Carnegie Mellon University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Carnegie Mellon University Interview Questions

Interviews at Carnegie Mellon University

2.5

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Carnegie Mellon University.

Interview

Got 1st round phone interview request within 2 days. But the phone interview went really short (3 mins) because they can't hire sponsor visa.

Oh man!!! CMU, you could have saved a lot of my time and others, if the job post stated it doesn't provide visa sponsorship for administrative and staff positions.

DON'T TRY TO BE INTERNATIONAL FRIENDLY WHEN YOU ARE ACTUALLY NOT.
    Visa holders and F1 students, be aware of the situation when applying. Maybe better to ask for the sponsorship possibility before doing the actual interview.

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Carnegie Mellon University.

Interview

Research-related interview that is very general and sometimes related to the prospective research projects. Also, questions for previous work experiences and projects. One on one session with PI. One on one session with PI

Interview Questions

• Research-related interview that is very general and related to the prospective research projects. One on one session with PI   1 Answer

Dsa Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Carnegie Mellon University.

Interview

Applied through handshake website. It took 1 week to get response. It didn't take long and I got offer on the spot. Its a good on-campus jobs for students.

Multimedia Producer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Carnegie Mellon University.

Interview

Several phone interviews. First round with HR was standard and smooth subsequent interviews should have been in person, as call quality and delay was not great. Hiring manager seemed unfamiliar with the duties of the newly created role and asked questions that were not in line with industry skill set. After a few rounds that were set at inconvenient times and being told I'd hear back soon I was ghosted. Very unprofessional. I'm glad I did not get the job as the positioned seemed to be created within a department with management skills in other areas and the inability to give notice that they were moving forward with other candidates demonstrates poor people skills.

Interview Questions

Interview

no interview, just online application.
    I emailed my advisor during application, and he replied.
    But there is a committee in the department, professor's feedback doesn't count everything. You still need to meet some standards to be considered for admission, even with some professor's strong recommendation.

Lab Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Carnegie Mellon University.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted via email to set up a phone interview. 3 days after phone interview I was contacted again via email to then come in for an in person interview

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Carnegie Mellon University.

Interview

They asked me about my previous research and why I was interested in CMU. There weren't too many details, I think they just wanted to get a general sense of who I was.

PhD Student Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Carnegie Mellon University.

Interview

Very good. Ask lots of basic concept of the mechanics. Some questions are about personal interest and some courses that has been take before. Professor told some about their research. Very good experience

Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Carnegie Mellon University (Pittsburgh, PA) in April 2019.

Interview

I got an email after I applied and just got assigned to one of the courses I'd taken and got an A in. I received an email saying I should apply for a TA position if I'm interested. After I got an email from the advisor, I went to talk to him about the schedule and the course I would be teaching.

Interview Questions

• What time is suitable for you to teach, grade, and proctor exams?   Answer Question

Assistant Director Interview

Interview

Met with multiple stakeholder groups including, faculty, career services, academic staff, marketing, administrative support, and academic advisers. It consisted for 4 panel interviews as well as 2 one on one interviews.