CalPERS Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at CalPERS

2.7

Sort:

INTERN- Alternative Investments Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CalPERS in September 2007.

Interview

1.) one on one 2.) several phone interview 3.) group interview they seem pretty nice. team consensus decision makers. seems like a great place to work but unfortunately i didnt get a offer. nonetheless no hard feelings on my part glad to had a chance. seems like a great place to learn.

Senior Technical Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CalPERS (Sacramento, CA) in September 2011.

Interview

I met with 2 hiring managers. They asked technical questions on various topics related to the job. They gave me sample scenarios to address. The interview lasted for about an hour. Later in the week I was called back to meet with the head of the department where the job was located. That meeting was more casual with an emphasis on my past experiences as it related to the job. A week later I was given their decision ... to hire me.

Interview Questions

• How did I go about resolving defects that were not part of the code I wrote?   Answer Question

Information Systems Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CalPERS (Sacramento, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

Interview conducted by a panel of managers. Pretty standard. They asked me questions about my people skills, communication skills, prioritization, and technical skills. Questions aimed around figuring out how you would react in different situations when faced with problems where you don't know the solutions.

Interview Questions

• What is your IT experience?   1 Answer

Associate Governmental Program Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CalPERS (Sacramento, CA) in August 2011.

Interview

Interviewed by two people. I was given a set of raw data and instructed to create charts and graphs with the data in excel and create a presentation in power point. Following this I was required to present the powerpoint to 2 panel interviewers.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to explain the data and how it relates to the organization as far as retirment and pension information. This is difficult to do when you are not an insider.   Answer Question

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CalPERS (Sacramento, CA).

Interview

Pretty standard and easy interview. You're given a moment to look over the interview questions. You will likely be asked about your ability to prioritize/manage assignments and strengths/weaknesses. Just be friendly and personable! I pretty sure I botched my interview by being overly eager and asking about advancement opportunities. Lesson learned!

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CalPERS (Sacramento, CA) in March 2010.

Interview

The interview process was very laid back. Two people interviewed me at the same time, mostly asking questions about my resume and outside life. I did not prepare very well and thought that I came off a little nervous (probably did, but inside recommendation probably helped); however, I was offered the job after several weeks.

Interview Questions

• I see that you like to coach, how can these skills be transferred to the office environment?   Answer Question

Financial Interview

Application

Interview

Four people interviewed me and the interview was more like a conversation. All staff members were friendly and helpful. They were patient to listen to your questions. The interview took about 30 minutes.

BAS Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at CalPERS (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

Asked 5 questions which are basic and straight forward and the timeframe was 25 minutes. 5 minutes for me to ask questions. five people were present and I was asked 5 different set of questions. They answered my questions and told me they get back to my candidature in a week or two.

Seasonal Clerk Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CalPERS in April 2014.

Interview

I applied for the position through current employee referral. It took me 2 weeks to receive a call to interview after online application. I was interviewed by two guys in CalPERS and they took turns to ask me many questions. As it's just a seasonal clerk position, most questions are behavior ones that I prepared.

Interview Questions

• What do you learn about the differences between Actuarial Office and Investment Office?   Answer Question

Benefit Program Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at CalPERS (Sacramento, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

Entered office and was greeted by front desk employee. Another employee came by and escorted me to the interview room. The interview panel consisted of 2 supervisors and 1 manager. They all introduced themselves and explained in general the duties of the job I am interviewing for. The interview consisted of 10 questions. Each interviewer alternated asking questions. Once all 10 questions were answered, they asked if I had any questions. After that, they informed they should be making a decision within 2 weeks and then escorted me out of the office.