CalFirst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

Sort:

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at CalFirst (Irvine, CA).

Interview

First it's a phone call, then they invite you for an in-person interview if they like you. The VP who will be your boss interviews you in round 2. Then they take you to meet another SVP and the CEO. Meeting the CEO can be intimidating, but he's a nice guy. And you are only with him for under a minute, so make sure you prepare something smart.

Interview Questions

• What do you think is harder, inside sales or outside sales?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CalFirst (Irvine, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted by HR with an initial phone interview. After the phone interview, I was invited in to interview with several representatives of the company varying from the senior VP to account executives.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CalFirst (Irvine, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Four parts: first met with the recruiter, then a person from the sales team that I would be assigned to, an in depth interview with a V.P. that has obviously worked there a long time and then about 2 minutes with the president.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at CalFirst (Irvine, CA).

Interview

I applied online and got a phone call from a recruiter. The initial meeting was first with the recruiter, where he went over the company, responsibilities, and pay. Then asked if you are able to come in for a group interview, which occurred later in the evening. My group interview got cancel because they decided to do 1-1 interviews instead. I met with the VP and then with two hiring managers.

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at CalFirst (Irvine, CA) in December 2013.

Interview

one on one with Hiring manager and then a group interview. Very fast process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at CalFirst (Irvine, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

Got a call from a recruiter and came in for a 1 on 1 interview with a vp and two new dm's. Also met with two other executives I think one was the owner. My impression of the first vp I met with and the 2 dm's was not positive. One was unshaven and his shirt was wrinkled and dirty. The two dm's seemed to have very little leadership skills.

Interview Questions

• One of the dm's asked why sales? He seemed to be disqualifying me not qualifying me.   Answer Question

I declined because after meeting with them I did not think the company was a professional organization where I could have career advancement.

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at CalFirst (Irvine, CA) in February 2011.

Interview

1on1 with HR, then group panel. Questions are pretty straight forward. They want to see that you are competitive. They may ask questions that pit you against your competitor.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a book you read recently   1 Answer

Negotiation

none

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CalFirst (Irvine, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview lasted about 20 minutes. I was asked if I had prior sales experience (which they knew from my resume that I did not) and if that experience involved pay plus commission. They seemed to be more interested than commission based pay. The corporate recruiter (old guy in his late 70s) tells you that the starting salary is $50,000 base pay plus a draw on commissions, full medical and dental benefits and matching 401K. He explains that it will take a full 8 months before you will realize a sale. You have to make 50-80 calls a day. You must stay within your assigned area. I was told if they were interested I'd be hearing from a Sales Manager who would set up a second interview. Make sure to go on their two websites (they do bank loans and leasing equipment) before the interview so you can speak intelligently about the company.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any prior sales experience?   Answer Question
    • Q: Did that experience involve commissions?   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at CalFirst.

Interview

Easy interview with the recruiter in HR. Met with the sales manager right away on the same day. They set up the SVP interview the next day. The process was quicker than other companies.

Interview Questions

• How many calls do you make a day?   1 Answer

Telemarketing position not account management

Leasing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CalFirst (Irvine, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

I applied online via the website and then received an invitation to attend a group meeting after phone interview. However, 2 weeks later some lady email me saying to send her a resume for another job posting even though there's only one job listing for this company. Anyways I get the phone call for the interview 2 weeks later and then extended invitation to move on to the group meeting within the following weeks. Never happened. Same thing happened back in 2006.