Caffè Nero Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Caffè Nero Interview Questions

Updated Aug 29, 2017

2.0

Barista Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Caffè Nero.

Interview

Required to attend 2 separate interviews with the store manager and area manager and a trial shift. All unpaid and it was a bit of a joke when just applying for a small job. It look three days of paid work away from me.

Barista Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Caffè Nero (London, England (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied in person and they called me four days later. The interview was really nice, the manager and her friend (who worked as barista for years) were asking me different questions about why I wanted to work there. They were really nice, and although I had no offer, it was clear that the manager was a good person and just wanted to recruit the best for the role.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Caffè Nero?   Answer Question
    • What do you consider is the best approach of a good costumer service?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if you are in the till and a rude costumer starts to turn the shop ambient into something negative?   Answer Question

Barista Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Caffè Nero in April 2017.

Interview

I was interviewed in store, I walked in and introduced myself and was offered a free coffee by the manager. The interview itself was really nice and relaxed. I felt nervous on the way there, (as I always do before an interview) however as soon as the manager started talking to me I instantly relaxed. The store itself had a lovely atmosphere and the manager was really positive and friendly. I was asked standard interview questions but it felt like more of a chat among friends. She told me about how she runs the store, the training and the perks of working there. When the interview came to an end she told me I had done really well, thanked me for attending and told me she would be in touch within 48 hours. I left feeling very good about myself. I haven't heard back from them as I only had the interview this morning but it was overall a very positive experience, I have had many interviews in recent weeks and this was the best one yet.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you have dealt with a customer complaint and how you handled it.   Answer Question
    • Discuss a time when you have had to deal with a confrontation between colleagues.   Answer Question
    • What is something you would like to improve about yourself?   Answer Question
    • Name 3 things that you feel are important to you in life and work.   Answer Question
    • Where have you worked previously, why did you leave.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your interests.   Answer Question
    • What is good customer service to you?   Answer Question
    • What do you think are the main responsibilities of a barista?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about Caffe Nero? Are you a customer?   Answer Question

Barista Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Caffè Nero (London, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online. The next day they called me on the phone, they asked me questions, I answered and they told me that they will call me, the next day they gave me an appointment for the Shadow Shift for the next day

Barista Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sheffield, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Caffè Nero (Sheffield, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

They rang me over the phone, the interviewer was quite friendly. It took just over ten minutes. There were pauses in my interview where the interviewer was jotting things down. Don't be tempted to fill in the silence like I did by trying to expand. Once you answer the question, just leave it.

Shift Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Caffè Nero.

Interview

Contacted by phone to arrange interview, interview at store location, arranged shadow shift after interview was over. Shadow shift the next day, they contact you with an offer/tell you you didn't get it afterwards.

Barista Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Caffè Nero (Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online, got a interview a week later, told of hear back within 24-48 hours by email but ended taking about 2 weeks to hear back and was declined in the end.

Barista Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Caffè Nero.

Interview

The interview process is ridiulous they phone you up, then you have to go for a 1 to 1 interview some of the questions were irrelevant to the job. They said they would be in contact 2 days after the interview. That never happened it took 4 weeks to hear back from them and by then I had gone for a interview at costa heard back from them straight away. After getting a phone call saying I was successful by this point I had a job at costa. So cafe nero need to up their game a bit.

Barista Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clitheroe, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Caffè Nero (Clitheroe, England (UK)) in September 2016.

Interview

The whole experience was very pleasant and friendly putting me at ease. When I arrived I was offered a free drink and the interview was more of a friendly chat than a formal situation. When the interview was over I was told that I would get a call the same day or the next to tell me if I had been offered a shadowing shift.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to show a sense of urgency   Answer Question
    • What one thing would you like to improve about yourself?   Answer Question
    • What three things in life are the most important to you? In work and outside of work.   Answer Question

Barista Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dundee, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Caffè Nero (Dundee, Scotland (UK)) in August 2016.

Interview

very quick, didnt ask many questions, just concerned with the hours i could work. i was givern a contract and asked to sign it, but not really givern a chance to read it. was told to sign an additional bit where i agreed to stay on late at night (although they failed to mention this was unpaid but compulsery)