Care.com Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 28, 2017

2.6

Freelance Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Care.com (Waltham, MA) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview/recruiting team at Care.com was extremely thorough and fast. I got an email with instructions, who I was meeting with and where to park. Then the process itself was well-formatted and efficient. I met with a few individuals first and by the end it was the group I would work with. I was laughing and having a great time talking to everyone.

Product Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Care.com in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online and started the process by having a typical phone screen with the recruiter that lasted 30 minutes. A week later I spoke with the Senior Design Director for another 30 minutes. From there, I had two video interviews (Note: I believe these video calls would typically be on-site, but in this case the company was in the process of opening a new branch across the country and didn't have any team members there yet). The first was 2 hours long and I spoke with four different members of the design team, and the second was 1.5 hours long where I spoke with a two product managers and one more member of the creative team. I received an offer a week later.

The process took 5 weeks and went very smooth. There was great communication from their team and they were always willing to be flexible with my schedule.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking for something new?   Answer Question
    • What have you been doing in your current role?   Answer Question
    • Can you walk us through your design process?   Answer Question
    • Can you walk us through one of the projects in your portfolio and explain some of the decisions you made?   Answer Question
    • Can you talk about your experience working with product managers?   Answer Question

Customer Care Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Care.com (Waltham, MA) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online, scheduled an interview,
    showed up for the interview and was told the position was already filled. Not sure how together their HR department... so I wouldn't recommend this place after a situation like that.

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Care.com (Waltham, MA) in June 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by an internal recruiter. The interview process involved 4 steps: initial phone screen with talent acquisition, phone screen with hiring manager, in-person interviews with a few team members, and a final round that included a group problem-solving exercise. The exercise was realistic and not an algorithm brain-buster. I was also asked to look at a code fragment and identify potential issues. The entire process took about 9 hours of phone and in-person interviews. Many of the interviewers have worked with each other since the company was founded. I felt this was a very positive sign because it indicated I would be given assignments which would allow me to grow professionally.

Interview Questions

• White board an application and present solution to group   Answer Question

Interview

I was contacted to setup some time for an initial discussion. I responded back in less than 30 minutes with suggested time(s). Never heard back. So why did you contact me to begin with? Plus this position has been open for a really long time. Hmmm....I see another review for the same position and looks like a lack of respect for candidates in general. If they treat candidates this way, I can only imagine how employees are treated. Look elsewhere.

Senior Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Care.com (Waltham, MA) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview process involved 4 steps: initial phone screen with talent acquisition, phone screen with hiring manager, in-person interviews with a few team members, and a final round that included the head of the division. I conducted the last round via Skype. The process was very organized and flexible, and everyone I spoke with was willing to answer my questions.

Interview Questions

• The role I applied for is new, so I was asked by almost everyone how I would approach the work when I start the job (what steps would I take, how would I organize myself, etc.).   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Care.com in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Connected with hiring manager and recruiter. Long process that seemed quite chaotic as if they have never hired before. Despite being a 500 person company they act like they are just getting started which is not what you meed; what you need is structure to drive growth.

Interview Questions

• General marketing questions on understanding of marketplace, approach to initiatives and the like   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Care.com in April 2017.

Interview

I applied and was contacted within the week for a phone screening with a recruiter. I scheduled an interview with a hiring manager shortly after which went well. I had a few other offers so they tried really hard to accommodate my schedule/timeline and it ended up working out for the best! Overall, communication was great, friendly, and transparent.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Care.com (Seattle, WA) in April 2017.

Interview

I was discovered by an external recruiter for Care.com. The outside recruiting company had worked with Care.com in the past and had a good rapport with everyone at Care.com. After an initial phone screen with the recruiter, I had a phone conversation with the internal recruiting manager via Skype. My next meeting was over the phone with the VP of Global Sales and a follow-up in-person meeting with my direct manager, the VP of Sales. Throughout the process, the external recruiter kept in touch and was very responsive to questions that I had. After my interview with the VP of Sales, I had a quick call with the GM. The entire process took around three weeks and everyone was overall very flexible about meeting times and locations. Everyone that I met with had an extensive sales and sales management background. The culture, mission, and people are the reason I accepted this job. The interview process, while intensive, felt relaxed and conversational. This company is all about their mission and is looking for passionate, hungry, top sales talent.

Interview Questions

• They really want to get an understanding of who you are as a person and what motivates you in sales. Be able to articulate your beliefs, passions, and motivation in business.   Answer Question
    • Have a list of significant sales that you closed and be able to clearly articulate how and why you were able to close the sale.   Answer Question
    • Why are you interested in selling Care.com as a benefit (do some research on care@work before the interview)   Answer Question

Housekeeper Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Care.com in April 2017.

Interview

A family posted the job and i appplied on the app i was asked to come to an interview so i went and they asked me a lot of questions, by the end i couldnt accept their offer because i was not able to travel and babysit their baby because i have a toddle baby too