CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield Interview Questions | Glassdoor

CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield Interview Questions

Updated Mar 21, 2017

2.6

GDP Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield.

Interview

The first red flags were during the phone screen. Recruiter reached out to me and asked if I had time to chat, so I tried to set up an interview time via email. No response for a couple days, then I get a phone call while I'm at work and she started interviewing me on the spot! I should have said that it wasn't a good time, but I was too flustered to respond properly. Several days later I got another call, and I answered it thinking it would be news on whether they wanted to bring me in or not. Nope... it was a SECOND interview, asking many of the same questions as before! I said I wasn't expecting an interview at the moment and was at work, and she said it was intentional, something about trying to "keep candidates on their toes." Keeping people alert is one thing, but I think giving someone a heads up about the date and time of their interview is a basic level of courtesy that prospective employees should receive.

My responses must have been alright because they then brought me in for a full day of interviews. The panels are an hour and a half each and the interviewers seemed like they were running out of questions, so they start throwing you random ones like "what made you decide to go to the college you went to." A reasonable question, but for someone 10 years out of college it didn't seem to be the most relevant. Also, they would ask you a question, and you'd talk for a couple minutes, and they'd give no response or smiles at all and then rapid-fire off another question, which was off-putting.

All in all it was okay, but I was honestly relieved not to get the offer. Most of the people I met were fine, but they all seemed stressed and a little annoyed they had to interview us. Plus, the building itself is very cold and corporate... doesn't seem like an inspiring place to go each day.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time when you had to work with someone from a different background than you.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Owings Mills, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield (Owings Mills, MD).

Interview

I applied online for the position and got a phone call the same day from a recruiter. It was a pretty basic phone screen with a couple of behavioral questions thrown in. An onsite interview was scheduled for a week later. This was with the hiring manager and two programmers. The questions in this portion of the interview were more technical, but you are not expected to write any code. They also ask a lot of questions about your resume. Know and truly understand your object-oriented programming and MVC concepts and you should be fine. A database question was also thrown in there. Got an offer about a week later and took it.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield (Baltimore, MD) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Recruiter called and was very nice throughout the process. When I got to the in person panel interview is where it went south. They had a two page about 15 questions that they took turns asking those questions. The questions really are outdated in terms of interviewing to know if the person is qualified. They were also taking notes as I was answering which felt like they weren't engaging and paying attention. One of the interviewers kept saying she didn't really like the questions but she has to ask them. And worst of all, they kept exchanging looks at each other right after they ask the question. It was one of the least professional experiences I have had at an interview.

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell me about a time where you had a conflict/difficulty with another coworker and how was it resolved?
      2. What type of leadership style do you prefer to work with?
      All of their questions were situational and behavioral type of questions not directly related to whether I have the experience to get the job done or not.
      Answer Question

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield (Washington, DC).

Interview

Initial communication started with a basic get to know you phone interview. It was then followed with an in house sit down interview to go over resume and experience. No whiteboarding or coding very easy and straightforward. Refresh yourself on previous work as well as knowing what is on your resume. Know why you want the job and why you would want to work at their company. They are all about the customer.

Interview Questions

• Asked questions based on previous projects and work from last job / college. They had resumes in front of them to use for reference.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. Opportunity was there but they did not allow negotiation

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Owings Mills, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield (Owings Mills, MD) in October 2016.

Interview

easy questions kept asking same question different way, went well until was told other internal employees was bidding on this job and they have an up on outsiders, im like ok then why waste my time your gonna give it to them anyway also was told another manager has open positions im like ok so why interview me???

Director of Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Owings Mills, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield (Owings Mills, MD) in October 2016.

Interview

Received a call from the recruiter and had a brief phone conversation. I was then asked to come to an in-person interview with the hiring manager and another colleague. This was followed by another 1:1 interview and then a phone interview with an Executive that works remotely. The entire process was very thorough and professional. Although I was not offered the position, I was contacted and notified that an offer had been made and accepted by another candidate. It was an overall positive experience and I was treated very respectfully throughout.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle consistent complaints from your team when a very high performer on your team was causing interpersonal conflicts? Other than this problem, the member of the team is a very big asset.   Answer Question

Program Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield (Washington, DC) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied online and recieved a call from the recruiter about a week later. Recruiter was very professional and after my initial conversation with him, he scheduled an interview with the hiring manager. About a week later the hiring manager called only to tell me that there were qualified candidates in the area they were in (I am out of town candidate). This made very little sense to me that you would set up an interview to only waste my time because she did not want to pay relocation costs. REALLY...why call. She was ex-Accenture and the Rome being replaced was ex-Accenture, so if easy to see that she's very tired and her interviewing process. There are much better jobs out there....And much more professional hiring managers I
    I'm sure.

Interview Questions

• I see you are in another State (you should have seen that from my resume)   Answer Question

Purchasing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elkridge, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield (Elkridge, MD).

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter and went through two phone interviews within a week with two different people. There was a lag of three weeks before I received any information on the next step which was an in person interview. I interviewed separately with three members of the team during a 2 hour period . Overall this part of the process was pretty standard. The big negative was that after the in person interview the recruiter ceased all contact and never followed up to any of my emails. It did not like how after all my effort and the time I had to take off there was not an email to let me know that I did not get the position.

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield (Washington, DC) in January 2016.

Interview

Very efficient, Very professional,make you feel at ease, very friendly, very informative. First interview with HR followed by phone screen followed by in-person .Final offer made by HR and there is some room for salary negotiation .

PCMH Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield.

Interview

I had my interview in Baltimore with a 3 person panel. They basically just asked me everything I did on my resume, how comfortable I was speaking to doctors, technical and research ability.

Interview Questions

• How comfortable are you presenting?   1 Answer