CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

1. Featured Interview

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Owings Mills, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield (Owings Mills, MD).

Interview

I applied online for the position and got a phone call the same day from a recruiter. It was a pretty basic phone screen with a couple of behavioral questions thrown in. An onsite interview was scheduled for a week later. This was with the hiring manager and two programmers. The questions in this portion of the interview were more technical, but you are not expected to write any code. They also ask a lot of questions about your resume. Know and truly understand your object-oriented programming and MVC concepts and you should be fine. A database question was also thrown in there. Got an offer about a week later and took it.

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield (Washington, DC).

Interview

Initial communication started with a basic get to know you phone interview. It was then followed with an in house sit down interview to go over resume and experience. No whiteboarding or coding very easy and straightforward. Refresh yourself on previous work as well as knowing what is on your resume. Know why you want the job and why you would want to work at their company. They are all about the customer.

Interview Questions

• Asked questions based on previous projects and work from last job / college. They had resumes in front of them to use for reference.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. Opportunity was there but they did not allow negotiation

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield in May 2015.

Interview

Very fast. I only had a phone conversation with HR and then the manager. I was offered the position a few weeks later. They ended up creating a position for me because they found another candidate that they liked as well.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something out of the box, creatively, that you are proud of.   Answer Question

Claims Processor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cumberland, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield (Cumberland, MD) in April 2013.

Interview

I had some pretty predictable, normal, and expected questions. It is a panel interview. dress sharp, smile and you got the job. it took about a half of an hour.

Operations Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield.

Interview

Applied online; conducted a phone interview with a recruiter from HR. Went relatively well, and the recruiter was very nice. Asked a lot of questions regarding my experience, and asked if I had any questions regarding the organization.

No Comment Interview

Anonymous Employee in Owings, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield (Owings, MD) in January 2011.

Interview

Met with several individuals who were very engaging in conversation. They appeared to be honest and genuine with the job description and expectations. It energized me to the point that I was very excited about the department and team. However, shortly after hire (within 30 days) and upon retrospect they were very good actors and actresses. They did not reveal the true culture of the company or of senior management.

Interview Questions

• Between the hiring manager and one team member they really did not have any difficult or complicated questions. Very generic overall, which again in retrospect should have been a red flag.
      One senior manager over the area did use some foul language which should have been the other red flag.   1 Answer

Web Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Owings Mills, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield (Owings Mills, MD) in July 2015.

Interview

I initially applied for the job on Linkedin and a Carefirst recruiter contacted me and asked me to send in my resume. After that I had a phone interview with the recruiter and then I was asked to come in and meet with two people in the department, the director and the manager. I was there for over an hour and I showed them my portfolio and talked about the work flow, upcoming projects and the company culture. Then I was asked to come in a second time to meet a couple other directors of other teams. It was more like a meet and greet, they told me about the types of projects they were working on and how the different teams interact. They also described the company culture. After that I had another phone interview with another director. I waited to hear back from the recruiter and it probably took almost another week to hear back but they offered me the position over the phone and sent an offer letter. The whole process took a little over three weeks closer to a month. It was probably the toughest interview process I have gone through but it was well worth it.

Interview Questions

• Take us through a project you worked on, describe any challenges you had and the response from stakeholders. What was your thought process like? Was the site successful, how was success measured?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Owings Mills, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield (Owings Mills, MD) in February 2018.

Interview

Phone interview, followed by two in person interviews. The first was with an HR rep and the manager. The second was a presentation to the possible team and also an hour long skills assessment.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield.

Interview

Applied online. Waited a month and received an email from a recruiter with basic HR questions. There is nothing to pass/fail. I very politely replied to the email and heard nothing. Replied multiple times to the email. Heard nothing. Ghosted. I get that things change, positions get filled or cancelled. But, be polite about it, don't just say nothing. Kind of bummed, was really interested in the position after reading about what the position entails and the benefits the company offers. Won't be applying again.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Owings Mills, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield (Owings Mills, MD) in March 2016.

Interview

It was fairly simple. I submitted an application online. I spoke on the phone with the Human Resources hiring manager, which was a phone screen. She told me all of the openings they had available. I chose which I thought fit best for my background and passions. When I came in, I was interviewed by 2 members of the team I was interviewing for. After the interview, I followed up and was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Why are you qualified? Why are you interested? What will you bring to the position?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield.

Interview

We connected during school career fair. Had one hour interview with assistant to the CEO. I mostly asked questions about trends in healthcare insurance. We had detailed conversation on health exchange market places and how that effects premiums. We talked about all the different projects I could get involved in, and I presented my experiences in market research.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Interns receive standard compensation, no negotiation possible.