CaptionCall Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.1

Sort:

Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at CaptionCall (New York, NY).

Interview

Easy typing test. Horrific voice dictation software for an easy test in a very loud, and extremely unprofessional environment that yields inaccurate results due to noise proximity. It’s NOT what I was expecting AT ALL. Tip: Don’t request to use the restroom. Men and women older than their average age of 24 were applying; not one was hired. There were more agents standing around talking LOUDLY than there were actually working!? Ageism is real there. Ironic.

Interview Questions

• Where did you hear about us?   1 Answer

Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint George, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at CaptionCall (Saint George, UT) in May 2015.

Interview

Typing test, dictating test. Once you pass those you are golden. They interviewed me right after. Asked me about my schedule and hired me based on a drug test. It was a great job.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint George, UT

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at CaptionCall (Saint George, UT) in November 2016.

Interview

I called to set up an interview & they immediately scheduled an appointment for me. I came to the office at the scheduled time, I was offered something to drink, and then the Interviewer explained the Skills Test I would be taking. It was simple, efficient & yielded immediate results.

Interview Questions

• They basically just asked me if I could type 40 wpm. Also, they asked me if I could listen to someone speak & then repeat back what they had said; these two skills...typing & repeat back...encompassed the "skills test" that I was required to take.   1 Answer

Interpreter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at CaptionCall.

Interview

The interview was pretty simple. I had to sit at a computer and read a script so the software could learn my voice. Then I had to caption a test call. Basically, you hear someone having a fake phone conversation and you repeat everything they say. I can't remember if there were one or two.
    I just remember you had to get 95% of it correct for the interview to continue. I got a 94. something, so they allowed me to do it again and I scored above a 95%.
    After that, I met with my manager. He explained how the job worked (which I couldn't figure out from the website or any ads about the job). It is like the test, you listen to people speak on the phone and repeat everything as accurately as possible. The software translates it to text.
     I had a lot of call center experience, so I pretty much got the job on the spot (I just had to discuss with my other job when I could come in for training, and get back to him).

Negotiation

There wasn't a negotiation.

CA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CaptionCall (Colorado Springs, CO) in September 2017.

Interview

applied online went in for testing, got an interview on spot, went for drug screening got results back but never contacted by the company even though they hired me but they never gave me my traning dates and t=I cant get ahold of anyone

Captioner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at CaptionCall (Las Vegas, NV) in June 2014.

Interview

First was an online application, then there was a voice recognition test, and a typing test. A drug test and a background examination were also required. After the voice test and the typing test, I was allowed to speak to the manager, who was very helpful. Also, if you fail the voice test the first time, they allow you to take a retest, so study up on how to repeat what people say..

Interview Questions

• tell us about a situation where you had to learn a computer program very quickly.   Answer Question

Captioner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CaptionCall (Scottsdale, AZ) in October 2014.

Interview

You go in for a test and they test your speaking ability and your typing ability. If you pass then you speak with a manager. After you speak to the manager, he asks for your schedule that works for you, and then sends you one your way to get drug tested. Very easy going process.

Trainer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at CaptionCall (Syracuse, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

I met with the local & regional bosses, was questioned about my tecnical aptitude & people skills. I assured them I'm a fast learner & I would work well with their clients too.

Interview Questions

• How well could I work with the hearing impaired ? Am I a people person or not ?   1 Answer

Software QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at CaptionCall in January 2018.

Interview

Got a call from HR for setting up a phone interview. I was asked standard questions based off my resume. Everything went well. He gave me details of 2 open positions in 2 different teams. He said I should be hearing back from the hiring manager in the next 2-3 days. If not, I should contact HR again. Never heard back from them. Emailed HR, never heard back from them either.

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at CaptionCall (Salt Lake City, UT) in July 2016.

Interview

Rigorous. 11 interviews with 10 people over the course of 3 months. I was asked to write a brief product proposal. I was informed I would not be strung along, but that's exactly what happened. At one point, I was told that that I was in the top running, but they wanted to interview another round of candidates.

Nonetheless, everyone I met was very kind.

Interview Questions

• The question that was asked the most was, "How do you handle conflict?"   1 Answer