CapitaLand Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 24, 2017

3.1

Finance Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at CapitaLand (New York, NY).

Interview

Tough interview, no standard interview questions asked. 45minutes of technical questions. It is so technical that maybe after awhile you will lose your brain cells and cannot focus anymore or cannot answer. They even asked about double entries and property accounting

Interview Questions

• Describe the purchasing process   Answer Question
    • When you step into a shopping centre, what do you think you expecting to see in the profit and loss   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at CapitaLand.

Interview

Interviewed several rounds with HR, HODs, and C-level executives (last 2 rounds).

Long process, often with repeated questions - generally for the company to get a sense of your motivations, attitude, and personality.

The group task will test your ability to cooperate with others, and defend your thought processes.

Finance Executive Interview

Interview

Interviewer is arrogant, condescending and impatient. She is late, did not apologize and did not walk into the interview room with an open heart. Interview questions were not difficult but interviewer was. I would turn down the job even if I was chosen, as this speaks alot about the working culture of the firm.

Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at CapitaLand.

Interview

Referred by an external recruitment agency. Interview process was straightforward, from the time you register at the main entrance to gain access into the building till the interview room. Interview was with a staff from HR department and a senior staff in the department being applied for. Interview was also the general expected questions regarding your own work experience and also elaborating on specific work done which be portable to the position applied for.

Senior Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CapitaLand (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

Started with a phone call with HR, followed by two rounds of face-to-face interviews and one writing test. The process was structured and HR was communicative throughout.

Phone call with HR: straightforward, to learn more about your background, interests and skill sets
    Face-to-face interviews:
    First round was with the direct reporting officer and her boss. It was straightforward but the reporting officer I met appeared passive aggressive.
    Second round was with the group head, who conducted the interview in a firm but professional manner..

Interview Questions

• What is the greatest challenge you experienced in your current role?   Answer Question

Marketing Executive Interview

Interview

First interview is with two management employees and two HR persons. If you made it through the first round of interview, you will go for a second round of interview to be held with a headquarter representative.

Finance Executive Interview Interview

Interview

Panel interview. Standard questions asked, did not really asked much technical questions.

The interviewers shared details on the role, explained the team structure and working hours. However, overall the interview was not set in a relaxed/comfortable tone (more of intense & watch your words kind). Lots of pre-empting by them (long working hours, tight schedules, voluminous work, old staff will not listen to you unless you are competent).

Advice: Be very sure if you are committed to what's installed.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Why did you choose this career path?   Answer Question

Senior FINANCE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at CapitaLand (Singapore (Singapore)) in August 2016.

Interview

Interview went quite easy going since they start the interview by asking about my life, got some technical questions too pertains knowledge in accounting for property enterprise. Both interviewer are friendly and it helps to reduce my nervous during interview. Overall is a great experience.

Leasing Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at CapitaLand.

Interview

Panel interview, standard questions asked. Job interview is pretty easy on the whole. Dress smart-casual. Interviewers were all women. Salary not discussed at this stage but designation assigned, e.g. Senior or Junior executive. Ask about reporting superior who can make or break your career. Ask about team size as you can be made to cover 3 headcounts since their staff turnover is pretty high.

Interview Questions

• What is your expected title   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CapitaLand (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

Sent in my resume and got a call for interview in one week. Met with the Hiring Manager and HR personnel for the interview. The Manager called me again for another interview. The call was about 15 minutes long.