Care.com Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Care.com Interview Questions

Updated Apr 23, 2017

2.6

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Care.com in April 2017.

Interview

I applied and was contacted within the week for a phone screening with a recruiter. I scheduled an interview with a hiring manager shortly after which went well. I had a few other offers so they tried really hard to accommodate my schedule/timeline and it ended up working out for the best! Overall, communication was great, friendly, and transparent.

Childcare Interview

Anonymous Employee in Exton, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Care.com (Exton, PA) in March 2017.

Interview

After applying online and messaging about availability, we set up a time to meet in a public place.I would recommend that for interviewing for any positions found on a site like care.com for safety reasons. We met at a local food court.

Interview Questions

• Would I be comfortable with the list of responsibilities outlined to perform around the house, in addition to childcare duties.   1 Answer

Nanny Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delray Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Care.com (Delray Beach, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

You review online profiles of people needing care services, whether it be childcare, pet care, elder care, or odd jobs, and then "apply" for the position. They review you, and either decline or discuss further to set up a phone or in person interview, or both. I'm in process with 3 prospects at this time.

Interview Questions

• If I was comfortable with the hours/days/responsibilities they require.   1 Answer

Babysitter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Care.com (Houston, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

It was nice! I met with the family and they were really sweet! I got hired on the spot! They asked simple questions that any parent would ask someone that would be around their children alot. It's best to just be yourself to see if you would be a good fit for the family. When applying make sure you list out every single babysitting job like make sure your application is as detailed as possible

Interview Questions

• What childcare experience do you have?   1 Answer

Babysitter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Care.com (Virginia Beach, VA) in February 2017.

Interview

I went to an interview. The mother of the baby was doing the interview. It lasted about 30-40 mins. I was asked a few questions about myself and about my experience with children.

Interview Questions

• Are you attending school/college ?   1 Answer

UA Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Care.com in January 2017.

Interview

They made me do 4 phone screens only to never reject/follow up via email. Pretty appalling way to treat someone after 4 interviews. Really speaks volumes about the company when they treat people in this fashion. Out of the 4 interviews, they cancelled and reschedule 2 of them - should have been a sign that the team really didn't have any interest in treating people decently.

Cleaner Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Care.com (New York, NY).

Interview

I had to be professional dress two pieces skirt suit ,shoes,walk in greet the boss shake his hand always eye contact I stand until he or she tells me to have a seat I sit with my legs crossed hand folded in my lap all times answer every question her ask you like a professional always look in his or her eyes when he or she speaks I give eye contact when I speak when it's over they would day nice to meet you you should be standing ready to shake her or his hand and say thank you for the interview have a beautiful day and the next day send him or her a thank you letter my email .

Interview Questions

• How are your experiences in cleaning.   1 Answer

Caregiver Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Care.com.

Interview

I apply online to the site input all my information on the database I would apply for the current positions. The only problem I had with care.com was that the clients would contact me by phone, email and not know if the person on the other side is a real honest person that would not try to do fraud with you or your information. Some of the clients I worked for was only too real persons they would contact me regarding the position then we would talk about the job duties schedule an interview with the client face to face. The client then would give me a call regarding the position if the client was satisfied with my work they would provide me with all the information necessary for the position. That's the form I would have the interviews with care.com I never worked with care.com, in other words, all they did was put all my information out there not knowing if they would try doing fraud with me after care.com contact me and ended my subscription for no reason I try disputing it but I was unable which I thought it was kind of weird.

Interview Questions

• My name, age. Where I was located meaning where I live. The places I worked for. If I had any problems performing the work I was applying for. If I had a reliable transportation. What times I prefer working. What type of certification and work experience I had.   1 Answer

Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Care.com (Austin, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online and a few weeks later had a brief phone screening. I then met with a human resources representative and the department manager. It was comfortable and took on a more conversational tone than the the typical "STAR" type interview process. Within a day or two, I was invited back to meet with a manager from another department. Again, conversational tone and very pleasant. Communication during the process was prompt and clear until after my last meeting at which point I did not hear back as promised and received no further communication. A quick and polite rejection email is a professional standard and a common courtesy. Aside from this hopefully unintentional slip, I found the employees very personable, the office space lovely, and the overall work culture very positive.

Interview Questions

• The dreaded initial question: "Tell us about yourself"   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Care.com (San Jose, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Basic interview questions. Interviewer did not have an understanding of value selling vs.consultative sales methodology and how it's applied at an enterprise level for net new sales. Contradicted job description with actual job duties. Hiring Manager seems overwhelmed and unsure of expectations/direction of the role. Agency did poor job of qualifying and preparing bother interview manager and candidate. Feedback was not accurate.

Interview Questions

• Have you sold net new business?   1 Answer