CapTel Interview Questions | Glassdoor

CapTel Interview Questions

Updated Aug 9, 2017

2.3

Training Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CapTel in June 2017.

Interview

There was a flyer on the recruitment board. Sent in a resume and cover letter. Was told by my supervisor that they had to fill out a recommendation survey on me. A few days after that I received an email from recruiting telling me the date and time of my interview.

It was a panel interview lasting about 50 minutes. Kind people but reminded me to answer in the format that was in the email they send (with the interview schedule). Format is a little hard to remember at times.

Interview Questions

• How are you at time management?   Answer Question
    • Name a situation where you had to change the way you normally did things and how did you adapt?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CapTel (Tampa, FL) in May 2017.

Interview

First part of interview took less than 30 minutes. If you pass that part of the interview you move on to the 2nd part which is a phone interview to go over your resume and previous job skills and availability.

Interview Questions

• They asked you to read a paragraph to see if you can enunciate and speak clearly.   Answer Question
    • They asked you to do a typing test.   1 Answer
    • You are asked to complete a spelling test.   Answer Question
    • The ask you to perform a skill called revoicing.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CapTel (Orlando, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

You are let into the building and escorted to a room with a specific interviewer. They ask you to perform simple tests such as a spelling test, a typing test, and a speech test one after the other.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to work with us for over 9 months?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CapTel (Orlando, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

Interview consisted of multiple tests, such as a simple 20-word spelling test, reading a passage out-loud for the recruiter to hear your pronunciation, a typing test where you listen to someone speak and type what they say with accuracy and minimum required speed of wpm limit, read and listen to someone say the passage you're reading and cross out words that are not the same, re-voice, which is listening to an audio piece in real-time and say exactly what they say. You have 3 chances but need to accurately re-voice what the audio says twice in a row. Also asks normal interview questions, what is your weakness and how do you fix it, etc

Interview Questions

• What does a Captioning Assistant do?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Appleton, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CapTel (Appleton, WI) in March 2017.

Interview

I submitted my resume online and was asked to complete an application. I was contacted later that day to schedule and interview. The next day, I went to my interview. I was given a spelling test, a typing test, and general interview questions. I was hired on the spot and began training the following week.

Captioning Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at CapTel (Milwaukee, WI) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview was pretty common. You have to take tests in order to get in the interview. You must pass a respecting verbatim test, a spelling large words test, and a WPM test. Once you pass the tests you will be moved on to the interview the same day right after.. I am not sure what happens if you don't.

Interview Questions

• Can you repeat these sentences?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Appleton, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CapTel (Appleton, WI) in January 2017.

Interview

It's relatively laid back and you go in with casual cloths but it's fitting since there really is no uniform and hell I've seen a few girl just come in appropriate pajamas once they were hired and through training. In the interview you usually deal with either the assistant manager or one of the human resources reps. They test your typing skills and your ability to here words and speak at the same time difficult for some but not all.

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at CapTel (Madison, WI) in November 2016.

Interview

Very nice ladies in recruiting--the receptionists were helpful in filling out the application online, then after a phone interview I was brought in for a skills assessment. Pretty basic skills tested, reading, spelling, repeating words, identifying errors, typing, etc., and then a more standard Q&A. We reviewed any time off I had coming up, and my availability for the position. The Recruiter was knowledgeable about the position, and I was offered a position on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in working here?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

Interview

I went in the main doors of the building, greeted the receptionist - a perfectly pleasant and professional woman with the brightest purple hair I've ever seen. She told me to wait in a chair in the lobby, so I did. A few minutes later, the woman who interviewed me came through a set of doors to my right, and escorted me down the hall to her office. There she asked a few basic questions about my understanding of what the company does, and gave me a few tests, including a spelling test, a typing speed test and a test to demonstrate my ability to repeat what was said to me over a set of headphones. I passed all the tests except the speech test, which she said she didn't pass the first time either. She gave me a slip of information (resources for practicing that skill) and told me to call back after doing some practice to schedule another interview to retest. She said if I pass that one, I will have the job.

Interview Questions

• Can you explain what a CapTel Captioning assistant does?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CapTel (Orlando, FL) in September 2016.

Interview

A typical day at work was waiting for phone calls to caption. Was required to follow strict rules, so was restricted to reading books in between calls. was constricted to a cubicle, was allowed to leave on scheduled 15 minute breaks and 30 minute lunch. Learned to follow strict rules, and to be punctual. Co-workers and I developed quick form of communication, since engaging to conversation longer than a minute was not allowed. That, the inability to be social, was the hardest part of the job. The most enjoyable was since it was a call relay center, no customer service skills were required, nor was a professional dress code needed.