicated to training. A 3 month probationary period is described, and a barista in training red t shirt must be worn until a test is taken to become a fully qualified barista and are able to work shifts without shadowing another member of staff.

Interview Questions

• Name a scenario where you have gone out of your way to help a member of the team?   Answer Question

Negotiation

N/A