Canyon Ranch Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 28, 2017

2.8

Restaurant Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Canyon Ranch (Tucson, AZ) in September 2017.

Interview

After applying on-line, I was contacted by HR. I performed one interview with HR, one with mid-level dining management, and a last interview with the General Manager of dining. I was asked specific questions that were chosen out of several options by each person.

Interview Questions

• To describe an occasion when I went above and beyond to accommodate a guest.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Canyon Ranch (Tucson, AZ) in June 2017.

Interview

Phone message from AZ Recruiter (peoplesoft). I was unable to interview because the recruiter did not return my phone calls to her after she had left a message indicating she would like to discuss the position further. I do not understand why hiring a third party to interview a large company is acceptable considering HR is the front line of any business. Canyon Ranch is a large operation with a great mission & equally large price tag. After reviewing the many employee reviews online, there is a clear disconnect between corporate and operations. Most of the reviews from employees reflect a growing disparity between the mission and current best practices across the board. HR often complains about the lack o qualified "talent" insofar as prospective employees. The problem in this instance appears to be the lack of accountability & follow-through inherent in HR. If this person is not interested in finding actual talent, perhaps they should resign. There are capable, prospective employees willing to run circles around her disinterest and take the position off her hands. Someone from corporate should check into employee complaints and interview complaints. It is time to act and remove dead wood to keep this company sustainable and grow with the founder's mission - or risk ongoing failure to be competitive.

Interview Questions

• You applied for "left blank", can you please return my call to discuss this position?   3 Answers

Medical Coording Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Canyon Ranch (Tucson, AZ).

Interview

The interview was process. I first met with Human Resources and was interviewed by them. They then passed me on to do a peer interview. This was an awesome thing because I was able to ask more specific questions pertaining to the job. My last interview was with the Medical Administrator.

Interview Questions

• What are you strengths? What is your medical background/experience? Do you understand HIPAA?   Answer Question

Web Developer Interview

Interview

I had 5 phone interviews totaling 3+ hours of time. After the last interview I got a canned email from the HR contact stating that they went with another candidate. I sent an email thanking them for their time and asking for any feedback, but got no reply. The impersonal email after so many phone calls is offputting.

Interview Questions

• Group/arrange 10+ web development concepts and explain your reasoning.   Answer Question

Line Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Canyon Ranch (Tucson, AZ) in February 2016.

Interview

Met with friendly but unintelligent HR person for long, drawn-out interview. Then was told to wait for 20 minutes to meet with a line cook for a "peer interview".. asked the same questions all over again. Was told would be contacted for another interview with Head Chef. Met with him for interview and was very unimpressed with the overall vibe of the kitchen and the employees.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with conflict in the kitchen? Explain a time you worked on a team. Explain a time you had a disagreement with a customer. Lots of negative questions.   Answer Question

Social Media Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Canyon Ranch.

Interview

The HR screening was good and positive, but beyond that the process was a bit flaky. Had to reschedule a number of times and literally was stood up once for a phone interview. Poor communication between interviews. For a brand that is centered on guest service, this leaves a poor impression.

Interview Questions

• What do you think of our current social media?   1 Answer

Guest Services Representative Lll Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Canyon Ranch (Tucson, AZ) in January 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Sent my resume in. Went for first interview with hr. Second interview with front desk manager. Drug test. Background test. Reference check. Sat down with front desk manager. More questions were asked and then I received a job offer. All and all the process was just like every other hotel I've applied at.

SPA Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Canyon Ranch.

Interview

Very relaxing, shown around the entire department, explained what the job entails, tour given by an employee. Get to see guest interactions and what the employees do day in and out.

Front Desk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Canyon Ranch.

Interview

phone interview with HR, then department manager. face to face with manager. hired

Interview Questions

• not to difficult. if you genuinely want to be there they will hire you   Answer Question

Outdoor Sports Guide Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Canyon Ranch (Tucson, AZ) in January 2014.

Interview

Phone interview, in person interview, interview hike (basically to see if you can hang on a hike - don't be at the back of the pack), background check, driving records check, physical exam, drug test. You'll be taking everyone from average people to celebrities on back-country hikes so a sense of confidentiality and professionalism is a must.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite hike?   1 Answer