Cambia Health Solutions Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Cambia Health Solutions

2.6

Sort:

Associate Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cambia Health Solutions.

Interview

A new director asked me to apply for the position so I did. The next day I spoke to HR who was excited that I had applied and encouraged me to contact them with any questions and then nothing. No calls or emails so finally I had coffee with another staffer told me that I was being played and wouldn't be getting a call. He/she said to not worry about it though, that the new director already has a reputation for being "mean" and I should be glad to not get the job. Both Portland and Seattle's healthcare communities are very small and we all know one another. Despite the awards at Cambia the culture is changing and when I shared the incident at a community event recently others shared similar experiences internally where people are hiring friends over qualified candidates. It was a very disrespectful process and reflects poorly on how they treat staff and ultimately their patients.

Interview Questions

• When can you start? by HR person   1 Answer
    • What are you salary expectations?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cambia Health Solutions (Portland, OR) in June 2015.

Interview

Non-technical phone interview with HR, followed by an in-person non-technical interview with management. Everyone was nice and very respectful. They were curious about me as a person and how I would fit into their team.

Clerk I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cambia Health Solutions (Tacoma, WA) in January 2015.

Interview

I got a call about a week after I applied asking to take a typing. If you past the typing test, you get to more to the interview process. The test is online and sent to you an email so you can do it on your own time. The faster you take the test; the quicker you get your results to see if you more on or not. I passed the test and got another call about a couple of days later for the interview. It was general questions for your resume and a few give example questions.

Clerk II Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Cambia Health Solutions.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter that had referred my resume to Cambia Health Solutions about a phone interview. I did the phone interview and was contacted about the 2nd interview which was 2 panel. I went in, they were very welcoming and friendly and we seemed to share the same views on employee behaviors. The next day I was contacted and now I'm just waiting to start in 2 weeks after a background and drug screen approval.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle conflict? Name a time you had to work with difficult co workers?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cambia Health Solutions (Portland, OR) in May 2018.

Interview

Phone interview with the hiring manager and two team members. A week later I was in the office for multiple in-person interviews, some panel, over three hours with various managers of related teams, including a C-level participant.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle trying to further an initiative when you have pushback?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cambia Health Solutions (Portland, OR) in December 2017.

Interview

3 Interviews, 2.5 hours interviewing, 1.0 hour filling out supplemental materials

HR recruiter was disorganized and rude - apparently didn't have my current resume (and insisted that I had failed to send in the right one), hadn't reviewed any of the extensive supplementary materials she had requested me to fill out prior to our conversation, spoke in condescending tones throughout, and evidently didn't bother forwarding the current resume that I personally sent her during the interview to the Sr Analyst I was later scheduled to interview with.

The Sr Analyst was also quite rude, took a jab at my GPA for some community college courses (knowing I have an MS degree beyond those) and current financial status, and kept asking me about statistics coursework - only to later reveal towards the end of the interview that the job didn't require any statistics but was actually data management instead. I was not allowed the opportunity to ask any questions, nor did I learn what this analyst's role or background was.

The Supervisor I spoke with was wonderful, and we had a real conversation. I got a better sense of what her team was looking for, they allowed me to ask questions, and our discussion about the role their team was trying to fill was overall professional and respectful throughout.

Two of the three interviews left me with the impression that a culture of fear predominates at this organization, and posturing appears to be more important than meaningful conversation. I was genuinely excited about this potential opportunity when I was first asked to interview, but if this is how they treat their candidates then I can't imagine it gets much better.

Interview Questions

• So you've never REALLY reported to anyone at the *executive* level, have you?   1 Answer
    • Why did you only have a 3.1 GPA at the community college? What happened there?   1 Answer
    • So the real reason you applied for this job is because you're not making enough working for yourself, is that right?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cambia Health Solutions (Portland, OR).

Interview

First there was a screening phone call. Then there was an invitation to interview with the hiring managers. Then there was an opportunity to interview with a panel of co-workers.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Cambia? What drove you to apply for this position?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cambia Health Solutions.

Interview

non technical questions, applied online, phone interview with member of team. Interviewer was very nice. Simple, transparent process overall. HR / recruiting team was open , understanding, and timely in responses.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cambia Health Solutions (Portland, OR) in March 2016.

Interview

I had two interviews. One with my (now) boss, one with (now) teammates. Pretty low pressure environment, I felt comfortable. I came overly prepared and that was impressive to them.

Interview Questions

• Mostly about myself and past work experience. No typical, "what would you do if..." questions.   Answer Question

BSA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cambia Health Solutions (Portland, OR) in November 2013.

Interview

Applied and 3-4 weeks later received a call for a phone interview. They changed the phone interview the day before and asked that I come in. Interview was short and sweet, mainly focused on my history and skills. No behavioral type questions. Interview was with director and manager. I regret not asking about pay scale sooner as they do a credit check, background check, education verification, and call all references before even giving an offer.

Interview Questions

• They didn't ask any questions outside of what was on my resume   Answer Question

Could not negotiate salary; lower than expected.