Carnegie Mellon University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Carnegie Mellon University Interview Questions

Updated May 31, 2017

2.6

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Carnegie Mellon University.

Interview

I first Applied online. I had a Phone interview 1 week later. Then i was invited in for a panel interview with 5 different current employees. process took about 2 weeks overall. A very normal experience in general

Interview Questions

• where do you see yourself in 5 years   1 Answer

Computing Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Carnegie Mellon University (Pittsburgh, PA) in August 2016.

Interview

Mostly behavioural interview not too many technical questions since they have a good idea based on the classes I have taken. focused more on the dynamics of working within a team and how I would deal with certain situations i.e. uncooperative team member etc. Also asked about prior experience in working with code/ projects done in class etc.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an urgent ticket at work   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Carnegie Mellon University (Pittsburgh, PA) in August 2016.

Interview

I have the interview two weeks ago. The man asked me about my project experience and some CS fundamental knowledge. Then give me the coding question. Not too hard. I didn't received offer from them. This is a small company.

Administrative Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Carnegie Mellon University (Pittsburgh, PA) in June 2016.

Interview

I was contacted a week after applying. The HR worker emailed me first to set up a phone interview. After the the phone interview I was informed that I would be contacted again if the recruiting manager wanted to move forward after reviewing the phone interview results.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for CMU?   1 Answer

Innovation Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Carnegie Mellon University (Pittsburgh, PA) in May 2016.

Interview

Interview was very fast and quick, they got back to me very quickly. Two people were there to interview, asked mostly behavioral questions. There were no technical questions asked.

Administrative Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Carnegie Mellon University (Pittsburgh, PA) in April 2016.

Interview

I had applied for another position at the university, which was filled internally. I got an email from HR asking for a phone interview later that week. A week later, I received an email asking me to pick a time for in-person. The process lasted four hours and required me to meet with groups of people at different times. It was very different and much longer than any interview I've ever had, but I enjoyed it enough to accept the offer a week later.

Pre-College Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Carnegie Mellon University (Pittsburgh, PA) in February 2016.

Interview

Interview process was straightforward. Applied online, everyone undergoes a group interview that tests your team ability and an individual behavioral interview that gauges your interest about the position and what you would bring to the program.

Interview Questions

• What activity/club would you start as a counselor for the students?   Answer Question

Interview

Recommended by my former adviser, so I directly contacted my current adviser, sent her my CV, and we had a couple of conference calls. We talked about the projects I did in my graduate school, the projects in her lab, working environment and style of her lab, funding possibilities, and so on.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Carnegie Mellon University (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

Interview process for a graduate student is pretty standard. By the time you go for an interview, you are already accepted into the program so meeting them is just knowing everyone better, learning the culture and for helping you to decide if you want to go with this school/program.

Interview Questions

• About your resume, undergraduate experience, future interest, skills and expertise. It was pretty general. Just be prepared to tell about your undergraduate research experience.   Answer Question

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Carnegie Mellon University (Pittsburgh, PA) in November 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Interview lasted for 1 hour. I was quizzed about the subject. Evaluated past performances and my ability to interact with students. The professors have been doing this for a very long time so they ultimately know what they expect in a teaching assistant and so I was asked questions about my knowledge on specific issues which are newly introduced to the curriculum and was gauged on how well I handled topics I am not aware of. I was made aware of the qualms of the work, like workload, responding to a student in doubt and the technical issues with grading and updating the lists on the university blackboard portal.

Interview Questions

• Past experience with the subject
      Presentation skills