Canada Post Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

Sort:

Rural Carrier Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Canada Post (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

The interviewer made me feel so welcome and as ease. A few easy questions about my past experiences as well as why I want to work for Canada post.

Interview Questions

• coworker is having trouble keeping up on their work load. How would you handle that   2 Answers

Postal Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Canada Post.

Interview

Applied online, had to take a skill assessment (was focused heavily on delivery jobs, not what I ended up doing), passed the skill assessment and was called in for an interview. Passed the interview, had to have my fingerprints taken within a week & pay for criminal record checks. Lots of paperwork.

Computer Science Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Canada Post (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online.
    Got an email asking to schedule an exam to test my english and french skills.
    After a week, got a phone call telling me I've passed it, and to schedule the actual interview.
    The interview was with the Manager of the department, and one Engineer.
    Simple technical questions, a lot of behavioral questions. They allowed me to think of my answers first which I found pretty nice.

Process took a little bit more than a month.

Interview Questions

• Give me a situation where you and another team member did not get along and how'd you solve it.   Answer Question

Planning & Control Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Canada Post (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in July 2015.

Interview

2-person interview competency based interview and a written exam at the end of the process to measure writing/comprehension skills. The answers were to be provided using the STAR method (situation, task, action, results)

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had a conflict with a co-worker   Answer Question

CITY LETTER CARRIER Interview

Interview

Dinosaur company. Once in person they use the STAR type interview (just Google up about it).
    This has to be the coldest, most impersonal and subversive type of interview out there. Don't expect a human contact during this process. Tells a lot about this company, culture and people that get hired. Basically, there is no way to pass this interview while being honest. Makes me think that in fact many are hired by knowing someone inside the company. Why do they want to know how did I solve this or that situation? Who ever really 'solves' situations?

Clerk Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Canada Post in April 2007.

Interview

The interview was very quick as this was an entry level position.

Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Canada Post in January 2018.

Interview

Behavioral Questions , very easy, met with two managers, they asked if I want to ask them questions, then described what I would be doing, then I was invited for a second job interview, by then they had changed the job description, and I lost interest in the position because it was different than what was described to me initially.

Interview Questions

• Questions about leadership, project management, managing deadlines, excellence, taking initiative , ...etc   1 Answer

Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Canada Post (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in May 2013.

Interview

3 Interviews - the first was a quick interview with 2 Managers asking competency questions, second was with the hiring manager and director, third was a take home 48 hour case study that was presented to a panel of Directors.

Interview Questions

• They asked me for an example of how I handled ambiguous tasks   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Canada Post (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in March 2017.

Interview

Had to use the STAR method for 2 or 3 questions and had generic questions about your skill level in each section. The thing I hated the most was that interviewer promised to give me feedback on how to improve for interviews and I never got even a reply that I did not get the position. I found that extremely rude.

Business Development Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Canada Post.

Interview

Was asked to come in for an interview with HR and hiring manager. It was very structured. After the initial interview, I was invited for a second round. Overall, both were very pleasant but it felt so structured that it was difficult to judge "fit".

Interview Questions

• First round - all behavioural questions that aligned with their core values.
      Second round - more focused on resume and responsibilities of position.   Answer Question