California's Great America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 3, 2017

1.6

Food Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at California's Great America (Santa Clara, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Easy interview, asked me three questions and to briefly talk about myself. Sometimes the interviews are in groups but I was late due to miscommunication but they told me it was no problem so it was just solo interviews

Merchandise Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at California's Great America (Santa Clara, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

It was a group interview consisting of about 10 people. The whole interview was basically an icebreaker activity that you would do at school, nothing too difficult. Almost everyone was accepted and the explanation of the processing phase to get the job was clear.

Interview Questions

• Draw 3 things that describe you   Answer Question
    • If you were on a deserted island, what 3 items would you bring?   Answer Question
    • Given 2 scenarios at Great America, answer on how you would deal with the problems.   Answer Question

Aquatics Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at California's Great America (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

Application, phone interview, on site interview. Since Cedar fair is a large company and mostly hires from within, expect a lengthy process from start to finish. However all memebers of the staff are very transparent throughout the process and great to work with.

Ride Operator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at California's Great America.

Interview

The lady who interviewed me was tired from interviewing so many teens, but she was very kind during the whole process. The questions she asked were pretty easy. If you do a bit of preparation before you go, it's a breeze.

Merchandise Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at California's Great America (Santa Clara, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Group interview process was horribly set up, had 6 people at two tables and the first thing we did was set up a marble course and we had to use team work, and communication to help set it up. Second part, they gave us two situations and we had to talk about how we would solve it, almost both group had those kids who kept talking and talking to get all the attention, also one of the reasons why the group interview was horribly set up. It was a terrible experince for me especially since it was my first interview. Great America's interview process is horrible because nobody gets to voice their own opinion on questions, and only one person gets to answer for the whole group. I think the whole hiring staff of GA should be fired or they should get someone with a brain in there to help their interview process.

Interview Questions

• How would you help a lady pushing a stroller and holding a baby get to her table.   Answer Question

Food Service Associate Interview

Application

Interview

We had a simple group interview. They hired everybody who applied for the job. We had to build a marble roller coaster out of weird pieces. We were required to draw three things that represented us.

Entertainment Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at California's Great America (Santa Clara, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

This was my third year at Great America, so my boss already knew me, and the interview was essentially a formality. In none of my three interviews at this company were the questions all that difficult to answer.

Interview Questions

• What's your biggest pet peeve?   1 Answer

Makeup Artist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Cruz, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at California's Great America (Santa Cruz, CA).

Interview

Received call from hiring manager to come in for interview. Told to prepare for makeup demo by bringing in a model and my own makeup supplies. Questions about past job duties. Show examples of past work. 20 min makeup application demo.

Interview Questions

• Past makeup artist jobs. How I helped talent backstage. Dealing with young talent.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None, set rate

Theater Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at California's Great America (Santa Clara, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

You will find out when the interviews will be a few weeks before they happen.This will give you enough time to apply online.The interviews will be when there is entertainment auditions for shows that summer.You will know after the interview if you are hired or not so the process is pretty fast

Interview Questions

• How will you handle a guests concern about the show being cancelled last minute   Answer Question

Human Resources Associate Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at California's Great America.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted through email. Had a one-on-one interview. Questions mainly about past experience and was given the expectations for the role. Had to decline because pay was incredibly low for the demands and high expectations of the role.

Do have to note that CGA seems really worn down, including the offices. Kind of dingy. I hope the company does well and can afford to revamp and clean up their appearance.