Care.com Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Care.com Interview Questions

Updated Apr 18, 2018

2.6

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Care.com.

Interview

One HR phone screen, one technical phone screen, two (approx 4 hours each) on-site interviews. One of the two on-site interviews was a series of individual technical interviews. The second one was a system design interview.

Interview Questions

• Many technical questions - most to be answered verbally. Couple of relatively straight forward coding challenges. One large system design problem to solve. The problem was pretty straight forward - you're given an hour to design it yourself and then you present the solution to a team who pokes holes in it and changes some requirements to see if you can handle the changes.   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Care.com (Waltham, MA) in March 2018.

Interview

The interview process started with a few phone interviews (due to schedules) followed by two face-to-face interviews. Both visits to the office were under 3 hours. The interviews were thorough and the team took the time to answer my questions. I was given a full tour and had the opportunity to chat with some employees who were not part of the interview process. I felt very welcome and was happy to hear from employees about their growth within Care.com.

Interview Questions

• How do you react under stress?   Answer Question
    • Can you tell me about a big issue you've had and how you resolved it?   Answer Question
    • Can you give me an example of something you have done above and beyond your every day duties without being asked?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer IOS Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Care.com (San Francisco, CA) in March 2018.

Interview

I had a chance to interview with Care.com for Senior iOS role. It was a great experience. Not only the process was smooth with quick feedback, it was also pretty friendly and transparent. Complete process took two-three weeks and not even once, I had to stress out and ping the recruiter for an update.

In the process, I had the opportunity to talk to several team members on mobile/iOS domain. They were knowledgeable, friendly and down to earth. During the interview, I was tested from good Objective-C and Swift problems to practical application design problems. Any Senior engineer with serious mobile application development experience would love the opportunity to discuss practical issues with the interviewers. This is what differentiated with other iOS interviews, where Senior iOS engineers don't get an opportunity to demonstrate their rich app development skills but are asked either to do algorithm white boards in any language or to write copied code for a very sandboxed problem.

Technical team at Care.com are super friendly people and always open to ideas. The synergy between various domains is great and all team members are really passionate about their customers and their mission. It was a great experience to interview with the team and chance to meet with great people.

The interview process begins with initial phone conversation with HR. The next two rounds are technical and over the phone and video. Last round is technical on-site. The offer was very competitive.

Principal Mobile Developer (IOS) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Care.com (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Overall, it was a great experience. The members of the team were very knowledgable and passionate about their work. I really enjoyed talking with them. It felt more like technical conversations than a typical interview.

The HR team was absolutely fantastic. They were extremely flexible and accommodating with my crazy timeline. I was also able to get answers that I needed in a timely manner.

The engineering team was very passionate about technology and user experience. It seemed like a lot of the focus for the interviews were around user experience and app design. I thought this was really neat because it showed to me that they really care about their users. From the interviews, I was able to learn about the company culture, direction, and even some of their technological processes.

The interview process:
    - Initial phone conversation with HR
    - Technical Phone Interview
    - Technical Video Interviews
    - Technical On-site Interview

We were able to wrap up the entire process within less than 3 weeks.

Their offer was very competitive.

Interview Questions

• They asked a wide range of questions from iOS basics to deep application design.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Interview

The interview process consisted of a screening with the recruiter and 2 rounds of interviews. The interviews were fairly standard with typical behavioral/PM questions, but I had more of an issue with the recruiter throughout the process. She provided wrong information about the types of interviews to prepare for (assured me that there would be only one case interview, but 4 out of 5 interviews in second round had cases), was late or missed multiple meetings, and called back over a week after the interviews after promising to provide an answer after a couple of days. The people who I met during the interview were really great, but this type of response for a candidate was really unprofessional

IOS Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Care.com (Boston, MA) in November 2017.

Interview

Interview process was super transparent and quick. Initial introduction followed by chat with engineers and managers. Learned a lot about the company culture, stack and methodologies. Provided information about my background and experience.

Interview Questions

• Overall iOS experience questions.
      Implementation questions.   Answer Question

Freelance Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Care.com (Waltham, MA) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview/recruiting team at Care.com was extremely thorough and fast. I got an email with instructions, who I was meeting with and where to park. Then the process itself was well-formatted and efficient. I met with a few individuals first and by the end it was the group I would work with. I was laughing and having a great time talking to everyone.

Product Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Care.com in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online and started the process by having a typical phone screen with the recruiter that lasted 30 minutes. A week later I spoke with the Senior Design Director for another 30 minutes. From there, I had two video interviews (Note: I believe these video calls would typically be on-site, but in this case the company was in the process of opening a new branch across the country and didn't have any team members there yet). The first was 2 hours long and I spoke with four different members of the design team, and the second was 1.5 hours long where I spoke with a two product managers and one more member of the creative team. I received an offer a week later.

The process took 5 weeks and went very smooth. There was great communication from their team and they were always willing to be flexible with my schedule.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking for something new?   Answer Question
    • What have you been doing in your current role?   Answer Question
    • Can you walk us through your design process?   Answer Question
    • Can you walk us through one of the projects in your portfolio and explain some of the decisions you made?   Answer Question
    • Can you talk about your experience working with product managers?   Answer Question

Nanny Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dundalk, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Care.com (Dundalk, MD) in July 2017.

Interview

I talked to the lady on the phone about setting up a meet day and that took about 15 minutes and the day we met was pretty simple she showed me around and told me what my duties were

Customer Care Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Care.com (Waltham, MA) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online, scheduled an interview,
    showed up for the interview and was told the position was already filled. Not sure how together their HR department... so I wouldn't recommend this place after a situation like that.