Canyon Ranch Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 12, 2017

2.8

Medical Coording Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Canyon Ranch (Tucson, AZ).

Interview

The interview was process. I first met with Human Resources and was interviewed by them. They then passed me on to do a peer interview. This was an awesome thing because I was able to ask more specific questions pertaining to the job. My last interview was with the Medical Administrator.

Interview Questions

• What are you strengths? What is your medical background/experience? Do you understand HIPAA?   Answer Question

Web Developer Interview

Interview

I had 5 phone interviews totaling 3+ hours of time. After the last interview I got a canned email from the HR contact stating that they went with another candidate. I sent an email thanking them for their time and asking for any feedback, but got no reply. The impersonal email after so many phone calls is offputting.

Interview Questions

• Group/arrange 10+ web development concepts and explain your reasoning.   Answer Question

Line Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Canyon Ranch (Tucson, AZ) in February 2016.

Interview

Met with friendly but unintelligent HR person for long, drawn-out interview. Then was told to wait for 20 minutes to meet with a line cook for a "peer interview".. asked the same questions all over again. Was told would be contacted for another interview with Head Chef. Met with him for interview and was very unimpressed with the overall vibe of the kitchen and the employees.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with conflict in the kitchen? Explain a time you worked on a team. Explain a time you had a disagreement with a customer. Lots of negative questions.   Answer Question

Social Media Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Canyon Ranch.

Interview

The HR screening was good and positive, but beyond that the process was a bit flaky. Had to reschedule a number of times and literally was stood up once for a phone interview. Poor communication between interviews. For a brand that is centered on guest service, this leaves a poor impression.

Interview Questions

• What do you think of our current social media?   1 Answer

Guest Services Representative Lll Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Canyon Ranch (Tucson, AZ) in January 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Sent my resume in. Went for first interview with hr. Second interview with front desk manager. Drug test. Background test. Reference check. Sat down with front desk manager. More questions were asked and then I received a job offer. All and all the process was just like every other hotel I've applied at.

SPA Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Canyon Ranch.

Interview

Very relaxing, shown around the entire department, explained what the job entails, tour given by an employee. Get to see guest interactions and what the employees do day in and out.

Front Desk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Canyon Ranch.

Interview

phone interview with HR, then department manager. face to face with manager. hired

Interview Questions

• not to difficult. if you genuinely want to be there they will hire you   Answer Question

Outdoor Sports Guide Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Canyon Ranch (Tucson, AZ) in January 2014.

Interview

Phone interview, in person interview, interview hike (basically to see if you can hang on a hike - don't be at the back of the pack), background check, driving records check, physical exam, drug test. You'll be taking everyone from average people to celebrities on back-country hikes so a sense of confidentiality and professionalism is a must.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite hike?   1 Answer

Fitness Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Canyon Ranch (Miami, FL) in January 2013.

Interview

Thorough background check. Questions were relevant to job. Manager was very personable. Had tour of facility. Auditions for classes were required in front of the whole management team. Benefits and pay were comprehensively discussed. It was a three step process. They require a drug screening. They let you know if there are other candidates.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Pay scale was set according to experience and teaching speciality.

Program Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lenox, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Canyon Ranch (Lenox, MA) in December 2012.

Interview

Very thorough. Met with several levels of management throughout the facility, got a tour of the entire facility and explained pay, what benefits I was entitled to, sat with HR management. Entire process was personal and friendly. Felt very welcomed by all. Was told I would have access to classes and facilities as well as discounted services and apparel.

Interview Questions

• What made me a good fit for the position, where I saw myself in 5 years, how I deal with conflicts with customers, an example of how to diffuse a tense situation.   Answer Question