Cars.com Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cars.com Interview Questions

Updated Feb 13, 2017

2.8

Data Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cars.com.

Interview

I had 4 rounds of interviews. !st was with HR discussing background. 2nd telephone tech screening with hiring manager. 3rd with the team. It was more about discussing project and technical discussion plus behavioral. after, my onsite, they called me again for tech interview. Not sure why. That was again basics. If you know the basics of Java and SQL, you are fine.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cars.com.

Interview

You are placed into a small interview room and interviewed by numerous managers / team leads. Most of these people have little to no experience in interviewing and openly read from a sheet just printed before the interview - all behavior/scenario based questions. They take no notes and are clearly just judging if they like you or not.

Interview Questions

• Describe a scenario where you didn't agree with your manager, how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Sales Strategy and Analytics Interview

Interview

Met with three people, each for 30 minutes. Fairly easy, though by the second and third interviewer it was difficult to find more questions to ask. They asked a lot of behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a member in your group was unclear of instructions or a detail of a project?   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cars.com (Chicago, IL).

Interview

The interview process was normal. It was very professional and they like for you to ask questions. You many have a panel interview or a one on one interview. It really depends on staffing. Be personal able, outgoing, and act like having this job is your career goal.

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cars.com (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Phone screen, with a recruiter that did not know the position. It did not matter my years of success in sales, since I didn't meet 1 criteria it seemed to stop there. The recruiter seemed distracted and since I wasn't in the Chicago "team" it never moved forward.

Interview Questions

• How many people do you supervise?   1 Answer

Sales Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cars.com (Chicago, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

IT'S A LONG INTERVIEW PROCESS. 1) You speak with a recruiter on phone 2) Then you speak with a Manager on phone 3) You come in for 4 hour interview 4) You take a Analytical test (you are given 48 hours to complete it) 5) You come back in to present the Analytical test that was given 5) And then after that you still speak with few members of the team. gosh am I applying to be a doctor? or lawyer?

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cars.com (Chicago, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

Submitted resume through LinkedIn and received a call from talent acquisition for a 20-30 minute phone screen. Passed phone screen and invited for onsite to interview with hiring manager, a program manager, and a scrum master. Passed the first round and invited back for full-day second round to interview with 6 of the functional directors/managers, to have lunch with potential team members, and to finish the day with a tour and final interview with the VP of Product Development. Interviews were standard artificial casual/conversational environment to identify for personality/culture fit. Hiring manager was very professional and pleasant having recently been hired from Fortune 200 to implement change management. A few red flags I noticed were around the talent acquisition process. Same person from talent acquisition kept introducing herself for first-time despite us having several communications throughout the process, scheduled my second interview for the wrong position as Senior Manager, Advertiser Insights, and asked me to fill out authorization & application forms I had already completed and submitted.

Interview Questions

• Challenges we have at Cars.com are employees can be too nice and afraid to hurt co-worker feelings, employees don't pay attention in meetings because they get lost in GChat, and it makes it hard to get things done. How would you solve for this problem without hurting feelings and making the meeting productive to get things done?   1 Answer
    • The previous program manager in this position did not workout and burnt a few bridges. What would the first 30 days on the job look like for you?   1 Answer
    • How do you handle difficult people?   1 Answer

Front End Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cars.com (Chicago, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

The Interview process was ok. I interview with 2 developers front-end developer and back end developer we did code samples for about hour. After that meet with the architect for hour. After that was suppose to speak with manager but she was late. So they had to call me the next day and sat on the phone with her for about hour. Everything seem to go great but after for a 2 weeks spoke to my recruiter and never heard back from them. I mean a simple no or yes or feedback would be helpful. According to the recruiter he think they drop the ball and didn't call back due to salary or they trying to low ball according to him. What i don't get is that to be big company don't make a candidate go through interview process and never give any fee back. Very unprofessional

Interview Questions

• How to create angular directives and how to test angular directives. Nothing to hard for front end developer.   1 Answer

Upper Management Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Cars.com (Chicago, IL).

Interview

15 hours of total time spent interviewing. Plus 90 minutes of time taken of my professional references. Communication was limited throughout and process was disorganized. What shocked me the most was that the hiring manager called my current employer/boss without permission and without a care at all about putting my current job at risk! Only to then not give me an offer after putting my current job in jeopardy, wow?!?! All in all not getting the job was a blessing in disguise. Beware of them unethically contacting your current employer!

National Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cars.com (Chicago, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

Over the phone interview with a recruiter who gave me false hopes about the role. Said I was equipped for position and my skill set was aligned with this role. As soon as I come into the office for f2f interview, the hiring manager gives me a pop quiz. The quiz tested my excel proficiency, grammar and simple math. I was then asked questions about my current job where they said my role is way too structured and their company is more lenient. Finally I was told that I had no experience in advertising which could be a hindrance. I feel like the recruiter completely wasted my time and was extremely aware that I was not qualified for this role.

Interview Questions

• You have two obligations, how do you prioritize on which one should be completed first?   Answer Question