California's Great America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

California's Great America Interview Questions

Updated May 14, 2017

1.5

Ride Operator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at California's Great America.

Interview

The lady who interviewed me was tired from interviewing so many teens, but she was very kind during the whole process. The questions she asked were pretty easy. If you do a bit of preparation before you go, it's a breeze.

Merchandise Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at California's Great America (Santa Clara, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Group interview process was horribly set up, had 6 people at two tables and the first thing we did was set up a marble course and we had to use team work, and communication to help set it up. Second part, they gave us two situations and we had to talk about how we would solve it, almost both group had those kids who kept talking and talking to get all the attention, also one of the reasons why the group interview was horribly set up. It was a terrible experince for me especially since it was my first interview. Great America's interview process is horrible because nobody gets to voice their own opinion on questions, and only one person gets to answer for the whole group. I think the whole hiring staff of GA should be fired or they should get someone with a brain in there to help their interview process.

Interview Questions

• How would you help a lady pushing a stroller and holding a baby get to her table.   Answer Question

Entertainment Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at California's Great America (Santa Clara, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

This was my third year at Great America, so my boss already knew me, and the interview was essentially a formality. In none of my three interviews at this company were the questions all that difficult to answer.

Interview Questions

• What's your biggest pet peeve?   1 Answer

Makeup Artist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Cruz, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at California's Great America (Santa Cruz, CA).

Interview

Received call from hiring manager to come in for interview. Told to prepare for makeup demo by bringing in a model and my own makeup supplies. Questions about past job duties. Show examples of past work. 20 min makeup application demo.

Interview Questions

• Past makeup artist jobs. How I helped talent backstage. Dealing with young talent.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None, set rate

Theater Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at California's Great America (Santa Clara, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

You will find out when the interviews will be a few weeks before they happen.This will give you enough time to apply online.The interviews will be when there is entertainment auditions for shows that summer.You will know after the interview if you are hired or not so the process is pretty fast

Interview Questions

• How will you handle a guests concern about the show being cancelled last minute   Answer Question

Human Resources Associate Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at California's Great America.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted through email. Had a one-on-one interview. Questions mainly about past experience and was given the expectations for the role. Had to decline because pay was incredibly low for the demands and high expectations of the role.

Do have to note that CGA seems really worn down, including the offices. Kind of dingy. I hope the company does well and can afford to revamp and clean up their appearance.

Food Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at California's Great America (Santa Clara, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

When I arrived I filled out an availability form and then waited 5-10 minutes before getting interviewed. The interviewer was very laid back and nice. He started talking about what the job involves and then asked a few fairly easy questions. After accepting the position I read and initialed papers while he went in-depth about the hiring process. It took about a total of 45 min -1 hr

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here ?   1 Answer
    • How would you handle an angry customer ?   1 Answer
    • What would you do if your co-worker was slacking off ?   1 Answer
    • Describe a time you received great customer service   1 Answer

Ride Operator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at California's Great America.

Interview

A four to five hour line of chaos that you see people cutting into all the time. Also some people get to just skip the line do to who they know. To a 2 min interview that is a joke.

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to work here?   1 Answer

Food Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at California's Great America (Santa Clara, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Basic questions about customer service and interactions in the work environment. The number of questions asked is around 5-7. I was also asked what were my strong points and what were my weaknesses and what position/where in the park I felt comfortable working.

Interview Questions

• A coworker is helping a customer. He doesn't know the answer, do you help him, do nothing or report it to your supervisor?   Answer Question

Park Services Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at California's Great America in June 2015.

Interview

Fairly easy interview. Took a few minutes to fill out paperwork, and then waited around 30 minutes for the actual interviewer to arrive. Asked me general situational questions. Offered the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• How would you react to a customer who is angry at you for throwing away their food too early?   Answer Question