Calloway Labs Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Calloway Labs Interview Questions

Interviews at Calloway Labs

2.8

Lab Technician Interview

Interview

ee in Chemistry. My experience includes three years of organic and metallic synthesis in an academic laboratory setting. I also have three years of experience with analytic chemistry methods and procedures in academic, industry and independent project settings. I know that I would be a great fit for your company and would be able to contribute immediately. Your facility would gain an individual who is dependable, motivated, and personable. My many experiences ensure that I am an in

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Calloway Labs in June 2013.

Interview

First step was a phone interview with the RSM. It wasn't really much of an interview, he wanted me to tell him what I knew about the industry and the company. He then talked about the expectations of the chosen candidate and his managerial style. He called back the next day and offered me a f2f interview. I was required to drive 260 miles for the interview (no mileage reimbursement offered) I arrived 15 minutes early for the interview which was at a hotel, and went to the front desk to let them know I was there. The front desk clerk pointed to two gentlemen sitting about 50 feet away at a table and said he thought that was him because the guy sitting with him came in earlier and stated he had an interview with him also. So, I stayed at the front desk and waited for them to get finished. I felt a little awkward because I have never been on an interview where I could see the person interviewing ahead of me. When they finished and the guy left with a "Hey I will see ya later" note he came over to get me. Interview consisted of him asking me a series of psychological questions typed on 2 sheets of paper and him taking notes while I answered these strange questions. Only one question was asked about my sales rankings and experience. He also informed me that he was a Psychology major, thus the reason for the psychological questions. I felt I was being interviewed for a college student's thesis paper rather than for a job. Very unprofessional setting and interview.

Interview Questions

• Who is your Hero?   Answer Question
    • Would you rather ask for permission or ask for forgiveness (stated there is no right or wrong answer)   1 Answer

Junior Chemist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woburn, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Calloway Labs (Woburn, MA) in August 2012.

Interview

I had a brief phone interview before coming in... Nothing too out of the ordinary (mainly just to make sure I was interested in the position, which I was).

I first met with one of the lab supervisors, and she explained the position, daily tasks, expectations, etc. She asked me a lot of basic questions about my previous work experience and education background, as well as what type of career I may be interested in pursuing as I had just graduated from college. She also showed me around the lab a little bit.

I then met with the HR woman who was not nearly as friendly. Many of her questions were textbook-questions, and a lot of the same questions that the lab supervisor had asked me previously. She asked what my favorite job had been up until now, if I work well in a group or individually, and other basic questions. When the interview was over, she said that I would hear back within a couple of weeks and did not move from behind her desk - she shook my hand from across the desk and pointed me towards the door.

I did not hear back within a couple of weeks, so I called and emailed to check on the status of my application (spread out over 1-2 weeks). I left 3 messages on the phone and had sent 2 emails as replies to my initial "thank you" emails to both the lab supervisor and the HR woman and I never heard back.

Interview Questions

• What was your favorite job up until now, and what did you enjoy about it?   Answer Question

Laboratory Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woburn, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Calloway Labs (Woburn, MA).

Interview

It was brutal. First you meet with hr and your immediate supervisor then if you pass that you come back to meet with a senior hr member then if you pass that you have to interview with the president. Three different interviews on three different days.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult boss?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Calloway Labs.

Interview

The initial interview was held at a local Panera Bread. The person I interviewed with was very polite and professional and a pleasure to sit down with.
    The next day after that first interview I received a call from a different manager stating that my interviewer loved me and thought I would be a great fit. I was excited but that blahhh part was I had to follow up that first initial interview with two more interviews at a local coffee shop almost 2 hours away from my home. Which was also almost 2 hours away from the site I would be working at. That dragged but I got thru it. They were basically FaceTime interviews with HR.

Interview Questions

• What was the reason you are no longer employed with your previous employer.   1 Answer

Field Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woburn, MA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Calloway Labs (Woburn, MA) in January 2010.

Interview

One interview with local management, One webcam interview with Woburn, MA management, Three interviews in Woburn, MA with Upper management. Interviews were fairly laid back, but I would say do your research on the company, and toxicology in general.

Interview Questions

• They will ask for information you know about the company.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Calloway Labs.

Interview

Three interviews, phone interview, and two web cam interviews. One with your supervisor and one with your supervisor and HR

Interview Questions

• Name a time that you had conflict and how did you handle it   Answer Question

Chemist II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woburn, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Calloway Labs (Woburn, MA) in July 2012.

Interview

laid back interview with supervisor and manager (couldn't tell which was which though). i had more questions about the company and environment than they did about me, which seemed to impress them. both employees no longer work at the company, so while the idea is relevant, the actual information is likely to be less helpful.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience working with LC-MS/MS or GC-MS?   Answer Question

Back Office Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woburn, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Calloway Labs (Woburn, MA) in June 2014.

Interview

The interview was quick and they seemed to like me. I did not go further in the process after doing my research and reading about legal troubles they had gone through in regards to allegations that the company defrauded Medicaid. Part of the reason I really began to look into it was because they seemed so desperate to get anyone in there. Hopefully they have put those legal issues behind them.

Billing Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Calloway Labs.

Interview

The interview process was quite easy. I applied online, and Human Resources called within a week to schedule an interview. I met with the HR person and the Billing Supervisor, then the Director of Billing.
    The asked typical interview questions. Overall just a typical meh..interview. I got the offer the next day.

Interview Questions

• Do you work better as part of a team, or better independently?   Answer Question