Care.com Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 6, 2018

2.6

Principal Mobile Developer (IOS) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Care.com (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Overall, it was a great experience. The members of the team were very knowledgable and passionate about their work. I really enjoyed talking with them. It felt more like technical conversations than a typical interview.

The HR team was absolutely fantastic. They were extremely flexible and accommodating with my crazy timeline. I was also able to get answers that I needed in a timely manner.

The engineering team was very passionate about technology and user experience. It seemed like a lot of the focus for the interviews were around user experience and app design. I thought this was really neat because it showed to me that they really care about their users. From the interviews, I was able to learn about the company culture, direction, and even some of their technological processes.

The interview process:
    - Initial phone conversation with HR
    - Technical Phone Interview
    - Technical Video Interviews
    - Technical On-site Interview

We were able to wrap up the entire process within less than 3 weeks.

Their offer was very competitive.

Interview Questions

• They asked a wide range of questions from iOS basics to deep application design.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Interview

The interview process consisted of a screening with the recruiter and 2 rounds of interviews. The interviews were fairly standard with typical behavioral/PM questions, but I had more of an issue with the recruiter throughout the process. She provided wrong information about the types of interviews to prepare for (assured me that there would be only one case interview, but 4 out of 5 interviews in second round had cases), was late or missed multiple meetings, and called back over a week after the interviews after promising to provide an answer after a couple of days. The people who I met during the interview were really great, but this type of response for a candidate was really unprofessional

IOS Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Care.com (Boston, MA) in November 2017.

Interview

Interview process was super transparent and quick. Initial introduction followed by chat with engineers and managers. Learned a lot about the company culture, stack and methodologies. Provided information about my background and experience.

Interview Questions

• Overall iOS experience questions.
      Implementation questions.   Answer Question

Freelance Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Care.com (Waltham, MA) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview/recruiting team at Care.com was extremely thorough and fast. I got an email with instructions, who I was meeting with and where to park. Then the process itself was well-formatted and efficient. I met with a few individuals first and by the end it was the group I would work with. I was laughing and having a great time talking to everyone.

Product Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Care.com in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online and started the process by having a typical phone screen with the recruiter that lasted 30 minutes. A week later I spoke with the Senior Design Director for another 30 minutes. From there, I had two video interviews (Note: I believe these video calls would typically be on-site, but in this case the company was in the process of opening a new branch across the country and didn't have any team members there yet). The first was 2 hours long and I spoke with four different members of the design team, and the second was 1.5 hours long where I spoke with a two product managers and one more member of the creative team. I received an offer a week later.

The process took 5 weeks and went very smooth. There was great communication from their team and they were always willing to be flexible with my schedule.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking for something new?   Answer Question
    • What have you been doing in your current role?   Answer Question
    • Can you walk us through your design process?   Answer Question
    • Can you walk us through one of the projects in your portfolio and explain some of the decisions you made?   Answer Question
    • Can you talk about your experience working with product managers?   Answer Question

Nanny Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dundalk, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Care.com (Dundalk, MD) in July 2017.

Interview

I talked to the lady on the phone about setting up a meet day and that took about 15 minutes and the day we met was pretty simple she showed me around and told me what my duties were

Customer Care Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Care.com (Waltham, MA) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online, scheduled an interview,
    showed up for the interview and was told the position was already filled. Not sure how together their HR department... so I wouldn't recommend this place after a situation like that.

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Care.com (Waltham, MA) in June 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by an internal recruiter. The interview process involved 4 steps: initial phone screen with talent acquisition, phone screen with hiring manager, in-person interviews with a few team members, and a final round that included a group problem-solving exercise. The exercise was realistic and not an algorithm brain-buster. I was also asked to look at a code fragment and identify potential issues. The entire process took about 9 hours of phone and in-person interviews. Many of the interviewers have worked with each other since the company was founded. I felt this was a very positive sign because it indicated I would be given assignments which would allow me to grow professionally.

Interview Questions

• White board an application and present solution to group   Answer Question

Interview

I was contacted to setup some time for an initial discussion. I responded back in less than 30 minutes with suggested time(s). Never heard back. So why did you contact me to begin with? Plus this position has been open for a really long time. Hmmm....I see another review for the same position and looks like a lack of respect for candidates in general. If they treat candidates this way, I can only imagine how employees are treated. Look elsewhere.

Senior Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Care.com (Waltham, MA) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview process involved 4 steps: initial phone screen with talent acquisition, phone screen with hiring manager, in-person interviews with a few team members, and a final round that included the head of the division. I conducted the last round via Skype. The process was very organized and flexible, and everyone I spoke with was willing to answer my questions.

Interview Questions

• The role I applied for is new, so I was asked by almost everyone how I would approach the work when I start the job (what steps would I take, how would I organize myself, etc.).   Answer Question