Care.com Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Care.com Interview Questions

Interviews at Care.com

2.6

Lead Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Care.com.

Interview

1) Called by HR over telephone.
    2) continued with Phone interview with Hiring Manager
    3) Continued with Onsite interview for 4 hours.
    If a company interviewer asking question about what you dont know either they dont have intentions to recruit you or trying to judge you how far you can handle. Looks like Care.com manager doesn't want to hire and he just try to show case his technical skills to me.

Interview Questions

• 1) system DEsign.
      2) SQL
      7)Cache DB
      8) search and disply in no SQL seraches   1 Answer

Care.com Response

Mar 15, 2019 – Senior Recruitment Manager

Thank you for taking the time to meet with us out of your busy schedule. We know interviewing is a big-time, commitment however a necessary one in evaluating a new career opportunity. Sorry to hear your feelings about the approach of one of our hiring managers, I would be happy to discuss further, please email me at kristen.jeena@care.com.

Care Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Care.com (Waltham, MA) in May 2018.

Interview

The interview process included a phone screening and a one day on-site interview with two different hiring managers - the direct manager and one of her former colleagues. Both were personable, friendly, and conversational in tone. They answered all of my questions. I was then given a tour of the facility and told what the rest of their hiring process would be, as well as what to expect. I was told I would hear something either way.

Interview Questions

• You can wrap up your work day with the intention of completing tasks A, B, and C tomorrow. But when you get to work and open your email, there are 10 fires to put out. How do you handle that scenario?   1 Answer

Care.com Response

Jun 28, 2019 – Senior Recruitment Manager

Thank you for taking the time to interview with Care.com. We know interviewing takes time out of your busy schedule and we really appreciate the dedication to our process.

-Kristen Jeena, Senior Recruitment Manager | talent@care.com

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Care.com.

Interview

One HR phone screen, one technical phone screen, two (approx 4 hours each) on-site interviews. One of the two on-site interviews was a series of individual technical interviews. The second one was a system design interview.

Interview Questions

• Many technical questions - most to be answered verbally. Couple of relatively straight forward coding challenges. One large system design problem to solve. The problem was pretty straight forward - you're given an hour to design it yourself and then you present the solution to a team who pokes holes in it and changes some requirements to see if you can handle the changes.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Care.com (Waltham, MA) in March 2018.

Interview

Phone screen then 2 hr in-person interview where you meet with 3 to 4 employees and get a tour of the office. They were very welcoming and made you feel very comfortable.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Care.com (Waltham, MA) in March 2018.

Interview

The interview process started with a few phone interviews (due to schedules) followed by two face-to-face interviews. Both visits to the office were under 3 hours. The interviews were thorough and the team took the time to answer my questions. I was given a full tour and had the opportunity to chat with some employees who were not part of the interview process. I felt very welcome and was happy to hear from employees about their growth within Care.com.

Interview Questions

• How do you react under stress?   Answer Question
    • Can you tell me about a big issue you've had and how you resolved it?   Answer Question
    • Can you give me an example of something you have done above and beyond your every day duties without being asked?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer IOS Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Care.com (San Francisco, CA) in March 2018.

Interview

I had a chance to interview with Care.com for Senior iOS role. It was a great experience. Not only the process was smooth with quick feedback, it was also pretty friendly and transparent. Complete process took two-three weeks and not even once, I had to stress out and ping the recruiter for an update.

In the process, I had the opportunity to talk to several team members on mobile/iOS domain. They were knowledgeable, friendly and down to earth. During the interview, I was tested from good Objective-C and Swift problems to practical application design problems. Any Senior engineer with serious mobile application development experience would love the opportunity to discuss practical issues with the interviewers. This is what differentiated with other iOS interviews, where Senior iOS engineers don't get an opportunity to demonstrate their rich app development skills but are asked either to do algorithm white boards in any language or to write copied code for a very sandboxed problem.

Technical team at Care.com are super friendly people and always open to ideas. The synergy between various domains is great and all team members are really passionate about their customers and their mission. It was a great experience to interview with the team and chance to meet with great people.

The interview process begins with initial phone conversation with HR. The next two rounds are technical and over the phone and video. Last round is technical on-site. The offer was very competitive.

Principal Mobile Developer (IOS) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Care.com (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Overall, it was a great experience. The members of the team were very knowledgable and passionate about their work. I really enjoyed talking with them. It felt more like technical conversations than a typical interview.

The HR team was absolutely fantastic. They were extremely flexible and accommodating with my crazy timeline. I was also able to get answers that I needed in a timely manner.

The engineering team was very passionate about technology and user experience. It seemed like a lot of the focus for the interviews were around user experience and app design. I thought this was really neat because it showed to me that they really care about their users. From the interviews, I was able to learn about the company culture, direction, and even some of their technological processes.

The interview process:
    - Initial phone conversation with HR
    - Technical Phone Interview
    - Technical Video Interviews
    - Technical On-site Interview

We were able to wrap up the entire process within less than 3 weeks.

Their offer was very competitive.

Interview Questions

• They asked a wide range of questions from iOS basics to deep application design.   Answer Question

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Care.com (Waltham, MA) in February 2018.

Interview

At first the interview was really smooth and everyone was really nice. The higher ups that I'd interviewed with all said great things about my qualifications and that I qualified for multiple positions and that they thought I'd be a great fit.

I had asked the team what their primary goal of the department was, and the response was "to provide exceptional candidate experience". They went on and on about how important it is for them to make sure everyone they interview has a great experience since they are the HR team. Seriously, they went on and on and on about how important this was. This is where it goes down hill.

By the time I circle back with the woman in charge she starts acting very different, and rather intense. I don't think much of it because at this point I've been there for hours and I'm exhausted. I continue to answer her questions and respond. She asks me how I would feel if they were to offer me the job, I said I would be thrilled but of course I'd have to talk to my family. She tells me they'll let me know an answer by tomorrow.

Ironically, for a department that had a goal of "exceptional candidate experience" they failed on every level. I never heard back the next day, the next week, or ever. I left a kind and inquiring voicemail a couple days after the interview. Nothing. I left voicemail after an additional week. Nothing. No response.

It's fine they didn't want to give me the job, that's just how life goes, but least have the courtesy to tell me 'no' rather than avoid me. Seeing as the obsessive goal was to provide great candidate experience. They couldn't even be bothered to send an automated rejection email. There's nothing ruder than wasting a candidate's time and effort and not even having the courtesy to tell them no.

Well guess what? I'll be sure to spread the word to all my friends and anyone who ever tells me they're applying with you about this "candidate experience".

Product Manager Interview

Interview

The interview process consisted of a screening with the recruiter and 2 rounds of interviews. The interviews were fairly standard with typical behavioral/PM questions, but I had more of an issue with the recruiter throughout the process. She provided wrong information about the types of interviews to prepare for (assured me that there would be only one case interview, but 4 out of 5 interviews in second round had cases), was late or missed multiple meetings, and called back over a week after the interviews after promising to provide an answer after a couple of days. The people who I met during the interview were really great, but this type of response for a candidate was really unprofessional

IOS Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Care.com (Boston, MA) in November 2017.

Interview

Interview process was super transparent and quick. Initial introduction followed by chat with engineers and managers. Learned a lot about the company culture, stack and methodologies. Provided information about my background and experience.

Interview Questions

• Overall iOS experience questions.
      Implementation questions.   Answer Question