CalFirst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

CalFirst Interview Questions

Updated Oct 5, 2017

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CalFirst (Irvine, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Four parts: first met with the recruiter, then a person from the sales team that I would be assigned to, an in depth interview with a V.P. that has obviously worked there a long time and then about 2 minutes with the president.

Credit Analyst Interview

Interview

Got an email to arrange a phone interview. Most of the interview questions are asked through the phone so be prepared. After a phone interview, there is a 1-on-1 interview with 3 people: first you meet with the recruiter (the one that phone interviewed you) then the CCO, and finally the Finance Manager. Most questions are character questions when you meet the recruiter. Then the CCO asks to tell him about yourself and he tells you about his background working on wall street (like an ice breaker). Finance manager explains in great detail what type of work you will be doing and if this type of job suits you.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at CalFirst (Irvine, CA).

Interview

First it's a phone call, then they invite you for an in-person interview if they like you. The VP who will be your boss interviews you in round 2. Then they take you to meet another SVP and the CEO. Meeting the CEO can be intimidating, but he's a nice guy. And you are only with him for under a minute, so make sure you prepare something smart.

Interview Questions

• What do you think is harder, inside sales or outside sales?   Answer Question

Commercial Finance Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CalFirst (New York, NY).

Interview

Brief introductory phone call where they went over the position posting. Described mostly a sales position with limited professional growth and no on-site training. Training mostly on the flly.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself and your professional and educational background   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CalFirst (Irvine, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

Phone screen with HR. This lasted about 20 minutes, just asked general background questions off of your resume. Then came a 60~90 minute in person interview with VP of sales, VP of the company and finally a 1-minute introduction to the owner. The VP of sales will talk a lot regarding the company and what they do there and does not ask many questions. Be attentive

Interview Questions

• Are you currently interviewing with any other companies?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CalFirst.

Interview

6 executive members of CalFirst interviewed in a group interview process. But I believe they are not doing that style of interview anymore, because a new HR personal was hired after me. Now it is different.

Interview Questions

• What is a challenge that you have over come in the recent past.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CalFirst (Irvine, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted by HR with an initial phone interview. After the phone interview, I was invited in to interview with several representatives of the company varying from the senior VP to account executives.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CalFirst (Irvine, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview lasted about 20 minutes. I was asked if I had prior sales experience (which they knew from my resume that I did not) and if that experience involved pay plus commission. They seemed to be more interested than commission based pay. The corporate recruiter (old guy in his late 70s) tells you that the starting salary is $50,000 base pay plus a draw on commissions, full medical and dental benefits and matching 401K. He explains that it will take a full 8 months before you will realize a sale. You have to make 50-80 calls a day. You must stay within your assigned area. I was told if they were interested I'd be hearing from a Sales Manager who would set up a second interview. Make sure to go on their two websites (they do bank loans and leasing equipment) before the interview so you can speak intelligently about the company.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any prior sales experience?   Answer Question
    • Q: Did that experience involve commissions?   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at CalFirst.

Interview

Easy interview with the recruiter in HR. Met with the sales manager right away on the same day. They set up the SVP interview the next day. The process was quicker than other companies.

Interview Questions

• How many calls do you make a day?   1 Answer

Telemarketing position not account management

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at CalFirst (Irvine, CA).

Interview

I applied online and got a phone call from a recruiter. The initial meeting was first with the recruiter, where he went over the company, responsibilities, and pay. Then asked if you are able to come in for a group interview, which occurred later in the evening. My group interview got cancel because they decided to do 1-1 interviews instead. I met with the VP and then with two hiring managers.