Calypso Technology Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Calypso Technology Interview Questions

Updated Jan 18, 2017

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Calypso Technology (San Francisco, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Interview process consisted of 2 stages: Phone interview followed by onsite interview. Phone interview lasted for 45-60 mins and focused on questions about my prior experience and some basic tech questions (collections, list, set, transient). My onsite interview was taken by different members of the team where the position was based. The questions focused on design patterns and specific solution to the problems given.

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Calypso Technology (San Francisco, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview process started with a call from a Calypso recruiter. After the recruiter screening, I was invited to come to the San Francisco office for in-person interviewing. When I arrived at the office, I first met with the hiring manager. Afterwards, I also met with three different technical writers. All interviewers were friendly. The office is located downtown and above a BART station for easy commuting.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle multiple jobs at the same time?
      Would mundane portions of documentation be okay for you to work on?
      Do you perform well under tight deadlines.
      1 Answer

Professional Services Interview

Interview

Technical interview was not very difficult but strong fundamental is needed.
    2 rounds of telephonic and final round of Face to face interview all technical . Final round is HR interview . Compensation is decided right on spot.

Interview Questions

• Basic Java questions , collections , synchronization , serialization,   Answer Question

Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Calypso Technology (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

I had 2 phone interviews with the in-house recruiter (2 months apart). Both times was told I would be scheduled for interviews at the office in SF. Interviews were never scheduled, recruiter never followed up to decline or discontinue the process. Left hanging indefinitely ...

Professional Services Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Calypso Technology.

Interview

submitted resume online- got a call from the office manager. Met with the hiring manager and a few team mates. met with Sr manager a week later. Offer came within a week after that. There were no structured interview questions. Everyone I met was nice but no one knew to ask any questions that were relevant for the job. The company provides no training in that area. It seems to me they are more interested in ensuring they can put you on a client engagement without worrying about having you kicked off.

QA Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Calypso Technology.

Interview

I applied through my school's career website, the whole process took 3 weeks, lot of behavior questions, some technical questions but not hard, all about basics of derivatives, if you read John Hull's book and you will be fine

Interview Questions

• Basic questions about derivatives, calculate the price of bond, calculate delta of a option, etc.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Calypso Technology in October 2014.

Interview

I applied through my college. The interview process started with a telephonic round. Questions were completely focused on bringing out the understanding of OOPs concepts. Followed by it , there were two more rounds of telephonic interview in which questions were fired on all possible concepts of JAVA, especially on advanced java programming and Datastructures.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Calypso Technology (San Francisco, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

The hiring process was pretty long almost around 2 months due to holiday season.. Below are the steps
    1) HR contacted me via Email.
    2) Phone Interview - +ve feedback received the 1-2 days
    3) On Site Interview with New York Team - 2- 3 hours ( 4 -5 people)
       a) First interview was with Business side person - Was interesting and got all possible info about the project and the need for hire and about the company.
       b) Second was technical white boarding session. ( I found it easy)
       c) Third was again technical written Java test ( If you are Sun certified should be easy)
       d) Fourth was with a Project Manager
       e) 5-10 min with HR

4) Received +ve feedback again in 1-2 days and then set up a date after one month for another onsite interview in San Francisco Office ( one night Hotel + Flight tickets paid by company)

5) Onsite Interview with San Fran team was again for around 3 hours (4-5 people)
      a) First interview was again with the Same business person with NY where again i learnt more about the project and company.
      b) Second interview was pretty technical - core java and understanding of other technologies. They check how passionate you are about technologies
      c) Third interview was white boarding on a use case of online shopping Application like Amazon.. I enjoyed this as well and answered all questions.
      d) Fourth interview was with the 20% tech and 80% finance - Questions asked about options , Commodities, Bond Pricing etc..
      e) The the hiring manager /director which was like lunch and interview .. more on behavioral .

6) Received the feedback in 3-4 days.
    7) Negotiations for 1 week + on Salary and other logistics like Visa sponsorship ,relocation etc..
    8) Emailed offer Letter ..

My overall experience was pretty good. People here are friendly and welcoming.. They know what they are doing and what kind of people they are looking for.. I would say salary is ok ( 5-10 k less then market) not that great but i liked the project more so went for it..

Negotiation

Associate Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Calypso Technology in June 2014.

Interview

Very intensive and extensive. Its a whole long day if you pass the test and presentation. The test is not basic at all, there are 3 sessions - True/False, Multiple choice, and Essay. Study the front-middle-back duties etc, and know all the products they trade. True and False is tricky, learn your financial security concepts, and the essay question is easy just basic finance questions. After lunch, its 4 back to back interviews. They will ask you about your work experience so make sure you know what you did and articulate yourself. COME PREPARED!

Interview Questions

• What do you want to be in 5 years?   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Calypso Technology (San Francisco, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

The HR called for the HR interview discussing the overall work experience. This was followed by a technical interview where the resume was discussed and a few tasks were given to solve and a limited time was allocated to solve the task.