CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

1. Featured Interview

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Owings Mills, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield (Owings Mills, MD).

Interview

I applied online for the position and got a phone call the same day from a recruiter. It was a pretty basic phone screen with a couple of behavioral questions thrown in. An onsite interview was scheduled for a week later. This was with the hiring manager and two programmers. The questions in this portion of the interview were more technical, but you are not expected to write any code. They also ask a lot of questions about your resume. Know and truly understand your object-oriented programming and MVC concepts and you should be fine. A database question was also thrown in there. Got an offer about a week later and took it.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield (Arlington, VA).

Interview

interview was taken with all questions relevant to the position. regarding past work experience pojects, domain knowledge, tools used in getting requirements.also few questions on how to gather requirements and how to create documents that are used in all processes.

Business Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Owings Mills, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield (Owings Mills, MD).

Interview

Order of the interview:
    Questionnaire
    Phone Screen interview
    Onsite interview with talent aquisition specialist and hiring manager
    Panel interview with 3-4 managers
    Interview with senior director

The interview was straight forward. Interviewers asked standard behavioral questions. Wanted clear and specific examples. Interviewed multiple times with multiple interviewers in a leveled process.

Interview Questions

• Typical behavioral questions. Name a time where (X) happened and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

GDP Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield.

Interview

The first red flags were during the phone screen. Recruiter reached out to me and asked if I had time to chat, so I tried to set up an interview time via email. No response for a couple days, then I get a phone call while I'm at work and she started interviewing me on the spot! I should have said that it wasn't a good time, but I was too flustered to respond properly. Several days later I got another call, and I answered it thinking it would be news on whether they wanted to bring me in or not. Nope... it was a SECOND interview, asking many of the same questions as before! I said I wasn't expecting an interview at the moment and was at work, and she said it was intentional, something about trying to "keep candidates on their toes." Keeping people alert is one thing, but I think giving someone a heads up about the date and time of their interview is a basic level of courtesy that prospective employees should receive.

My responses must have been alright because they then brought me in for a full day of interviews. The panels are an hour and a half each and the interviewers seemed like they were running out of questions, so they start throwing you random ones like "what made you decide to go to the college you went to." A reasonable question, but for someone 10 years out of college it didn't seem to be the most relevant. Also, they would ask you a question, and you'd talk for a couple minutes, and they'd give no response or smiles at all and then rapid-fire off another question, which was off-putting.

All in all it was okay, but I was honestly relieved not to get the offer. Most of the people I met were fine, but they all seemed stressed and a little annoyed they had to interview us. Plus, the building itself is very cold and corporate... doesn't seem like an inspiring place to go each day.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time when you had to work with someone from a different background than you.   Answer Question

MTM Lead Performane Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Owings Mills, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield (Owings Mills, MD) in March 2017.

Interview

First of all start of saying it is rude to have scheduled one interview with applicant and not advise them prior to visit that they are going to have 3 separate interviews one with recruiter, hiring manager and director or hiring manager who left that area. The interview lasted for 2.5 hours and I was very upset and pissed I had other interviews scheduled on same day let alone have to work. Then secondly to write down some of my team building ideas and STATE they are going to use this as their own and corporate in their work WITHOUT hiring the person who gave the idea is very DIRTY. ALSO don't take applicant on FREAKING Tour if your not going to hire them. I will never waste my time with this company let alone apply. DONT WASTE your time they are going to hire in-house anyway just have to have interviews as company policy when they are going to give it to in-house employee then don't waste darn time interviewing outside. Then to ask question like how would you feel if another associate tells you directly you are from outside we don't have to listen to you is disrespectful and SOMETHING THEY need to handle like writing up associate for being rude. This lets me know that they have no control over their staff does not matter how long they have been working their common courtesy is what needs to be done. Then recruiter does not even have the audacity to send an response like job has been filled DONT WASTE your time.. Carefirst DOES NOT CARE

Interview Questions

• Name some team building activities   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield (Baltimore, MD) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Recruiter called and was very nice throughout the process. When I got to the in person panel interview is where it went south. They had a two page about 15 questions that they took turns asking those questions. The questions really are outdated in terms of interviewing to know if the person is qualified. They were also taking notes as I was answering which felt like they weren't engaging and paying attention. One of the interviewers kept saying she didn't really like the questions but she has to ask them. And worst of all, they kept exchanging looks at each other right after they ask the question. It was one of the least professional experiences I have had at an interview.

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell me about a time where you had a conflict/difficulty with another coworker and how was it resolved?
      2. What type of leadership style do you prefer to work with?
      All of their questions were situational and behavioral type of questions not directly related to whether I have the experience to get the job done or not.   Answer Question

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield (Washington, DC).

Interview

Initial communication started with a basic get to know you phone interview. It was then followed with an in house sit down interview to go over resume and experience. No whiteboarding or coding very easy and straightforward. Refresh yourself on previous work as well as knowing what is on your resume. Know why you want the job and why you would want to work at their company. They are all about the customer.

Interview Questions

• Asked questions based on previous projects and work from last job / college. They had resumes in front of them to use for reference.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. Opportunity was there but they did not allow negotiation

Director of Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Owings Mills, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield (Owings Mills, MD) in October 2016.

Interview

Received a call from the recruiter and had a brief phone conversation. I was then asked to come to an in-person interview with the hiring manager and another colleague. This was followed by another 1:1 interview and then a phone interview with an Executive that works remotely. The entire process was very thorough and professional. Although I was not offered the position, I was contacted and notified that an offer had been made and accepted by another candidate. It was an overall positive experience and I was treated very respectfully throughout.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle consistent complaints from your team when a very high performer on your team was causing interpersonal conflicts? Other than this problem, the member of the team is a very big asset.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Owings, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield (Owings, MD) in June 2016.

Interview

Contacted by HR to come in and interview with 2 people from dept. Was also asked to complete a writing excercise and create a communications plan.
    Called back for second interview with senior VP.
    Contacted by HR a few weeks later with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want yo leave current employer?   1 Answer

Program Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield (Washington, DC) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied online and recieved a call from the recruiter about a week later. Recruiter was very professional and after my initial conversation with him, he scheduled an interview with the hiring manager. About a week later the hiring manager called only to tell me that there were qualified candidates in the area they were in (I am out of town candidate). This made very little sense to me that you would set up an interview to only waste my time because she did not want to pay relocation costs. REALLY...why call. She was ex-Accenture and the Rome being replaced was ex-Accenture, so if easy to see that she's very tired and her interviewing process. There are much better jobs out there....And much more professional hiring managers I
    I'm sure.

Interview Questions

• I see you are in another State (you should have seen that from my resume)   Answer Question