Canaccord Genuity Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Canaccord Genuity Group

2.9

Accounts Payable Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Canaccord Genuity Group (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

Met the Controller, she was very nice and polite. But when she walked into the conference room very casual with a glass of water in her hand. it look to me like she wasn't prepared to interview anyone for a job position. I was asked the normal questions . Tell me about yourself, what is your current role at your present job, why are you looking to leave you current job..... I was asked to go back for a second interview.Met the HR person - very lovely person, she gave me a full description of the job and explain what will be my roll if I was chosen for the job opening. I was there over an hour waiting to meet with the CFO. Finally met with the CFO - very nice person, my impression of him was a very knowledgeable and straightforward. He gave me full details of the company and how it operates. I had a very good feeling about this. sadly it didn't work out for me.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Canaccord Genuity Group (New York, NY) in June 2011.

Interview

not intense; asked about current account package, knowledge of the territory; knowledge of revenue per desk in the territory; analyst relationships were important to the process as well as the trading styles/relationships

Interview Questions

• who are your best relationships   1 Answer

Negotiation

easy to negotiate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Canaccord Genuity Group (Boston, MA) in October 2013.

Interview

The first round interview was on my campus. It was a 30 minute interview with one of their first year analysts. About half of it was behavioral, the other half was technical. Definitely more of a technical focus than all of my other first round interviews. Make sure you know the obvious I-banking stuff (DCF and comparables valuation methods, basic M&A terminology, etc). In addition, brush up on your accounting related stuff (ie financial statements and things of that nature). As I finance major, I was somewhat rusty and it came back to bit me for sure.

Interview Questions

• If depreciation were to go up, how would this flow through each of the 3 major financial statements.   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Canaccord Genuity Group (Boston, MA) in April 2013.

Interview

4 interviews with associates/VP.
    Some fairly standard technical questions: "walk me through a DCF, "why are financial buyer ready to pay less than strategic buyers on average?" and some strategic questions such as "An electricity company buys a cable manufacturer, what are the possible synergies? How would you quantify them?"

Interview Questions

• No really difficult questions, but you might be interrupted as soon as the interviewer feels that you're comfortable with the answer. So get ready to sustain a barrage of questions until the end of the interview.   Answer Question

Canaccord Genuity is a great firm in its field imho, but I wasn't interested in mid-cap.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I interviewed at Canaccord Genuity Group (New York, NY) in November 2013.

Interview

I applied online through my University career website. The process took around 10 days in total and I had my first 1:1 interview on campus. It was done by a University alumn who worked as an Analyst at Canaccord, the questions were mostly behavioral, What's your story? Why are you interested in Finance? Why Canaccord? There were few technicals, Cash flows, DCFs etc.

Equity Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Canaccord Genuity Group (Houston, TX) in July 2012.

Interview

A recruiter contacted me and we talked a few times about my background and why I wanted to work there. Then an interview was set up with the MD and his associate who I would be working with. The day of the interview I took a short (5 question) test over finance, it was pretty easy. Then at the interview it was pretty laid back, my MD was intense but not too bad. They were mainly looking to see if I was a personality fit and to see if I had enough smarts to hack it.

Interview Questions

• Tell me an E&P company that you follow and whether you think it's a good investment or a bad investment and why   Answer Question

Equity Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Canaccord Genuity Group (San Francisco, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

I submitted my application through LinkedIn. I received a call after five days. I have not been asked any technical question. I was asked about by future plan, current job situation and why I wanted to get into equity research. I was asked me about my visa status. Pretty informal interview.

Interview Questions

• walk me through your resume
      What is your level of financial modeling?   Answer Question

Associate, Equity Research Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Canaccord Genuity Group (New York, NY) in December 2013.

Interview

The interview process was a formal 3 part interview beginning with a phone interview and continuing to 3 more in person interviews with both my (future) boss and the head of research.

Institutional Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Canaccord Genuity Group (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

Interviews with three members of the sales team in NY, interview with the head of sales trading in NY, interview with Canada-based salesperson, video interview w/ sales manager in London office.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in working for Canaccord Genuity?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Canaccord Genuity Group (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Very thorough and access to full team to learn about different components of the job and what would be required. In addition I felt I had a clear understanding of the role and what I would be able to contribute.