Cardtronics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 7, 2017

2.3

Contract Terms Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cardtronics (Houston, TX).

Interview

The interview was fairly quick and impersonal. I met with a VP and a manager in another location was on speaker phone. There was no phone screening and when I went in they went straight into behavioral questions, didn't ask me anything about my background to describe what I did at my previous jobs... none of that. They just went straight to "tell me about a time when..." which I thought was kind of strange and they may have missed valuable info by not asking those questions. After a week of hearing nothing I email the recruiter to follow up. She told me they chose someone else who's experience better matched the position. Funny since they didn't ask me to describe my previous jobs but within my responses to their other questions I did describe what I did. Also funny because the job's description and what they told me about the job sounded EXACTLY like what I did at my last job.

I wonder had I not emailed the recruiter would they ever have got back to me about their decision. I was a bit disappointed that I didn't get it because it sounded just like what I used to do and sounded like a role that would give me more challenge than what I'm doing now and also they're only 10 mins away from where I live. But based on a lot of the reviews I've seen here I think I may have dodged a bullet by not having "experience that matched the role".

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you changed how something was done at your job?   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cardtronics (Houston, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

I interviewed in Houston, TX.

It was very friendly. First, you talk to their team head, and then two analysts. They asked some Basic questions on finance. Pretty easy stuff. The interview questions were mostly standard behavioral questions. Why this company, why finance and etc. The whole process was chill and relaxing. It was a very positive experience overall.

ATM Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cardtronics (Houston, TX).

Interview

Flown to Houston. Picked up by Operations Manager. Questioned during ride to office.
    Then electronics testing, knowledge skills, background check, credit check, driving record check.
    Introduction to office personnel with light questioning. (Probably were covertly asked their opinion).
    Introduction to "Depot level" repair technicians and other local ATM Technicians. (As above).

Interview Questions

• Electronics background. Required knowledge of telephone line wiring, basic electronics and the ability to learn quickly.
      Physically fit? Must be able to put 300 lb. ATM machines into and take out of maintenance van.
      Good credit? Important as you had your hands inside an ATM machine.
      Good driving record? You were "issued" a company van.
      Able to organize and plan?n You would be given the jobs (working out of home) via FAX and had to plan the best route and accurately estimate job times so as to make appointments that you could keep.
      1 Answer

ITIL Interview

Anonymous Employee in Frisco, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Cardtronics (Frisco, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

Multiple F2F & phone calls over several days. Discussed experience with tools & role. Financial background and any skills with ServiceNow platforms. Tool several days between calls. Was very casual and easy.

Interview Questions

• Any ITIL Experience? What was one project you did end-to-end?   2 Answers

Negotiation

None. One best offer. No romme for them to add or move offer.

Financial Analyst Interview

Interview

Visit the company. One round. The interview comprised of regular behavioral questions, walk me through your resume and what specifically you want to learn throughout the course of internship.

Interview Questions

• None that are too difficult. Just don't lie about financial knowledge.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Cardtronics (Dallas, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

recruiter contacted me first. Then on site interview. some technical questions, nothing complicated or difficult.such as data structure and OOP design question. Also, some questions on projects on the resume. After a couple weeks, the offer made.

Interview Questions

• what's the difference between hash map and hash table? how to design a library system?   Answer Question

Merchant Services Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eden Prairie, MN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Cardtronics (Eden Prairie, MN) in March 2014.

Interview

Very laid back conversation with office mgr. Mgr then brought in team leader for a group interview. Overall one of the easiest interviews I have had. Let this be a warning flag. Easy interviews probably mean high turn-over rate/ unwanted position.

Interview Questions

• Why would you be a good fit here?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cardtronics.

Interview

Hiring process was acceptable. They do a full background check including credit check.

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cardtronics.

Interview

It was 1 interview, all you got to do is show up and pay attention.

Negotiation

Take this job or leave it.

QA Tester Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cardtronics.

Interview

I just went through first 2 rounds and for the third round I was scheduled for an interview and they never called. Later I was advised- the position was offered to someone else already.