CapTel Interview Questions | Glassdoor

CapTel Interview Questions

Updated Feb 11, 2017

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at CapTel (Madison, WI) in November 2016.

Interview

Very nice ladies in recruiting--the receptionists were helpful in filling out the application online, then after a phone interview I was brought in for a skills assessment. Pretty basic skills tested, reading, spelling, repeating words, identifying errors, typing, etc., and then a more standard Q&A. We reviewed any time off I had coming up, and my availability for the position. The Recruiter was knowledgeable about the position, and I was offered a position on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in working here?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

Interview

I went in the main doors of the building, greeted the receptionist - a perfectly pleasant and professional woman with the brightest purple hair I've ever seen. She told me to wait in a chair in the lobby, so I did. A few minutes later, the woman who interviewed me came through a set of doors to my right, and escorted me down the hall to her office. There she asked a few basic questions about my understanding of what the company does, and gave me a few tests, including a spelling test, a typing speed test and a test to demonstrate my ability to repeat what was said to me over a set of headphones. I passed all the tests except the speech test, which she said she didn't pass the first time either. She gave me a slip of information (resources for practicing that skill) and told me to call back after doing some practice to schedule another interview to retest. She said if I pass that one, I will have the job.

Interview Questions

• Can you explain what a CapTel Captioning assistant does?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CapTel (Orlando, FL) in September 2016.

Interview

A typical day at work was waiting for phone calls to caption. Was required to follow strict rules, so was restricted to reading books in between calls. was constricted to a cubicle, was allowed to leave on scheduled 15 minute breaks and 30 minute lunch. Learned to follow strict rules, and to be punctual. Co-workers and I developed quick form of communication, since engaging to conversation longer than a minute was not allowed. That, the inability to be social, was the hardest part of the job. The most enjoyable was since it was a call relay center, no customer service skills were required, nor was a professional dress code needed.

Captel Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at CapTel (Tampa, FL).

Interview

You do a three step process, first repeating words from multiple audios. You do four audio recordings. And you have to get two in a row with no errors, in order to get the job. Then your tested on your typing speed, it has to be 135 wpm or above. Then theirs a spelling test you have to get more than 10 correct out of 20. Also if you pass that interview you'll be scheduled for a question and answer follow up phone interview. Where they ask questions like why do you want to work for this company? What can you contribute towards this company? How would one of you references describe you as an individual? What is your availability? The standard interview questions.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about our company? What does the Captel assistant do?   1 Answer

Captioning Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CapTel.

Interview

I was first asked what I knew of captel. Then they have you do a reading test, revoicing, spelling and listening to a tape while taping they do give you a pause pedal. I have to retake the revoicing test because I tried speaking on top of it. I saw that a lot of people struggled with this at first.

Interview Questions

• With the revoicing test you have to get two right back to back I didn't know this and I had actually passed two of the four but they weren't back to back. Take your time practice your typing as well. They want 35 words per minute which was super easy for me I did 44 and that was me going super slow. I really liked my interviewer she was very sweet and supportive and honestly practicing repeating after and audiobook not tv or radio   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at CapTel (Milwaukee, WI) in June 2016.

Interview

it was a series of tests based on spelling, ability to say what you hear, and type what you hear using a pause pedal. I am a fast typist and great speller, it was easy for me. Most everyone in the office tried to be nice, just treat everyone like you would want to be treated, every job has its challenges. I'm sure with the high turnover you get tired of jerks coming thru, and the tester/interviewer warmed up after I was honest, genuine and respectful.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CapTel (Milwaukee, WI) in February 2016.

Interview

Its not really an interview. They give you tests to see if you pass. A spelling test, typing test (must type what you hear thru headphones) and you must repeat word for word what you hear someone say as they are saying it (its harder than it sounds). Its a misnomer, that you don't need the skills before you interview and will be trained to attain them later. Its obvious they want you to have the skills before you are even trained but they make it seem as if that isn't the case when they set up the "interview."

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CapTel (Milwaukee, WI) in February 2016.

Interview

I went in for an initial interview and did the skills assessments. I did spelling, typing, revoicing, and error recognition. I passed all but the revoicing. I was told to come back in to re-test within a month. I practiced the revoicing at home and came back a week later to re-test. The second time it was very straightforward, I just revoiced and passed. After that, there was a traditional interview that asked about previous jobs and why I am interested in CapTel.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CapTel (Milwaukee, WI) in February 2016.

Interview

I wasn't asked any questions, they immediately started testing, and I did great in all except one, which was repeating what was said to me. I was told I could come back anywhere from 2-30 days to retest, and they called me today, 5 days later, to reschedule, without me calling them. I was there for 20 minutes.. honestly I kind of felt like it was a waste of time. I'm marking the interview part of this survey as very easy, because it was 20 minutes, of nothing in great depth..They could've at least done some other interviewing techniques other than just the testing. I paid 4 dollars to park for that?

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CapTel (Milwaukee, WI) in January 2016.

Interview

Interview process was relatively straight forward and simple. Once my application was submitted, I got an email to schedule a phone interview. During the phone interview I was given information about the company and scheduled an in-person interview and skill assessment test. At the interview, I was asked to do a few exercises to test my spelling, pronunciation, typing abilities, and asked basic interview questions. Very friendly and smooth process.

Interview Questions

• Were you able to give two weeks notice at your last job?   Answer Question