Catherines Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Catherines Interview Questions

Updated Jul 12, 2017

1.8

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Catherines (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Applied online and received a call about a week later.

Interviewed by manager then was interview by another employee on a separate day.

They were both super nice and sweet that I actually wasn't nervous at all during these interviews.

Interview Questions

• What is Customer Service to you?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever dealt with credit card sign ups? Would you be comfortable doing so?   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Corpus Christi, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Catherines (Corpus Christi, TX).

Interview

About a month after using my resume to apply on A hiring search engine site a got a phone call for a one on one interview with the store manager. She was kind great personality and chatty. She asked me about my previous jobs so I gave her a day in the life scenario, and explained the transitions of leaving one company for another then getting laid off. Which lead to the conversation of how it's no secret retail is struggling with cut backs and payroll and how previously I improvised because of it. She was upfront with expectations in metrics, what she needed help in and her weaknesses (which was refreshing) and asked me a lot of questions. Dressed professionally but read about needing to be fashion forward so I wore black dress pants flats a nice sheer lace top some fashion classy jewelry and made sure I did something with my hair that wasn't plain. She said I needed to get my online app filled out asap and she would let me know a time the DM could do a phone interview. All pay scale questions and negotiations had to go through DM. I had some questions about were in the company and distract the store ranked so I could get an idea of pay. I asked about how they are on meeting metrics and what kind of shrink issues the specific area and store had. Will ask DM more about how they merchandise as far as strictly to Plano gram or if they have all of the merchandise. Also what kind of opportunities the specific store has for improvement.

Interview Questions

• Why Catherine s ?   1 Answer
    • Do you like retail? Why if so?   1 Answer
    • Discipline?   1 Answer
    • How would you feel you could handle having to be alone in the store in opening hours?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Hattiesburg, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Catherines (Hattiesburg, MS) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied on a Sunday, called the store to verify that they were still hiring and left my name, I was asked to return the following day for an interview. Interviewer was extremely nice, great experience. I felt as if I was at my aunt's house the women were so lovely.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell me about a time where you we're recognized for a task.   Answer Question
    • Q: How did you handle a situation where you had to fix a mistake, and tell your supervisor?   Answer Question

Corporate Office Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bensalem, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Catherines (Bensalem, PA) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied and received a response from HR a few days later. Had a great phone interview and was invited to meet at the corporate office with the HR individual and two managers. They were all very nice and we had a great conversation. I left feeling very confident and was told I would hear back within 2 weeks for the next steps. It's been over a month and after reaching out to all the people I interviewed with through both email and phone messages, I have never heard anything. I find it completely unprofessional not to respond to an applicant, especially since it was an in person interview. A simple thank you for meeting us, but we are choosing another candidate is easy enough to send. I am completely disappointed in my experience, as I thought the people were kind and professional and all I want is an email or call back!

Interview Questions

• Pretty traditional questions on what I did in my past roles   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bensalem, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Catherines (Bensalem, PA).

Interview

Online application, in-person interview with 2 HR representatives, final in-person 1 on 1 interview with 3 department heads that I was applying for. Very standard interview experience, and timely communication from HR. This was my first true internship and it was a great start. It was very conversation based. With little work experience, they asked me what I hope to gain from my first internship and where I hope to be by the end of the summer. Common interview questions were used such as strengths, weaknesses, and leadership experience.

Anonymous Employee in Kennewick, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Catherines (Kennewick, WA) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview process was extremely simple. I applied online on the website and got a call back within 2 days. We scheduled my interview for 2 days later. I went in and spoke to 3 different ladies. The last one I spoke to was the assistant manager, and she had me put together an outfit to get my sense of style. They called me back with a job offer within 3 days. I gladly accepted the offer.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing/able to stand, stoop, reach, crouch, etc.   Answer Question
    • Are you okay with climbing ladders?   Answer Question
    • Are you okay with helping clean up since there's no maintenance crew?   Answer Question
    • What is one of your biggest accomplishments? Why?   Answer Question
    • If you're a new employee and you are faced with a difficult customer that has a concern, how would you approach it? What if it happened and you were in the store alone at the time?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Catherines.

Interview

Mostly just gave me a lot of information about the company. Didn't ask a lot of questions. Wanted to know about my availability. They asked me to tell them about myself. The manager was friendly and the interview was relaxed. I heard back from them within the week; very prompt. Overall a good experience.

Key Holder Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Catherines (Houston, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

Mgr. did all the talking, but asked no questions! She did not interview me just rambled on. Strangest thing is everything she said was later proven false. She told me what I wanted to hear but once I started the job everything she had said was a out & out lie. From training period to hours I would be expected to work.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Catherines (Houston, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied for the job online and filled out my personal information, I attached a resume as well. After answering some basic questions about my previous work experience I was finished. Within three weeks I received an email from Catherines stating to move forward with the hiring process I needed to provide some more info into my job profile. I competed filling out the profile from the Catherines hiring site, and was finished. A few days later I was called by the stores manager for a interview set up for that Friday. I went to the store the day of my interview and was greeted by the manger and her asnt. manger; who took me to their office and began asking me questions.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Catherines?   1 Answer
    • What is a time in your life that you felt you needed to take control?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Catherines in February 2015.

Interview

Very Straightforward. Manager discussed expectations and discussed job responsibilities. Enjoyed the experience throughout. She also was able to answer all my questions and allay any concerns I might have had.