Care.com Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Care.com Interview Questions

Updated Sep 5, 2018

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Care.com (Waltham, MA) in January 2011.

Interview

Interviewing at care.com was quite off-putting. It was clear from the phone screen and the initial
    interview they had no interest in my work experience and they offered no information about the position.
    HR provided general information about the company during the on-site interview. For the engineering
    managers its all about what esoteric Java language features you know, none of which, they admit their
    teams ever use.

For my phone screen there was no information provided about the position or the company.
    They asked about my current position but it was clear they had no interest in the information.
    They could not get to their technical questions fast enough. Once they finished asking their
    questions there was no opportunity for me to ask questions. The phone call ended abruptly.

At the in-person interview, again no information about the engineering position. No interest in
    my work experience. No information from 3 of the 4 (technical) interviewers about their role in
    the organization. We jumped right to the technical questions and once the interviewer finished
    his questions, he was out the door.

I was able to rangle the last couple of interviewers to ask about the position, the architecture,
    their tools, how the teams interact. Unfortunately none of them were able to articulate a
    comprehensive view of the work and architecture or engineering organization.

So study the esoteric Java language features. Be prepared to write code for typical things like
    the mouse-find-the-cheese, tree searches, managing N stacks in a single array. And ask your
    questions before the interviewer starts their technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Write a class to manage N stacks. The stacks reside in a single array.
      The init method parameters are int arr_size, int num_stks). arr_size is the
      lenght of the single array. num_stks is the number of stacks to create from the array. Write the push and pop methods.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Care.com (Waltham, MA) in December 2012.

Interview

Phone interview as for 45 minutes by director and then another phone interview of 30 minutes by manager. Then i was called for face to face interview. I was told to write algorithm of tic-tak-toe on board while all folks watching me. I tried but i forget all moves of tick-tak-toe. The interview folks looked very unsupported to get into any discussions about architecture, spring, struts java etc. I had a clue that I have just wasted my few hours and moreover the salary and benefits which they are offering is far less than the market rate. WASTE of my time.

bad team environment, bad vibes , LESS Salary than market

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Care.com (Waltham, MA) in September 2012.

Interview

I first talked to the Program Manager on the phone. I didn't get a chance to see him on the interview. The program Manager looked cool personal and communicative.

The other developers where ok, I don't really have an impression on them. I am sure they are good programmers, but personally I had to drag the architecture layout out of them.

I got the impression they were stuffy and egocentric,. I don't see what they offer for them to feel that way. There is a lot of options out there, but from these guys I got the impression they were so caught up on to their own thing.

They asked me questions about hibernate. Many to many relationships.
    They asked me to write code to find if a word is Palindrome.
    Then they asked me questions about data structures. Lists vs Arrays.

I answered the first once but I got lost on the tic tac toe game. Half through the interview I had lost interest on the job.

The technologies they use are rails mvc spring hibernate db.I don't see how tic tac toe is any help in seeing how you think, because if you haven't tried programming it you will be lost. ... but anyways. After 6 years of programming, I am not sure how can one even remember that stuff.

They asked me about my past experience but I have worked in .net so I might as well not have told them anything. They don't seam interested.

If you don't have experience they are an opportunity for you to learn the web technologies. If you have experience there are better options out there.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to program how would I get the all possible moves on a tick tac toe game.   1 Answer

Cleaner Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Care.com (New York, NY).

Interview

I had to be professional dress two pieces skirt suit ,shoes,walk in greet the boss shake his hand always eye contact I stand until he or she tells me to have a seat I sit with my legs crossed hand folded in my lap all times answer every question her ask you like a professional always look in his or her eyes when he or she speaks I give eye contact when I speak when it's over they would day nice to meet you you should be standing ready to shake her or his hand and say thank you for the interview have a beautiful day and the next day send him or her a thank you letter my email .

Interview Questions

• How are your experiences in cleaning.   1 Answer

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Care.com (Waltham, MA) in March 2018.

Interview

Phone screen then 2 hr in-person interview where you meet with 3 to 4 employees and get a tour of the office. They were very welcoming and made you feel very comfortable.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Care.com (Waltham, MA) in June 2014.

Interview

Amazing!! They really make sure you fit the culture and team atmosphere. They take their time to make sure you are the right fit. Very friendly atmosphere they make you feel extremely welcome.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Care.com (Pittsburgh, PA) in February 2015.

Interview

3 interviews, one of which was more technical and involved some on site coding. Make sure you have a good Skype connection if you can't go in in person. Despite being very nervous for each of the interviews, the interviewers were all very nice and patient.

Interview Questions

• How would your prior experience at x company prepare you for this role?   Answer Question

Several Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Haven, CT

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Care.com (New Haven, CT) in January 2015.

Interview

I submitted to many jobs and only received one response back. I did a background check, had reviews, references, pictures, job history, etc. I never had an interview because no one ever contacted me back.

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Care.com.

Interview

Recruiter reached out to me after 3 weeks after I apply. Had a good interview with him and then had two more phone calls with the hiring manager and then another manager in the east coast. Interview was easy, questions were straight forward.

The recruiter was super nice, however didn't follow up with me. I sent a few more emails for an update and recruiter finally did follow up, the recruiter told me oh sorry I had the message drafted inside my inbox, but forgot to send. Pretty unprofessional and to be honest complete BS response (no offense). Don't waste peoples' times and even worse, give them stupid excuses. When I was on the phone with the hiring manager, the person pretty much hinted to me that their recruiting process wasn't that great. Yep I agree.

Interview Questions

• What is important when analyzing a campaign and the results?   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Care.com in April 2017.

Interview

I applied and was contacted within the week for a phone screening with a recruiter. I scheduled an interview with a hiring manager shortly after which went well. I had a few other offers so they tried really hard to accommodate my schedule/timeline and it ended up working out for the best! Overall, communication was great, friendly, and transparent.