Catherines Interview Questions

Updated Nov 11, 2020

To filter interviews, or .
Found 39 of over 39 interviews

1.9
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Catherines

Catherines

Application

I interviewed at Catherines

Interview

It was the longest interview I have ever experienced, with a lot of open ended questions. "Tell me about a time.....". It was much too intense for the position. This is in comparison to professional positions with much more responsibility .

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time you made a mistake on a job, and how you handled it.
    1 Answer

Catherines

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Catherines

Interview

Manager called me approximately a week after I submitted my resume, I went in a few days later and she asked me the basic questions. I wasn't really nervous when she was interviewing me.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Catherines

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Catherines

Interview

Spoke with district Manager 1st, then spoke with a regional manager, both asked a lot of very sales related questions and how to treat women. Very comfortable conversation, they really want to feel out your personality.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Catherines (Indianapolis, IN) in Jun 2018

Interview

Interviewed with store manager in person and then again with district management by phone. I was notified within twenty four hours with an offer, pay rate, and benefit details and description.

Interview Questions
  • Why is the connection with HER so important?

Catherines

Application

I interviewed at Catherines

Interview

The interview process was lengthy but I was able to learn the overall position clearly. I met with 4 different people, roughly 40 min each. HR eventually gave me a call offering the position and i accepted.

Interview Questions
  • What is a recent achievement that best demonstrates a skill needed for this position?

Catherines

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Catherines

Interview

Went in store for one interview, talked to Manager and Assistant Manager, hired on the spot. Very friendly, casual conversation. They did ask good questions but it was in a way that did not feel like you were getting grilled for an interview, made it easier to be yourself.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Catherines

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Catherines

Interview

Applied online and received a phone call from Christy in HR a couple days later. We set up a formal time for a phone interview then emailed me to change it not once but twice. After the interview, I emailed and called twice and she never called me back. So unprofessional. I was very interested in the job.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Catherines (San Diego, CA)

Interview

Applied online and received a call about a week later. Interviewed by manager then was interview by another employee on a separate day. They were both super nice and sweet that I actually wasn't nervous at all during these interviews.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Corpus Christi, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Catherines (Corpus Christi, TX)

Interview

About a month after using my resume to apply on A hiring search engine site a got a phone call for a one on one interview with the store manager. She was kind great personality and chatty. She asked me about my previous jobs so I gave her a day in the life scenario, and explained the transitions of leaving one company for another then getting laid off. Which lead to the conversation of how it's no secret retail is struggling with cut backs and payroll and how previously I improvised because of it. She was upfront with expectations in metrics, what she needed help in and her weaknesses (which was refreshing) and asked me a lot of questions. Dressed professionally but read about needing to be fashion forward so I wore black dress pants flats a nice sheer lace top some fashion classy jewelry and made sure I did something with my hair that wasn't plain. She said I needed to get my online app filled out asap and she would let me know a time the DM could do a phone interview. All pay scale questions and negotiations had to go through DM. I had some questions about were in the company and distract the store ranked so I could get an idea of pay. I asked about how they are on meeting metrics and what kind of shrink issues the specific area and store had. Will ask DM more about how they merchandise as far as strictly to Plano gram or if they have all of the merchandise. Also what kind of opportunities the specific store has for improvement.

Interview Questions
  • Why Catherine s ?
  • Do you like retail? Why if so?
  • Discipline?
  • How would you feel you could handle having to be alone in the store in opening hours?
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Lancaster, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Catherines (Lancaster, OH) in May 2017

Interview

Mostly just casual conversation, background, and previous experience. Very low key and low stress. It was only supposed to be a half an hour, but quickly turned into a considerably longer experience.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 39 Interviews