Catherines Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Catherines

1.8

Corporate Office Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bensalem, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Catherines (Bensalem, PA) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied and received a response from HR a few days later. Had a great phone interview and was invited to meet at the corporate office with the HR individual and two managers. They were all very nice and we had a great conversation. I left feeling very confident and was told I would hear back within 2 weeks for the next steps. It's been over a month and after reaching out to all the people I interviewed with through both email and phone messages, I have never heard anything. I find it completely unprofessional not to respond to an applicant, especially since it was an in person interview. A simple thank you for meeting us, but we are choosing another candidate is easy enough to send. I am completely disappointed in my experience, as I thought the people were kind and professional and all I want is an email or call back!

Interview Questions

• Pretty traditional questions on what I did in my past roles   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Corpus Christi, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Catherines (Corpus Christi, TX).

Interview

About a month after using my resume to apply on A hiring search engine site a got a phone call for a one on one interview with the store manager. She was kind great personality and chatty. She asked me about my previous jobs so I gave her a day in the life scenario, and explained the transitions of leaving one company for another then getting laid off. Which lead to the conversation of how it's no secret retail is struggling with cut backs and payroll and how previously I improvised because of it. She was upfront with expectations in metrics, what she needed help in and her weaknesses (which was refreshing) and asked me a lot of questions. Dressed professionally but read about needing to be fashion forward so I wore black dress pants flats a nice sheer lace top some fashion classy jewelry and made sure I did something with my hair that wasn't plain. She said I needed to get my online app filled out asap and she would let me know a time the DM could do a phone interview. All pay scale questions and negotiations had to go through DM. I had some questions about were in the company and distract the store ranked so I could get an idea of pay. I asked about how they are on meeting metrics and what kind of shrink issues the specific area and store had. Will ask DM more about how they merchandise as far as strictly to Plano gram or if they have all of the merchandise. Also what kind of opportunities the specific store has for improvement.

Interview Questions

• Why Catherine s ?   1 Answer
    • Do you like retail? Why if so?   1 Answer
    • Discipline?   1 Answer
    • How would you feel you could handle having to be alone in the store in opening hours?   1 Answer

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bensalem, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Catherines (Bensalem, PA).

Interview

Online application, in-person interview with 2 HR representatives, final in-person 1 on 1 interview with 3 department heads that I was applying for. Very standard interview experience, and timely communication from HR. This was my first true internship and it was a great start. It was very conversation based. With little work experience, they asked me what I hope to gain from my first internship and where I hope to be by the end of the summer. Common interview questions were used such as strengths, weaknesses, and leadership experience.

Marketing Interview

Interview

The interview process was lengthy but I was able to learn the overall position clearly. I met with 4 different people, roughly 40 min each. HR eventually gave me a call offering the position and i accepted.

Interview Questions

• What is a recent achievement that best demonstrates a skill needed for this position?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Catherines in November 2013.

Interview

The hiring process/interview was beyond easy. I applied for the job via the online application and was contacted about a week (or less) after the application. I went in for the interview and the manager hired me right on the spot. The only issues I had came with the online paper work afterwards. My birthday was entered wrong and I had to complete the ENTIRE thing over again as well as it was just incredibly long.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Catherines.

Interview

Interview process is very detailed. Company policy,culture and branding are discussed at length, SSM partners with DSM in hiring process. All applications are accepted online. Dress accordingly as it is very fashion forward. Be open and flexible with your schedule. Ask as many questions as possible so there is no misunderstanding. A smile and an upbeat attitude speaks volumes.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Ask for more than you need and you may get what you desire.

Anonymous Employee in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Catherines (Little Rock, AR) in November 2013.

Interview

It was very conversation like. We discussed why I wanted to work there, past experience, fashion sense, my hobbies, family life, what I love about retail, etc. She was very pleasant at this time. She came across as very family oriented, personable and kind. I suggest dressing fashionably as this will definitely be liked at during the interview. Accessorize as much as possible. Having nine articles of clothing and accessories is important.

Interview Questions

• What do I love about plus size fashion   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Catherines (Indianapolis, IN) in June 2018.

Interview

Interviewed with store manager in person and then again with district management by phone. I was notified within twenty four hours with an offer, pay rate, and benefit details and description.

Interview Questions

• Why is the connection with HER so important?   1 Answer

Key Holder Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Catherines (Houston, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

Mgr. did all the talking, but asked no questions! She did not interview me just rambled on. Strangest thing is everything she said was later proven false. She told me what I wanted to hear but once I started the job everything she had said was a out & out lie. From training period to hours I would be expected to work.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Catherines.

Interview

Spoke with district Manager 1st, then spoke with a regional manager, both asked a lot of very sales related questions and how to treat women. Very comfortable conversation, they really want to feel out your personality.