75% would recommend to a friend
(588 total reviews)
92% approve of CEO
Found 588 of over 616 reviews
Updated Nov 15, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
The latest conversations about Tech
13 hours ago
Project Finance Analyst
Wondering if I should ask for a raise, been with the company for 11 mos, since being hired I have taken on more responsibility, I have gotten my Google Project Management Certification, and I am scheduled to sit for my PMP Certification Exam in March. 70% of the PMs at the company do not have their PMP Certs, just years of experience and their MBA.
Got a burning question about Cars.com? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Cars.com employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "It helps that my team in my area were great people to work with including the manager." (in 75 reviews)
- "Great work life balance and can be rewarding if you seek out opportunity" (in 58 reviews)
- "great culture and easy going atmosphere....work hard..play harder!" (in 45 reviews)
- "Benefits are good" (in 43 reviews)
- "There are work from home and flexible scheduling options" (in 24 reviews)
- "Low pay and definitely cliquish." (in 41 reviews)
- "The culture of rudeness starts with the senior leadership at cars and flows all the way down." (in 18 reviews)
- "Management was always shifting and you never really had solid ground to grow a career on" (in 18 reviews)
- "Constant layoffs and no stability while they try to please stockholders." (in 13 reviews)
- "Upper management appears to listen and ask for feedback but it is not clear it is a driver in decisions and goals." (in 11 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Cars.com and is not affected by filters.
- 2.0Oct 23, 2023Account SupervisorCurrent Employee, more than 5 years
- Excellent co-workers. Some of the smartest and best in the business. The company has a majority of of people that truly care - Forward thinking - A great suite of products - Ample vacation time
- Significant red tape to get anything accomplished from a dealer request. - Change in pay structure has led to a decrease in compensation or rewards. This has led to a lack of motivation to grow additional business, as it only means a slight, short lived "bonus". This translates to more work for little if any reward. - Significant bandwidth concerns. Most account managers are overworked and overwhelmed. Many are concerned this will lead employee turnover and/or client cancellations - Lack of trust in Sr. or CET leadership. Many people have voiced the bandwidth concerns along with the negative changes to pay structure, but the overall sentiment is that it's not being heard or taken seriously.2
- 5.0Nov 10, 2023Web Developer IICurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsChicago, IL
- Innovative - Great Benefits - Great learning Opportunities for Advancement
- Compensation is lower than the average by a good amount. - Industry specific (Automotive) - Workload can be overwhelming for some.
- 5.0Nov 9, 2023Performance ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearChicago, IL
Work from home, learning resources, strong supportive leadership
The state of the industry and the dealers you have to serve
- 5.0Oct 25, 2023BDE - Business Development ExecutiveCurrent EmployeeChicago, IL
Genuine sense of contribution and community, very supportive sales culture.
Very little I can muster here. Pay is good, culture great, time off and benefits are strong.
- 4.0Nov 15, 2023ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsChicago, IL
Lots of opportunity to collaborate with other departments, if they are willing.
Upper leadership isn’t always clear on the vision or guiding other leaders to additional career opportunities.
- 3.0Oct 18, 2023ManagerFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsChicago, IL
A highly creative team with an innovative approach to new concepts and designs.
Management and HR do not support their employees when challenging issues arise. A lot of "HR" speak is used during meetings to resolve issues.
Cars.com Reviews FAQs
Cars.com has an overall rating of 4.1 out of 5, based on over 616 reviews left anonymously by employees. 75% of employees would recommend working at Cars.com to a friend and 74% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -3% over the last 12 months.
75% of Cars.com employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Cars.com 4.3 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.3 for culture and values and 3.8 for career opportunities.