Cardtronics Reviews | Glassdoor

Cardtronics CEO and Director Steven A. (Steve) Rathgaber
Steven A. (Steve) Rathgaber

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • I know that is a part of IT, but it's just something worth mentioning when considering salary and work/life balance (in 6 reviews)

• long hours and mangers need more training (in 4 reviews)

1. "By far the best company I have worked for. Plans to make it a permanent career with room to grow within the company."

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Houston, TX

I have been working at Cardtronics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The benefits and pay are great, my management is professional, polite and courteous to others needs outside of work. We do routine private reviews to try and maintain goals. Company often brings in lunch and we celebrate office birthdays each month with cupcakes baked by one of our own.

Cons

High call volume and odd shifts with majority having no weekends off in my department seeing that it is the Command Center. (The pay is compensated for working weekends, so even then the company does right by the employee.)

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing and taking care of employees. I am very happy to have been hired with Cardtronics and have intentions to make it my permanent employer.

2. "Shipping / Receiving"

I worked at Cardtronics full-time

Pros

Good team i worked with

Cons

Management Doesn’t recognize good talent reviews are not accurate

3. "Company is Improving"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Cardtronics full-time

Pros

New management is in place with good ideas and correct priorities. Company puts on many events, lunches, etc.

Cons

There is some resistance to change and different ways of doing things. Many people look to pass on work instead of taking it head on.

Advice to Management

It will take time, but the culture of the company needs to be improved to something that rewards hard work, mediocrity has been acceptable for far too long.

4. "Customer Service"

I worked at Cardtronics full-time

Pros

Good, stable company. Decent pay. Great co-workers. Management is personable and fair.

Cons

Could use a little improvement in general organization. Was told to forget everything I know immediately follow a training that lasted several weeks.

Advice to Management

Update training to better reflect real job function.

"Worst company ever"

Current Employee - IT Specialist in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - IT Specialist in Houston, TX

I have been working at Cardtronics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You're allowed to take a lunch break everyday. They also have bathrooms on every floor that employees are permitted to use.

Cons

Oh. my. god.
    Where do I even begin?! NOTHING at all in this company makes sense!
    I’m not just saying this from my own experience. Many other current and former employees have also told me this.
    You don’t get proper training when you start out. Fine, maybe they want you to learn as you go? Nope, you’ll get yelled at and humiliated for things you were never taught in the first place.
    They are really inflexible and not accommodating of situations. My child was sick and had to be rushed to emergency, but I got flak from my manager for going to the hospital to see my child, even though I had informed them of the situation. Who does that?? Seriously
    There’s very little PTO, no separation between sick days and vacation days. So if you happen to get sick after going on a vacation, you’re out of a paycheck.
    They tolerate sexual harassment. As long as it’s “not serious”, you just have to deal with it.
    Their systems and operations make as much sense as 2+2=5 and there’s no prospect for career development unless you’re personal friends with management.
    Working here has truly made my life hell and I’ve forgotten what it’s like to be happy. Don’t believe me? Just read all the other reviews here..
    Bottom line: work here if you’re starving and desperate for a paycheck. But if you have an ounce of self-respect, decency, ambition, desire to do anything with your life or just don’t want to be abused every day, RUN THE OTHER WAY!

Advice to Management

Quit and replace yourselves with people who actually know what they're doing. You treat employees like dirt. No wonder you're facing so many lawsuits..

"Horrible Company"

I have been working at Cardtronics full-time

Pros

Good location in Houston near westchase district. The weather is really nice here. Sometimes they have ice cream in the break room

Cons

DO NOT work for this company! They treat their employees horribly. If you have any concerns, HR will always side with the company so there's no accountability if you're mistreated.
    They seem to also be involved with some seriously shady business, like taking money from customers without consent and are the subject of a number of lawsuits.

Advice to Management

Treat employees like human beings!

7. "What a time to be alive"

Former Employee - Sales Support
    Former Employee - Sales Support

I worked at Cardtronics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pay was solid, the people in satellite offices were great for the most part

Cons

work life balance does not exist - take a day off and you will come back to loads of work. If someone else takes a day off you will have unreal amounts of work to complete on top of what your typical job duties.
    All the proprietary systems are completely flawed and do not work correctly on a regular basis creating tons of work to correct the mistakes made by the system
    Management doesn't do much beyond offering an ear for your complaints and suggestions to fix the recurring issues.
    Dying industry, but you'll never hear them admit to this.

Advice to Management

Hold on I guess. The way things are going you'll be replaced in no time.

8. "A Depressing Reality"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at Cardtronics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Opportunity to those who take initiative.

Cons

Operationally, this company was stuck in the 1980s during my two years in employ.

Nepotism, favoritism, bullying, and glory stories of execs frequenting “gentlemen’s clubs” were present during my employ.

It was quite sad.

Advice to Management

If an employee seeks insights on ways to grow, do Not point to another employee and say “don’t be like them” or “be better than ___.”

Never encourage an employee to “earn your stripes” on a business trip if any such activity would be questioned by an HR department.

Treat others the way you want to be treated. I saw more good talent in my time their pushed out the door than I can count. Very, very sad.

9. "Warehouse"

I worked at Cardtronics part-time

Pros

Company has a lot of money.

Cons

Worst company in history.

Advice to Management

Needs new management

"Service Escalations Specialist"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at Cardtronics (More than 3 years)

Pros

Compentitive pay, benefits with annual review

Cons

Lack of communication with employees