Caffè Nero Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Caffè Nero Interview Questions

Updated Jan 30, 2017

2.0

Barista Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Caffè Nero (London, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online. The next day they called me on the phone, they asked me questions, I answered and they told me that they will call me, the next day they gave me an appointment for the Shadow Shift for the next day

Barista Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sheffield, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Caffè Nero (Sheffield, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

They rang me over the phone, the interviewer was quite friendly. It took just over ten minutes. There were pauses in my interview where the interviewer was jotting things down. Don't be tempted to fill in the silence like I did by trying to expand. Once you answer the question, just leave it.

Shift Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Caffè Nero.

Interview

Contacted by phone to arrange interview, interview at store location, arranged shadow shift after interview was over. Shadow shift the next day, they contact you with an offer/tell you you didn't get it afterwards.

Barista Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Caffè Nero (Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online, got a interview a week later, told of hear back within 24-48 hours by email but ended taking about 2 weeks to hear back and was declined in the end.

Barista Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Caffè Nero.

Interview

The interview process is ridiulous they phone you up, then you have to go for a 1 to 1 interview some of the questions were irrelevant to the job. They said they would be in contact 2 days after the interview. That never happened it took 4 weeks to hear back from them and by then I had gone for a interview at costa heard back from them straight away. After getting a phone call saying I was successful by this point I had a job at costa. So cafe nero need to up their game a bit.

Barista Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clitheroe, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Caffè Nero (Clitheroe, England (UK)) in September 2016.

Interview

The whole experience was very pleasant and friendly putting me at ease. When I arrived I was offered a free drink and the interview was more of a friendly chat than a formal situation. When the interview was over I was told that I would get a call the same day or the next to tell me if I had been offered a shadowing shift.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to show a sense of urgency   Answer Question
    • What one thing would you like to improve about yourself?   Answer Question
    • What three things in life are the most important to you? In work and outside of work.   Answer Question

Barista Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dundee, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Caffè Nero (Dundee, Scotland (UK)) in August 2016.

Interview

very quick, didnt ask many questions, just concerned with the hours i could work. i was givern a contract and asked to sign it, but not really givern a chance to read it. was told to sign an additional bit where i agreed to stay on late at night (although they failed to mention this was unpaid but compulsery)

Barista Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Caffè Nero (London, England (UK)) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied in the store, in the same day they called me and I was invited for an interview in the store. The man who interviewed me was nice. He said they were going to contact me in the next few days, even if i didn't receive an offer, but never did.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a problem you had when you were working and what you did to solve it.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Caffè Nero (Leeds, England (UK)) in July 2016.

Interview

Applied online with my CV. A couple of weeks later the store manager called me for a telephone interview, easy questions like describe great customer service, can you get to the store daily etc. Then was invited to an interview in store with the same manager. Very relaxed, similar questions. Called a few days later to be offered the job.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe a time when you've shown great customer service? Have you had experience supporting your supervisors and how? Why do you want to work for us?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate.

Trainee Barista Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Caffè Nero (London, England (UK)) in June 2016.

Interview

Face to face interview- Two days' training.
    The manager called me after I gave my CV to the manager into another store. She asked me by phone if I was available for an interview the day after and consequently for a training with other potential employees.
    After these steps I started the next week and it was a total committed immersion.

Interview Questions

• I talked about my passions, my capabilities and my soft skills   Answer Question